Status: Just Started...

No Current Name

Ebony

It's the last day of Freshman year. THis moment made me excited, and yet part of me didn't want to let go. I just hoped this summer was going to be better than last year.
Yearbook in hand, I walked down the hall, ignoring what was around me. As I was passing the German room I knocked into Clive.
Clive Hearse. My best guy friend, other than Virgil, since the second grade when the older boys pushed me off the slide and I cut my hand open.
He was the one who led me to the office in second grade; he tutored me for the first WKCE in the fifth grade; he showed me around the middle school on my first day of sixth grade; he picked up my homework the week I was majorly ill; and he was the one who I sat with the first day of highschool at lunch.
You could say I had a crush on him, and I did, but I kept it hidden for a very long time.
"What are you doing, Ebony?" Clive asked.
"Well I was trying to find Kapreica, but I ran into you instead." As I looked around I noticed the snowman earing in his ear. It was something he never took off. Ever since his 10th birthday when I gave it to him.
"Christmas is lame, Clive." I pointed out. That must have angered him because he glared at me, daggers were thrown in that look.
"What did you say?" He gasped. I smiled wickedly.
"Christmas... sucks. Halloween is way better."
"Liar!" Clive yelled back. "Everbody loves Christmas."
"Halloween is way better!" I shout. Suddenly Kapreica showed up. But I wasn't done fighting with Clive.
"Hey, what's up?" She asks. Something in her voice wasn't right.
"Christmas is still better than Halloween." Clive said before I could ask what was wrong.
"Halloween comes first." I then looked at Kapreica, there was something wrong. "What's wrong?"
"I don't know what you're talking about." She mumbles. I narrowed my eyes.
"Something..." But I dropped it. Something in her eyes made me stop. Instead I sighed and put my elbow on her shoulder. That must have made her remember what happened and she shook me off. I'd push her to tell me what was wrong later. Right now I had to finish my fight.
I look back at Clive just as the intercom goes off. "Kapreica Gilson come to the office. Kapreica Gilson"
Clive and I looked at each other, then at Preica. She never went to the office. Never! Why would she be going to the office now? On the last day of school, too.
"Hey Preica?!" I yell, waving my hand in her face.
"Come back to Earth." Clive added on. I elbowed him in the ribs just to let him know that I was in charge.
She nodded, turned around, and then walked off in the wrong direction.
"The office is the other way." Clive and I yell at the same time.
I shrug, we sign yearbooks, and walk away from each other. Me, being the odd one, couldn't stop smiling. In his yearbook I wrote 'Christmas sucks!' on mine he wrote 'Halloween sucks!'.
Just to let you know something about me, I'm weird. I have black hair, blue eyes, long legs, and I'm just a bit messed up in the head. My best friends all think of me differently.
To Kapreica I'm like a sister. We've always been there for each other. Nothing has seperated us, not even the most stupid fights.
Virgil is like my very annoying older brother. There were times when he'd come to my rescue. A time when he'd save me from all the bad things in this world.
Then there's Clive. God... Clive and I have gone through so much together. He isn't like a brother, maybe more like my savior.
I shrugged and went back to signing yearbooks. If there was anything I wanted to do it was to leave the High School right now.
Something didn't feel right. It felt like I was being followed, inan empty hallway. Turned out it wasn't really that quiet.
A group of six older boys, from the Senior class, that hated me were on my tail. 'Shoot!' I screamed in my head.
I'm dead.
That's when they started running. It was kill or be killed. I could either run for my life, or fight back.
Me, just being myself, decided to fight back. Except things didn't go as planned. To me, I thought they would just lock me in the men's room. No, they punched my arms, ribs, stomach, and face. Kicked my legs, making me fall, and then kicking my ribs and stomach.
Pain shot through my body. If somebody didn't show up soon I was going to be dead. In my head there was one thought going on in my head. 'Clive... what would he do if he found out?'
And I got my answer that moment as Clive turned the corner.
My eyes grew wide as he looked at the Seniors beating me to a bloody pulp. He eyes blazed, nostrils flared, and his body tensed.
"Clive, I'm fine. Just walk away." I hissed, trying to hide my pain.
"No! That's wrong. Leave her alone. What the hell did she do to you?" He yelled; he knelt beside me and picked me up. I struggled, not wanting to be weak, but he held tightly.
"She destroyed our motorcycles, burned our leather jackets, and got all our girlfriends to dump us because Mark dumped her." One said.
"Fu-" I started but stopped from the pain.
"I doubt she did that. But if she did, good." He starrred into my eyes. "You deserved it."
After a moment Clive carried me away. He held me bridal style until he got me to a empty room to clean me up.
"Sorry." I whispered.
"Why?"
"You saw me like this, and friends shouldn't see that. Plust what they said was true." I sighted, closing my eyes.
"They had a good reason to beat me up."
"Did not. Shouldn't of happened. But I'm glad you fought back when he hurt you." Clive sighed.
I glared at him, "you shouldn't have seen that and you should be disgusted with me. Why aren't you?"
"Because I'm not." Clive mumbled.
"Why?!" I yelled, and winced.
"Cause... I-" He begain.
"Why?!"
"Cause I'm-" He paused, stared into my eyes more.
"Tell me why you aren't disgusted, Clive." I whispered.
"I love you!" And he was suddenly kissing me.
That was a shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY FOR THE LATENESS!
I've been computerless for a while... BUT IT'S DONE! 8D
Thanks for being patient.