Let's Bend the Rules.

The meeting of Gerard the Psyhcho

Zaria’s PoV:

The phone rings, AGAIN. Gosh what a bummer, can you ever have a proper conversation in this place with him. I’m guessing the answer would be… No.
He leaves his office because he wanted, privacy.

“Okay, so anyway” Dan says coming from behind Dad’s desk [She answered the phone people!] and sitting down on Danny’s lap.
I frown, then it hits me.
“Are you two going out with each other?” I ask them.
Harry looks at me,
“Look who’s clever” He says sarcastically.
“I don’t like you” I tell him, but then he thought I was serious so I laugh.
“So you are?” I ask Dan. She looks at me, smiles then nods.
“Oh My God! Why didn’t you tell me? How long? A couple of Days? Weeks? Months? Oh my God, if it’s months I swear I will scream”
“Zar, it’s Five-“
“Five days?” I ask,
“No, Five-“
“Five weeks?” I ask, my voice getting louder.
“NO! Five-“
MONTHS!”I yell.
“YEARS! ZAR! YEARS!” She screams at me. I jump back.
“You’ve been going out five years?” I ask quietly.
“Yes. If you didn’t shut up, I would’ve been able to tell you that” She says.
“But- But- You didn’t tell me? WHY?” I shout.
“Because well, I dunno” She replies her head bent.
“Well anyway now that you know you can’t tell anyone, and Gerard is coming this way’, Danny says looking through the see through wall things.
She jumps up,
“Oh Fuck. What does he want now” She mutters to herself while standing up.
Danny walks with her to behind her seat and places his arm around her while the two walk for a moment,
“Who’s Gerard?” I ask the room.
“A really big stuck-up guy who literally thinks he owns the place, oh and he hates me for some reason” Dougie tell me.
“Why?” I ask him.
“No idea, he was there when we got introduced to Rhy, and I was shaking her hand when he walked in, since then, he’s pretty much hated me” He shrugs.
“And it was Danny who got her in the end” Harry comments.
“I’m not a thing you buy in the shop you know” Dan says.
I laugh, then see this Gerard guy walking towards us.
Let’s just say his style is very… um… unique?
“What in flaming hell is that!?” I ask Tom, he shrugs and laughs,
“Just watch” He says smiling. I nod. A short rap comes on the door and it flings open,
*This guy is a little bit rude!*
“Rhy” He says,
“It’s Rhydan “ She tells him.
He laughs.
He turns to me,
“And who’s this?” He asks.
“Zaria” I tell him. I shake his hand,
He gives me a freaky smile. I reply a very scared one.
“Tonight, at 7 Rhy, I’m picking you up” He tells Dan turning to her.
“What?” She asks him scared.
“Picking you up, we’re going to dinner” He tells her.
“The rules Gerard” She reminds him.
“Oh, don’t tell me about the rules, I know all about them” he says.
“My father won’t allow it” She says,
“I’ve asked him, he says I have permission” He says smugly.
“ I thought you weren’t allowed to date the people you work with” I say.
“You’re not” Danny remarks.
Gerard’s eyes jump from Danny to his arm, which is around Dan’s waist,
“What’s the look for Gerard?” Dan asks him.
“Well, I just think it is incredibly funny that you two are mentioning not allowed to date the people who you work with” He says.
“What are you talking about?” Dan asks him.
“Well, we all know what’s going on between you two” He says.
“Ok, one, Danny and I are just friends-“
“Oh, I think it’s a little more than just friends” He interrupts her.
“We are very close friends” Danny remarks,
“And two” Dan continues as if there hadn’t been an inturruption. “If there was a thing going on between us then why are you asking me out?”.
“Oh, jut because I know I can” He says, turns and walks out.
“Well, he scares me” I mutter and Dougie laughs. I smile at him, something that he replies and shows his perfectly straight, pearly, white teeth.
“I hate him” Danny mutters.
You hate him, I’m the one who has to go on a bloody date with him tonight!” Dan moans.
“Tom, you’re going out tonight with Gio yeah?” Danny asks.
“Uh, yeah, why?” Tom asks.
“Cause I want you to go to the same restaurant as Rhy, keep and eye on Gerard in case he attempts to rape Rhy” He says with such a straight face.
*How he managed that I don’t know*
Everyone laughs at his comment, but the most obvious one to me is Dougie’s. It’s so different than any one I have ever heard.
I look at him, and smile, admiring his laugh.
“Zar, I need to talk to you!” Dan says looking at me.
“So talk” I tell her, dragging my eyes away from Dougie’s hair.
“Outside” She says sharply. She walks out the door. I roll my eyes at Dougie he laughs and I follow her.
“What you do?” Harry asks.
“I dunno, but I think I’m about to find out” I tell him. I walk out the door; she is leaning against the wall.
“Yes?” I ask her.
“Would you please keep your tongue inside your mouth” She says.
“Huh?” I reply.
“You are drooling all over Dougie, and frankly it’s a bit embarrassing” She snaps.
“Well, I’m sorry but he’s just gorgeous” I tell her.
“If you want to date him, you’re gonna have to ask dad, the rules might not apply to you as you aren’t working here properly, but I dunno” She says muttering off to herself.
“That Gerard one scares me” I tell her.
“Oh, yeah, ignore him, he’s been hitting on me since I arrived” She says.
“Today?” I ask her,
“Nope, five years ago” She replies.
“It took him five years to ask you out?” I ask her,
“What can I say? I scare most the people here” She says shrugging and walks back inside.
“So” I say as I take my seat back inside the office, “When did you guys meet?” I ask Dan and Danny.
“Five years ago, here actually” Dan says entwining her fingers with Danny’s.
Dad comes back into the room,
“Okay boys, dates and things are changing” He says sitting behind his huge desk. Dan takes her hand from Danny’s put he still keeps his arm around her.
“Dates?” Tom asks.
“Yes, I’m off to France tomorrow, so that means the tour will be starting in three days” He explains.
“Three days?” Harry interrupts.
“Yes, -“
“But, dad, I’ve only just gotten here” I tell him,
“I know!” He says, his voice raising. I back off. He scares me when he gets angry.
“But dad, the tour wasn’t supposed to be starting for another month!” Dan says,
“I do know this Rhydan” He says,
“Is Zaria still going to be able to come?” Dougie asks. I look at dad, his eyes are narrowed,
“Mr. Poynter I think we need to have a talk” He says.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it, please tell me want you think.