Let's Bend the Rules.

The Rules

Image

Zaria's PoV:

"Zar!" Rhydan yells from the hallway. [By the way, Zaria calls Rhydan, Dan just so you don't get confused].
"What!" I yell back.
"Would you hurry up? I haven't gotten all day here" She calls.
"I'm doing my make-up,” I tell her fixing my eyeliner.
"For God's sake! It's your first day!" She says sounding exasperated.
"Well, sorrr-ry for trying to make a good first impression" I tell her applying lip-gloss.
"What are you on about? You're working with dad, he's not gonna care if you look a bloody state!" She says and flops down on my bed.
"Well, it was dad I was intending to impress" I say casually.
"And, who were you planning to impress?" She asks sounding curious.
"How should I know? But alot of really fit lads work there" I say.
"They don't work there! They produce their albums their" She says rolling her eyes, "Boy, do you have alot to learn". She mumbles the last part.
I shove all my make-up into my tiny itsy bitsy bag.
"Oh, look! She's done!" Dan mocks. I roll my eyes and walk out of my room. She runs past me on the stairs and grabs her keys from the hall table and coat from the hook.
"Bye mum!" She calls pulling her jacket on. Mum comes out to the hall,
"Hey, you got your hair done" I comment.
Our mum is the type of person who get's her haired dyed every month a different colour.
"I did, now do everything you dad tells you, even if that includes getting him a cup of coffee, Lord knows you don't do anything around the house, but please. Your dad can't be shown to have a spoiled brat for his youngest,” She says, as if I am going to my first day of school.
"But, mum, you do have a spoiled brat, for your youngest" Dan says, I stick my middle finger up to her from behind my back so mum won't see.
"Rhydan, be nice to your sister, and don't let her get to over-excited" She says to Dan.
"Why would I get too over-excited?"
"Cause your a little slut who flirts with every guy passing" Dan shrugs.
"Eh, actually I flirt with every musician guy that passes" I point out.
"Doesn't make a difference does it? We're going to a Record company, they are all musicians,” She says.
"Ye-"
"Girls, stop bickering, your acting like children" She says.
"Zar still is one mum,” Dan says,
"That's enough, would you two get out of here already?" She says pushing me out the door.
Dan walks out behind me and unlocks her, mini-cooper which is an acrylic pink comfortable.
"I want this car" I sigh getting into the passengers seat.
"Well, wake up sister, 'cause that ain't ever gonna happen" She says, while pressing the button to put down the roof, puts her sunglasses on, turns on the radio and starts up the car all at once.
I yawn, "How do you get up this early, every morning?" I ask her.
"Early! Zar, I normally have to be in by eight!" she says over the noise of the music. We come to a red light and she slows down,
"BIT LATE FOR WORK RHY?" A complete stranger asks her. She turns her head.
"HEY JAMIE! NAH, BRINGING ZAR IN, IT'S HER FIRST DAY!" She tells him.
"Oh, right! We still on for tonight?" He asks.
" YEAH! See you then" She replies and drives off.
"So, was that the boyfriend?" I ask her.
"No, and how many times do I have to tell you I don't have one?" She asks.
"Until I believe you,” I reply.

"What's the time Dan?" I ask her five minutes later.
"Eleven" She replies.
"Man, I'm wrecked!" I say. She laughs and turns down the radio, which was probably playing one of the best songs from the best bands in the world; +44.
"OI!" I yell.
"Hey, keep it down, I work in this area,” She hisses.
"HEY RHY! STILL ON FOR LUNCH?!" Another stranger asks from a car pulling up beside us at the red light.
"WHEN AM I NEVER?" She replies and as the light goes green we drive off.
"How do you know all these people? Dinner dates, lunch dates, man your life is hectic,” I say.
She shrugs,
"You get to know everyone".
She pulls into an under-ground parking lot.
"There's dad's car" I say pointing to it.
"Well duh, he did leave for work this morning" She says parking in a space opposite him.
"How come he gets the best spot?" I ask her.
"Cause he owns the place!" She says. She takes the key from the ignition and presses the button to put down the roof and get's out.
"I'll bring you to dad" She says.
"No, really it's okay" I tell her.
"You don't know where you're going,” She points out.
"Oh yeah, bummer" I say.
"Would you quit with the American talk? It's driving me insane!" She says and walks to an elevator in the car park. I follow her.
"Well, sorry, that's what you get living there for six months" I tell her. We step out of the elevator when the doors open, to see a very fancy looking lobby place thing. It is huge! Everything so shiny.
"Morning Lou" Dan yells to the lady at the desk.
"Hey to you too, by the way, you're dad is looking for you, something about a phone call from a Derek?" She says
"Shit" She says and walks towards the long line for the elevators. A door opens and she completely skips the queue and walks in, no one else follows her, not even me.
"Zar, c'mon, I'm in a hurry,” She says.
"Dan, you can't just skip the queue,” I tell her. She looks at the queue.
"They know I'm in a hurry, don't you,” She says looking at them.
"Yes, ms. Simons" The mutter.
I shrug and get into the elevator. The doors shut and I turn to her as she presses the top floor.
"Why don't they get into the same elevator as you?" I ask her.
"Cause they know who I am, and don't want to piss me off, only people I know do, it's kinda gay" She says.
I nod; the doors open and about four guys get in.
"Hey Rhy" They greet her,
"Hey, how are my boys doing?" She asks them.
"We're all good, our new album is out today" The youngest, I think says.
"I know! I saw the cover, amazing work guys" She says, the doors open again and they get out with a wave good bye to her.
"Fine, don't bother to introduce me to anyone" I mutter.
"Oh, sorry, I didn't realise you didn't know them, I will next people who come in though" She says. The doors open and another guy with very curly hair get's in.
"Don't flirt with this one, whatever you do,” She mutters to me. I frown at her and she lifts her head and he sees her.
"Rhy! I didn't notice you there" He says hugging her.
"Well that's so nice coming for you of all people" She replies laughing.
Then HE KISSES HER CHEEK!
"How was your night?" He asks her.
*Who is this dude! *
*I know him from somewhere! *
"Not bad, dad's letting me come in late today though" She replies.
*Cough, Cough! I am here y'know! Care to introduce us? *
"Oh, I was looking for you, Tiff said you hadn't come in yet" He says,
*EW HE'S HOLDING HER HAND! *
"How would she know if I was in or not?" She asks sounding confused.
"I dunno, but that girl knows everything" He says.
*OK, WHO ARE YOU FREAK! *
I give up, after coughing and coughing trying to make Dan notice me there, but she doesn't even blink every time I make a movement. I take my trusty i-pod from my bag, and put the earphones in my ears.
I scroll down picking a random song,
THEN IT HITS ME!
I gasp; they both turn and look at me.
"Who are you?" The guy asks as if I had just gotten into the elevator.
*Now He notices me? *
"Oh, This is Zaria my sister" She says.
"Hi" I say quickly.
"Why'd you gasp?" Dan asks me.
"Cause I just figured out who he is!" I say. Dan looks down at their entwining hands and breaks from him as he takes a step back.
"You do?" Dan asks, I can't help but notice nervousness in her voice. Eh, why?
"Yeah! You're in McFly!" I say. She sighs. "What's up with you?"
"What? Oh, uh, nothing, yeah he's in McFly" She says quickly, and as the elevator stops and the doors open she walks out, him right behind her.
I follow them.
"I'll see you later" He says and hugs her, although I am pretty positive there is a hidden kiss somewhere in that hug.
They break apart and he walks around the corner with one last glance back at us.
"Right, let's go" She says and leads the way to dad's office. Which takes five minutes to get to and I'm positive she's leading me around in circles. We finally stop outside a door and she knocks, without waiting for a reply she walks in.
Dads sitting at the desk, four guys facing him, with their backs to us. They turn around,
"Hey Rhy" They greet her.
"Morning guys" She replies, "Dad, I brought your daughter".
He looks behind her, at me and nods,
"Boys, this is my youngest, Zaria, she will be working with you while I am away in France for the summer with Rhydan" Dad says. "Zaria, this is, Tom, Harry, Danny and Dougie".
"Hey" They say together.
"Okay girls take a seat,” Dad says, although mostly talking to me, as I am the only remaining one standing.
"So how are you two?" Danny asks.
"Did we jus- OW!" I say, Dan had stepped on my foot. Thank God dad hadn't seemed to notice anything as the phone just starts ringing. It rings once... then twice and Dan picks up the phone.
"Island Records, Richard Simons office, Rhydan speaking" She says into the phone. My mouth drops. Her voice changes and so does her mannerism.
*Wow, Dan all serious never seen this side of her! *
"Yes, Okay, please hold" She says and presses a button.
"It's Derek,” She tells dad. He nods and she presses some button on a cordless phone and hands it to him.
"Derek! Yes! I'm fine!" Dad says and walks out of the room.
"What?" She asks, when she notices me staring at her.
"Ok, why did you cut me off? Stand on my foot and what the hell happens when you go on the phone?" I ask her. The guys laugh.
"Well, I have to act professional" She shrugs,
"And the other two questions?" I ask her.
"Um, ok, me and um... uh" She glances at Danny he nods.
"Wait!" Harry, I think, shouts. I look at him, startled.
"Is she a blabber mouth?" He asks.
This causes me to stare at him more and also frown.
"No, and why would you care?" She asks him also frowning
"Cause, she might spill the beans and then the band might be in jeopardy.
"Oh, well she won't" Dan reassures him.
"Okay, then carry on" He says.
"Right, well Zar-"
"Where were we?" Dad interrupts.
Dan jumps, nearly off her seat but Danny catches her. Then she randomly bursts out laughing. Right now I am ashamed to have such a highly embarrassing older sister.
"Relationships" Dougie says from the corner. I turn and look at him, for practically the first time. My jaw drops.
"Right, yes, so you boys know you can't have any relationships at the moment" Dad says.
"Bu-" Tom butts in,
"Yes, Tom, we all know about Gio, she is an exception, and so is Izzy" Dad adds looking at Harry who looks as if he is about to comment,
"So basically you're just talking to me and Danny?" Dougie asks. I look at him, his features. My brain feels like it's melting!
*Wow is this guy gorgeous or is it just me? *
"Well, yes, no relationships, you are all about to come into a really busy time and I can't have you distracted by new girlfriends, and leaving at short notice" Dad reasons. I mean, I guess he has a point.
"Well, unless we date someone from here, then we wouldn't really be going out and missing recordings,” Dougie says.
Dad just stares at him, the room has gone unusually quiet, especially from Danny and Dan. Okay that's weird, name clash! Haha. Then dad finally replies,
"You know the rules, Dougie".
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it's a bit boring but i promis the next one will be better, anyway please tell me what you think of it..