Status: Done

Can You Take Me Back to the Person I Used to Be?

Dirty Little Secret

We both climbed into Johns car because I was way too emotional and tired to even think about driving at that moment.

I stayed quiet most of the car ride, but felt butterflies arise when I kept catching John sneaking glances at me.

When we got home I stepped out of the car with wobbly legs. I steadied myself on the hood of the car before stumbling again.

"Careful, baby." John warned softly as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"I'm so tired." I murmured as I leaned into him.

"Come here." He said before hooking an arm under my knees and one around my back as he carried me inside.

He walked straight back to the bedroom we once shared, that was still piled with his things.

He laid me down gently on the bed and pulled my shoes off before draping the covers over me. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and sat down on the bed next to me. He tested my reaction to the possibility of him spending the night. Honestly, if I wasn't so exhausted I probably would have told him to sleep on the couch or even go home. After peeling his skin tight jeans off, he unbuttoned his shirt and slid under the covers with me.

I slept against him and rested a hand on his chest.

"I love you." He whispered softly before kissing the top of my head.

I just kept my eyes closed and allowed myself to fall asleep without responding.

John

I laid there allowing the petite beauty to use me for comfort.

"I love you." I whispered and kissed the top of her head breathing in the sweet scent of her shampoo.

She never responded, not that I expected her to. But I still had a shred of hope. After all, I was the one she called about Shaggy. Not Amanda, not Kennedy, not anyone else.

I watched her sleep as I softly stroked her hair. I looked around our bedroom. She hadn't even touched my things which gave me hope. Her dirty laundry hamper was almost full which meant that tomorrow, Sunday, she was going to spend the day doing laundry. She had a few vitamin bottles on her nightstand and a book. I reached over and picked it up. My stomach fell as I read the title.

What To Expect When You're Expecting
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe! Anybody see that coming?