Status: Done

Can You Take Me Back to the Person I Used to Be?

Maybe We Were Made For Each Other

"Caty, wake up." A voice whispered softly.

I groaned and rolled over.

"Caty, please." I heard John plead.

"Okay," I murmured as I opened my eyes to find John holding out a plate to me.

I sat up and took it from him. "Thank you, John." I smiled. "Did you let Shaggy out- oh wait." I cut myself off as I remembered last nights events.

Johns face fell and he sat next to me on the bed. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Did the vets office call?" I asked hopefully, thinking that maybe Shaggy was fine.

"Yeah..." He sighed. By his tone I could tell that Shaggy was gone.

"It's okay. I figured." I told him before taking a bite of the cheesy eggs he had prepared for me.

"Caty, I need to talk to you." He stated firmly. He looked into my eyes from the spot next to me and I caught a glimpse of a hurt expression.

"Okay, go." I urged as I set my plate aside.

He took a deep breath and rested his hand on my knee.

"Last month is all I can ever think about. Walking out on you was the worst mistake I have ever made. If you didn't trust me, I should have stayed and given you a reason to. I was just frustrated that after everything you gave me, I still didn't have it all. We both know that we're meant for each other and nothing is ever going to change that. Last night I found that book on your nightstand," He said pointing to the book I had picked up a few weeks ago. I immediately looked down in shame "You not telling me about it really hurt me. I can't believe that you don't trust me enough to even let me know that you're pregnant with our baby. I'm not mad at you though, I'm pissed at myself for letting things get this bad." He told me shamefully while hanging his head and running and hand through his bed head.

"I'm sorry, John. I was going to tell you-"

"Don't be sorry," He interrupted "This is all my fault. I'm taking the blame this time. I promise you that I will never, ever get angry with you for not trusting me again." He stated as he held my hands in his. "I just need to hear you say those three words."

At first I was confused, but then I caught on.

"I love you."

The grin I hadn't seen for quite some time finally made its way across his face.

"I love you so much, Caty." He smiled as he wrapped his arms around me. "How, um, how are you doing with..." He trailed off as he pulled away and motioned to my stomach.

"Really well. I've barely been sick at all." I answered with a grin, thinking about the little baby that was growing inside of me.

"Oh, I almost forgot." John said as he shoved his hand into his pocket.

He pulled out the ring.

"You left this in an envelope." He smirked as he grasped my hand and slid the ring on my left ring finger. "Now it's official again."

He leaned in and gave me a tender kiss on the lips.

"I'm so excited to be a dad." John grinned as he got down to eye level with my stomach and rubbed it through my shirt.

He looked up at me and must have seen the confused look on my face.

"What?" He chuckled.

"I just didn't think that you would be so...happy." I said slowly.

"I can't wait. Nine months is too long." He whined as he pulled my shirt up and kissed my belly.

"I think nine months is plenty of time." I chuckled.

"Come on, you're just as excited as I am." He accused me as he looked up at me from my stomach.

"Yeah." I grinned as a tear slid down my cheek.

"Don't cry." John frowned as he brought his head eye level with mine. He wiped away my tear with his thumb and leaned his forehead against mine.

"I'm so happy." I sniffled as I snaked my arms around his neck.

John smiled as no more tears came.

"You're coming with me on Thursday." He stated.

"John, I have a job." I frowned.

"I don't care. I can't not be with you especially when you're pregnant with our baby. I want to be taking care of you at all times." He explained.

"I can't just not show up, though." I told him.

He pulled away and sighed. "Then work out your two weeks notice and meet me on tour. Please?" He begged.

I bit my lip and thought about it.

"I'll take a leave of absence. Then I can go with you on Thursday and I can keep my job!" I smiled.

"Perfect." He murmured before kissing me on the lips. "Who else knows about you?" He asked after he pulled away.

"Just me, you, and the doctor." I shrugged.

"God, I can't wait to tell everybody." He grinned.

"Why are you so giddy?" I laughed.

"Because!" He stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "My baby's having a baby."

"I'm so glad you're here." I told him.

"I'm so glad you're amazing and take me back when I fuck up." He chuckled.

"I'll always take you back." I smiled.

He brought his hand up and caressed my cheek. Then he slowly leaned in and gave me the most love filled kiss I've ever experienced. His lips moved against mine so softly, but urgently as if he was going to die if he didn't have me.

"I love you." He said stressing every syllable.

I just grinned at him. "I love you, too."

His smile was setting off the butterflies in my stomach again.

I jumped from the bed when I realized that those weren't butterflies.

I rushed to the bathroom and made it to the porcelain bowl just in time to empty my stomach.

John came in behind me and pulled my hair away from my face. He held it up and blew cold air onto the back of my neck while his other hand rubbed my back.

"You okay?" He asked when I stopped throwing up.

"Mhmm." I mumbled as I stood up.

I brush my teeth furiously and left the bathroom with John following.

"Do you need anything? Water? Dry toast? Crackers?" He asked softly.

"No, I'm fine." I shrugged as I picked up the plate of eggs he made.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I nodded as I devoured the delicious breakfast.

"You're adorable."
♠ ♠ ♠
Two more chapters:)
Comment! Sorry I haven't been thanking for comments that much. But I'll catch up soon!