Status: Done

Can You Take Me Back to the Person I Used to Be?

Baby Blue Eyes

"Watch out! Whale coming through." I announced as I waddled my nine months pregnant body through the tour bus.

The guys just snickered as I took a seat on the couch.

After their first tour was over they had a break and then toured again right up until my due date. I felt like I was about to pop any second. I hated being on the cramped tour bus all the time. I barely fit into my bunk and everybody got mad at me for eating all their food.

I rubbed my beach ball belly and let out a sigh.

"You okay?" Kennedy asked.

"Yeah, I just wish that I was home right now. I just want to have the baby, already." I frowned.

"You only have two more weeks. Can't be that bad. Besides, be careful what you wish for." He shrugged in return.

"Oh I'd like to see you carry a baby for nine months!" I exclaimed in return.

"I'll pass..." He chuckled.

"That's right!" I smiled as I kept rubbing my belly.

"Catherine!" John sang as he walked onto the bus.

"What, John Cornelius?" I mocked.

"I love you." He smirked as he came over and kissed me before taking a seat next to me.

"Aww, I love you- ah!" I whimpered.

"What is- eww!" John exclaimed.

"My water just broke!" I shrieked as I got up. "I'm not due for two weeks!"

"Okay, just calm down babe. You're gonna be fine. I'm gonna go tell Brian we need to get to the hospital." He told me as he got up to talk to the bus driver.

"John! Pat and Tim are- Ah inside the venue. Your set's in two hours." I reminded him.

"I don't care. You're the most important thing right now, okay? Now take deep breaths." He ordered as he sat next to me.

"Okay." I nodded as I started to breathe in and out.

"What's happening? Why are we moving?" Garrett exclaimed as he walked out from his bunk.

"Caty's going into labor." Kennedy explained. Their faces both were pale.

"I'm not going to have the baby here, okay? Calm down." I snapped.

They both grumbled at me and John glared at them.

He looked back at me and held my hand.

"How are you so calm?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I'm excited, I guess." He grinned as he rubbed my stomach."You're gonna do amazing, okay. Don't worry."

"Mmhmm." I nodded as I tried to stay calm.

We got to the hospital and my contractions were getting closer together and more painful. It had only been an hour since my water broke.

"Ah, damn it!" I screeched as I experienced another painful contraction.

"Calm down, baby. It's gonna be okay." John shushed.

"No, John! This baby wants to come out now!" I yelled.

John was the only one I allowed in the room with me and he was obviously at a loss for what to do. I didn't blame him. What was he going to say?

The doctor walked into the room.

"Okay, how far apart are the contractions?" He asked.

"I don't know." I snapped.

"Okay, well you're ready to start pushing. Let's see how dilated you are." He said before checking me. "I'll be right back." He said as he walked out of the room quickly.

"What! What's wrong?" I asked.

"I, uh, I don't know darling. Don't worry, it's gonna be okay." He cooed as he stroked my hair and held my hand.

I groaned as more contractions came.

The doctor rushed back into the room with lots of nurses and another doctor.

"Caty, you're not dilated at all. We're going to have to perform a C-section. Are you familiar with what that is?" He asked.

"Yeah, is the baby going to be okay?" I worried.

"C-sections are very safe. I assure you that you and the baby will be fine." He told me.

"O-okay." I nodded. "John, I'm scared." I whimpered.

"You're gonna be fine, honey." He told me.

I could tell he was disappointed. He really wanted to see the birth of his child. We still didn't know the sex.

The doctor gave me a shot the numbed my whole body, but didn't knock me out.

They wheeled me into an operating room. I couldn't see anything from behind the curtain that was covering my lower body, and I didn't even have John with me. I was scared and upset.

I felt dull poking and jabbing around my pelvis and finally I heard crying.

"It's a girl!" I heard someone announce.

'A girl!' I thought right before I passed out from the morphine.

I awoke to the sound of someone talking softly.

"Hey baby girl." I heard John coo.

My eyes fluttered open and I caught sight of John with a pink bundle in his arms.

"Mommy's awake." He smiled to our daughter. "Here." He said as he placed the little baby in my arms.

"Oh my god, John." I gasped. "She's so cute."

John just shoved his hands in his pockets and grinned. I looked up at him from the hospital bed and grinned.

"She looks like you." He smiled.

I just nodded and looked at the tiny little baby. Her eyes were barely open and he tiny hands reached out and grasped my finger as she smiled at me.

"We did good." John said softly as he looked down at us.

"We did." I agreed in a whisper.

The baby giggled and blew spit bubbles. John and I laughed at the little girl as she made the cutest faces in the world.

"What are we gonna name her?" John asked.

"Madison Grace." I decided on the spot.

"It's perfect." He agreed.

"Just like her." I grinned.

The little baby fell asleep in my arms for the first time.

"I love you, Caty." John whispered as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you so much, John." I replied.

"Thank you for her. You were so strong." He told me.

"You're welcome." I blushed.

"I wanted a girl." He admitted.

"You did?" I asked as I held her in my arms.

"Yeah. I wanted to have a daddy's girl." He told me as he stroked my hair. "She's gonna be so beautiful, just like you."

"Please don't ever leave us, John. Not just because I need you, but because she does. Let's stay together forever." I begged. I must have still been on some morphine.

"I'll never leave my girls, ever."

Five years later

"Daddy! Daddy!" Maddie screamed as she ran down the stairs in her favorite pink dress.

"Baby girl!" John exclaimed as he picked her up in his arms and swung her around. "Happy birthday, sweetie."

"Did you make chocwate chip pancakes?" She asked sweetly as he held her in his arms.

"I sure did! And mommy got you grape juice to drink." He told her.

"Gwape juice!" She screamed.

She squirmed her way out of Johns arms and came running over to me.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Gwape! Gwape!" She screeched as she tugged on the hem of my shirt.

"Okay sweetheart, hold on." I chuckled as I waddled over to the fridge.

"Can the baby have gwape juice whenever he comes out?" She asked, referring to the little baby boy that I was pregnant with.

"We'll see." I told her.

Just then John came over and set down her plate of pancakes in front of her and she squealed adorabley as she saw that they were shaped like Big Bird.

"Eeeeee! Daddy! I wove you!" She squeaked as she hugged him tightly.

"I love you too, baby." He told her as he kissed her cheek.

Then he leaned over and kissed me on the lips.

"And I love you too, baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
And they all lived happily ever after!

Thanks so much to everybody who commented!! I couldn't have done it without you!
Remember to check out "Sweetheart, Just Be Real"
It's another John Oh story:)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!