Status: Done

Can You Take Me Back to the Person I Used to Be?

Hopeful Romantic

I woke up with Johns arms wrapped tightly around my midsection. I turned my head to see what time it was. The clock said 7:43.

My eyes almost popped out of my head and I jerked my body away from Johns.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I squeaked as I quickly got dressed.

"What is it?" John asked groggily as he looked at me.

"I'm gonna be so late! Damn it! I need you to do me a favor and take care of Shaggy today. I'll call a vet during lunch and schedule him an appointment to get shots and stuff, but right now I have to leave, sorry. Love you."

I kissed his cheek goodbye and pulled away immediately.

"John you're running a fever, sweetheart." I told him as I put the back of my hand to his forehead.

"No I'm not. I'm fine." He said through a congested voice.

"Yes you are. Do you want me to stay home today?" I asked him as I crawled up next to him.

"No, go to work. It's okay." He shrugged. He tried to hide it, but I could see the disappointment on his face.

I sighed and gave him another kiss on the forehead before walking out of the room. When I got out, Shaggy was wagging his tail at my feet and whining.

"Sorry buddy, I have to go." I said before walking out the door.

As soon as I shut the door I heard howling. I thought back to Johns face and how sad he looked. He took such good care of me when I was sick. I needed to be with him. I sighed and pulled out my phone. I dialed my boss' number and held the phone to my ear.

"Hello you've reached Lincoln Hospital, Charlotte speaking."

"Hey Charlotte, it's Caty." I greeted. "My fiancé is really sick and I was wondering if I could just stay home with him today?"

"Hi Caty. That's fine, actually. I was just going to call Fiona and tell her not to come in anyway. We're a tad over staffed." She laughed.

"Thank you so much."

"Not a problem. I hope he feels better. Goodbye" She said before hanging up.

I smiled and walked back inside. Shaggy quit howling immediately and John walked out of the bedroom with just his underwear on.

"What are you doing? You're gonna be late." John mumbled.

"I'm taking the day off." I shrugged.

"What? You?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, I thought it'd be nice to just spend the day together. Just us, no work, no friends. Just me and you all day." I smiled.

"I'm not sick, you don't have to stay." He told me before his cough got the best of him.

"Yeah, you're not sick." I said as I rolled my eyes. "Go back to bed sweetie. I'll make you some breakfast." I said urging him into the bedroom.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" He grinned.

"I think you've mentioned it." I smiled as I leaned up and pecked his cheek.

He got back into bed and before I knew it, Shaggy darted past me and hopped into bed with John.

I giggled and walked into the kitchen. I pulled a carton of eggs out of the fridge and started making Johns favorite breakfast of a jalepeno omelet with toast and orange juice. We didn't have any trays so I just juggled everything in my hands and took it into the bedroom. Shaggy perked up and John turned his head away from the tv to look at me.

"Babe, you didn't have to go all out." John smirked as I set the food in his lap.

"I wanted to." I replied simply.

"Wanna do me a favor?" He asked.

"Yeah, what do you need honey?"

"Can you change out of your scrubs?" He smirked.

I laughed and hit his chest playfully.

"Fine. But only because you're sick." I said in a warning tone.

I changed back into Johns boxers and a tight black v-neck of mine.

"Better?" I asked.

"Mhmm." He nodded as he chewed his food.

"Good. Do you need anything else?" I asked him.

He beckoned me over with his fingers and I walked over and jumped on the bed. "Hm?" I asked.

He then pointed to his lips which were still full of the breakfast I made him.

I smiled and gave him a light, sweet kiss on his lips.

"Mm! I feel better already." He said through a muffled voice due to the food that he was still chewing.

"Oh? But I thought you weren't sick." I smirked.

"I'm lovesick." He said dramatically as he picked my hand up and placed it on his heart. "I love you, Caty." He said seriously. I got butterflies from the look he was giving me.

"I love you too, John." I replied matching his tone.

"I wish you didn't have to work so much." He sighed.

"John, if this is really bothering you then I'll change it. Just say the word."

"I don't want you to do that because then when I'm gone you'll be lonely and fall in love with some rugged doctor that will sweep you off your feet." He whined.

"John Cornelius! I would never leave you. I thought you were smarter than that, sweetheart." I grinned as I placed another small kiss on his lips.

"I know, I just," He sighed "You deserve better than having a part time boyfriend. You need someone who can make you your favorite dessert when you've had a bad day, but I might be 300 miles away if that happens."

"Then I'll go to Dairy Queen and give you a call." I shrugged. "John, you think I don't know what I'm giving up? I do, I just don't mind because if having a part time boyfriend means having a full time love, then I'm fine with it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah I suck at ending chapters! I'm sorry
Subscribe and comment, please! And I just realized that I forgot to do thank you's but I'm way too lazy to do it tonight so expect some tomorrow! Haha.
Please subscribe!:)