Status: Just Started...

No Current Name

Kapreica

I walk down the hallway of Fondy High School on my last day of Freshman year. I've got my yearbook in my hand and I'm wandering around in the hunt for my best friend Ebony.
I feel hands slide around my waist and turn around to get captured in another hug.
"What's up, Preica?" Virgil, my cute-as-a-button friend, but I would never admit it to his face or anyone elses, even Ebony.
"I'm trying to find Ebony. Have you seen her?" I ask letting go of the hug because it can't last forever.
"Last I've seen she was with Clive." He said nugging my nose.
This is what I hate about Virgil; we're closer than I've ever been with anyone and I've known him longer than anyone and I've known him longer than anyone and yet he claims he can read my mind and still doesn't know how I feel, he acts like my boyfriend but won't make it official, and last but not least he's a sucker for blondes and I'm a red-head with freckles and glasses.
"Where was she with Clive?" I ask heading up a flight of stairs.
"Upper-English pod." He laughs. "They were outside the German room." He throws his arm over my shoulders.
"Why do you do that?!" I ask trying to get out of his grip. I finally slide out and start walking away. Virl hesitates a second, but then I hear him run after me. He grabs my hand and makes me stop.
"What do I do?" He questions, raising his eyebrows.
Knowing I can't explain that I like him and every time he nudges my nose or throws his arm over my shoulder he's leading me on, I say "nevermind," turn and walk the other way.
I don't hear him follow this time.

"Halloween is way better!" I hear Ebony say snotty as always. I still love her though. I stroll down the hall to her voice.
"Hey, what's up?" I ask.
"Chrusitmas is still better than Halloween." Clive puts in.
"Halloween comes first." Ebony says then she looks at me. "What's wrong, Preica?" She questions me.
"I don't know what you're talking about." I say not wanting to talk about it.
"Something..." She sighs and rests her arm on my shoulder. I shake her off because it reminds me of Virgil.
"Kapreica Gilson pleace come to the office." I hear ovet the intercom. "Kapreic Gilson."
Now might be the time that I tell you a bit about myself. My name is Kapreic Gilson, Preica for short. My best friends are Ebony Black, Clive Hearse, and Virgil Vigderson. My two favorite colors are green and black. I have days when I'm super preppy or super geeky. I'm not easy to figure out, but I have a great sense of humor when I want to show it. I love irises, monkeys, and-
"Hey Preica?!" I hear Ebony say and she wavers her hand in my face.
"Come back to Earth." Clive adds.
I hit him over the head and walk away. I hear behind me, "the office is the other way," and turn the corner on my heel. I guess I'm taking the long way.
"Preica!" I hear as I walk into the office.
I see Virgil sitting in one of the chairs. "This school is so stupid. You left your yearbook where we were talking in the hallway and a teacher told me to take it to the office even though I knew where you were, and then the office told me to wait here and give it to you anways!" He says handing me the yearbook.
"Thanks." I didn't realize I didn't have my yearbook. "I guess."
He throws his arm over my shoulders. "Lead the way!"
"Hey!" I say as he pushes me out the door. "I thought I was leading the way!" He's not listening though, because Blaze, his ex-girlfriend, is walking by and flips her hair to us. "You know you could tell her off, right?"
"Why would I want to do that?" He asks as his eyebrows basically rise to his hairline.
"Well, she, um, she acts like she's all that." I try avoiding his eyes. "Like she has you wrapped around her finger."
"She is and she does." He says matter-of-factly. He wraps his arms around my waist. "I think you're jealous." He smiles.
"Am not!" I blush trying to get out of his arms.
"You are!" He sounds shocked. "I was joking!" He smiles showing his dimples this time, "you like me!"
"I don't!" I say trying not to cry. "I really don't!"
"Are you crying?" He looks down at his jeans that have tear stains on the legs.
I try keeping my face hid, but his finger forces me to look up.
"You don't have to cry!" He freakes. "I didn't meant to make you cry!"
"Just leave me alone, Virgil!" I scream and run as fast as I can.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter written by Dana.
First chapter typed by Caitlyn.