Status: Writing as much as possible, hard story to write.

A Lover, Not a Fighter

The Bad Liar

“Alexis, Jake it’s time to get up, I need you to patrol the woods out there. Just have a look around and tell me what you find okay?” Victor yells in the hall.
An hour later Alexis and Jake are sitting at the kitchen table, eating breakfast.
“I don’t know why we have to be up so early, evil doesn’t start till around lunch time” Jake laughs nervously.
“He just wants to make sure everything is fine out there before he brings the younger people out” Alexis informs him.
“Eh hello, we are the younger people too you know” Jake stands up bringing his bowl to the sink.
“Yes but we’re different. We’ve grown up here, we know more and we’re more............equipped” she smiles.
“Speak for yourself” he stares out the window.
“I guess I was” she puts her bowl in the sink and walks into the hall.
“And hurry up with the dishes, we’ve to leave soon” she yells from the stairs.
Jake cusses under his breath and begin washing his bowl in the sink, while Alexis gets ready upstairs.
An hour later and they are walking through the deadly quiet woods.
“There’s nothing here Alex, can’t we just say we looked and go home?!” Jake wines aloud.

“No Jake we can’t, I promised we’d look. Hey what’s that over there? I don’t remember a house being here” Alexis runs ahead to a small wooden cottage.
“Alexis what the hell are you doing? Don’t you think it’s a little weird we’ve never seen this before, how do you know it’s safe?” Jake whispers chasing after her.
“How do you know it’s dangerous?” She whispers back before knocking on the door of the small cottage.
After a few moments no one had bothered to answer the door causing Alexis to rudely open it.
“See? No one’s home silly, I doubt anyone has even lived here for years. It’s pretty empty” she says walking into the house.
Jake doesn’t reply but slowly follows her inside.
They begin searching through the small cottage and it’s few rooms.
“Alexis, come here!” Jake calls almost urgently from the middle room facing the front door.

“What is it?” Alexis ruses to the door of the room and immediately looks at the pentagram with a ring around it on the floor.
“I don’t think we should have entered” Jake looks up at Alexis as she studies the chalk pentagram,
“Jake you can’t be scared of little magic spells, you fight demons for Christ sake!” Alexis laughs loudly.
“Alexis!” Jake yells standing up seeing something black form up from the floor.
It forms into a black figure, like a human but empty. A demon.
Alexis immediately takes out her sword and begins fighting with the demon, just as more begin to form around them.
“We have to get out of here! Everytime I kill one, two more come back!” Jake yells defending himself from two on coming demons.
Alexis runs through the demons separating her and Jake.
She grabs his hand and runs back through the crowd and out of the cottage.
They run through the woods and back in the direction of home.
When they are close to home, Alexis finally looks back.
“Hmmm they didn’t follow” she announces.
“What the hell just happened?” Jake asks walking towards the front door of the house.
Alexis puts her hand on his shoulder and pulls him back towards her.
“Do not tell Victor about this. When he asks say we had nothing to report. The woods were eerie quiet okay?” she whispers to him.
“I’m a bad liar Ally, you know that” he frowns.
“Ugh let me do the talking then” she walks ahead of him into the house.

Victor doesn’t arrive back at the house till seven o clock that night.
Alexis and Jake (as always) are in the games room holding controllers and staring at the screen, they don’t notice Victor watching them.
“Well how were the woods today? I heard you were awfully quiet when you got back, run into any trouble?” he asks making Alexis and Jake turn to face him.
Jake’s body is immediately tense.
“It was boring really, nothing totally quiet” Alexis fakes a yawn.
Victor nods twice.
“We found a house deeper in the woods, one that was never there before” Jake’s words rush out together.
“Shut up pea brain!” Alexis spits glaring at him.

“What house? There is no other house in the woods” Victor rubs his chin.
“There is! I said we shouldn’t go in, because it wasn’t there before and it didn’t look inviting. But Alexis said we had to see what was inside, we found this like pentagram thing on the floor in chalk? And then all these demons just like...appeared out of nowhere and and.....”Jake rushes the whole story as if he is about to burst.
“Oh for god sake!” Alexis sighs and walks out of the room.
“You get back here this instance Alexis and tell me the truth now!” Victor yells growing suddenly angry.

“We got into a little trouble, a few demons nothing we can’t handle alright. They didn’t follows out of the house when we ran away anyway so it doesn’t matter” she begins to turn and walk away again.
Victor grabs her by the wrist and pulls her to face him.
“You could have been killed Alexis don’t you understand that. You went in there knowing nothing of what could’ve been on the other side of that door and you risked both of your lives. How could you be so stupid?” he yells looking into her eyes.
“You’re a coward Victor. A rotten coward, you’re not even ending this stupid war. You aren’t even close, you’re fighting off silly demons in little no good towns when the big at the top is killing innocent people and getting away with it. You’re a coward, I went in there because I’m not! I’m looking for the one who started this so I can end it, I thought that’s what you were doing but no you’re just trying to convince everyone that he’ll give up. He won’t Victor, he’ll get stronger and when he does. You and you army of angst teenagers won’t be able to stop him” she screams into his face before walking into her bedroom, slamming the door and locking it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry to anyone who was interested in this story.
It has been very long since I've tried writing it.
But I'm back in business.
Inspired again, so expect more chapters.
Please tell me what you think of it and leave me comments,
Thank you.
This is a new way of writing, I usually write in Point of View so I am trying this out.
I don't know if it will be this way for the whole story but we'll see.
Enjoy!