Let's Bend the Rules.

Chats

Zaria's PoV

I have to sit here and watch as Dougie begins to be harassed by my father and his questionings.
I know if I interrupt, I am just leading myself into a trap.

To tell you the truth, I am amazed that Dougie is handling this so well.

I mean I can tell he's scared sh*t, but that's only if you know him. The fact that Dougie seems so calm just manages to make my father even angrier, if possible I mean.

"And what happened last night?"

"I brought Zaria out for dinner with Rhydan and Gerard" Dougie responds calmly, his voice strangely even.

"And why didn't you bring her home?"

"Because-"

"Dad I think I should explain this" Rhydan interrupts Dougie.

My dad, well let's just say, he's furious right about now, but Rhydan doesn't take the hint to shut up and continues, ignoring the glares and looks.

"Gerard isn't all that sweet dad" Rhydan begins, "He's actually a jerk who tried making a move on me last night"

Wow don't hold back sis.
Dad's jaw drops. Once he realises this he collects himself, and does a small cough.

"I don't understand" He tells Rhydan.

"Well, okay I'll tell you exactly what happened. So we were sitting in the restaurant, just as the deserts came. Gerard suddenly decides to think that I want to hear his ideas of what he'd do to me and starts muttering in my ear-"

At this point, I'd just love to freeze the room and take a mental picture of my father. His face is priceless!

"-and places his hand on my knee and when I told him to remove it, he didn't so I did it for him, but he just placed it back in the same position. I asked again until Dougie told him to remove his hand. He still didn't and at this stage was becoming a little restless and grabbed me by my wrists tightly. I wasn't sure of what he'd do to me in a restaurant in front of all those people but I wasn't ready to risk it. I struggled but he was just too strong. Next thing I know Danny is at our table and threatening Gerard to remove me from his grip. I release myself from his grip and Danny brings me to his and Harry's table while Dougie and Zaria left" Rhydan explains.

Wow, that was a very long speech, and I can tell Dad is shocked by the way his employee had acted towards his daughter.

"What exactly did he say to you?" Dad asks her after a minute of careful thinking I'm guessing.

"Are you sure you really want to know?" Rhydan asks him with a small smirk.

"On second thought no… Right so Dougie you defended my daughter so I give you credit for that, but where did Zaria and you disappear to afterwards?" Dad asks him, regaining his normal threatening voice, but I can hear the slight change in it.
It may not be much, but it's a start.

"I brought her back to my place" Dougie tells him.

Oh God don't ask him what we did, please don't dad! Pease! I beg you!

"And then?" Dad asks.

F.uck

"We had a couple of drinks, talked, watched a film and by the end of the movie she was asleep, I considered calling you to tell you she wasn't going to be home, but she hadn't brought her phone" Dougie tells him.

Well I guess some of that is true.
I had a sip of wine, we talked - kind of and he did ask me if I wanted to call home.

Dad stares at him for a while before nodding slightly.

"Alright Mr. Poynter, next time I would appreciate it if you called me to tell me that my daughter won't be coming home" He says in a low voice.

Next Time. He said next time. That means I'm not banned from seeing him!
Thank God!

"Yes sir" Dougie replies nervously.

"You two can leave" He says, dismissing Dougie and myself. I find myself feeling guilty about what Rhydan is about to be put through, but I have no choice but to leave.

Dougie quickly hops up from his chair, takes my hand, and leads me towards the hall.

"Oh my god" He whispers quietly as I gently shut the door behind me.

I smile, "You did great" I tell him and start bringing him up the stairs.

Once we reach my bedroom, I place Dougie on my bed while I go to my wardrobe to change into my 'work' clothes.

"Your dad is one scary man" Dougie mutters lying back onto my pillow. I turn my head and smile at him.

"He's a real softie once you get to know him" I respond.
Dougie just scoffs and I laugh.

Rhydan's PoV

"Where were you last night Ryhdan?" Dad asks me.

"I stayed at Danny's house" I tell him quietly.

"Why?"

"Because…" I stopped for a minute; the only way I could think about getting out of this was the guilt approach. Well I decide to take a shot at it, after all what harm will it do?

"After what Gerard had said to me, I was feeling like I was being used. I felt like I was a little tramp who got flung around the place, having no say about what her life is going end up like. You know I've never wanted to go out with him, he's been at me for years but I heard about his part relationships, I knew what he had done to girls and how he treated them. I just didn't say anything because I thought you'd think I was just trying to get out of the date, and I didn't want you to get angry with me. 'Cause daddy?" I look up him and he looks back at me, a small frown forming, and perfect timing for tears.
"I love you to much" I tell him, a single tear rolling down my cheek.

And he softens. Like I knew he would.
Hard to believe such a big man can be broken by his eldest daughter.

I stand up and gingerly walk towards him and hug him.

"I love you too sweetheart" He whispers in my ear, "I'll take care of Gerard, don't you worry".

"Thanks daddy" I whisper and kiss his cheek.

I turn and walk towards the door and pull it open, but stop and turn around, "Dad, could you give me a lift to work when you're going?" I ask him.

"Where's your car?" He asks me, confused.

"Oh I left it there yesterday" I tell him remembering my trip to Danny's house.

"Why?"

"Because, I was offered a lift home with someone else" I tell him smoothly.

"Okay, I'll call you when I'm leaving" He nods.

I smile and make my way to my bedroom; along the landing, my mother stops me.

"I swear you're in the wrong business" She mutters to me.

I look at her confused, "Sorry?"

"You are the best actress I've ever come across you know that?" She grins, I can't help but smile.

"I'm not really, it's just I don't want him finding out about him" I tell her in a low voice, butterflies are erupting just thinking about him.

"Speaking of which Danny called, so you better ring him back" She nods. A smile plasters my face at the mention of his name.

"You really love him don't you?" She asks me softly.

This get's me thinking, Danny and I have always loved each other, but could you go beyond love? Was there another emotion that you could feel towards someone else that was stronger and more passionate than love?
Was it possible that this was not only love, it was something more, much more… if there is such a thing?

"Yeah, I really do" I tell her dazedly making my way into my room and picking up my phone, dialling Danny's digits.

Zaria's PoV

When I'm all ready and changed, I crawl on top of my sheets and reach Dougie's side. He has been watching television in my room for the past hour.

He looks down at me as I lean my head on his chest and stare into his eyes.

"Dougie" I smile. He returns the smile and turns off the TV, noticing I want to talk.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Em, I was thinking and well…" I trail off, wondering how to put this.

"What? What's wrong?" He asks me, worried.

"No, it's nothing bad, I was just well… Last night, it was amazing and all, but…"

"You want to take things a little slower?" He asks me, smiling.

I nod embarrassed slightly, then let my head drop.
"Yeah"

"Hey, it's okay. I was thinking about it too. I mean last night was amazing, but there's a lot I don't know about you that I want to find out" He tells me gently.

I look up at him and smile.

"You're great you know that?"

"I've been told" He grins. I roll my eyes and kiss him softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
there that was long! man that took so long to WRITE! ahh, but i hope you like it. i know not any action, but you know, people need a break! lol