Sequel: Just Like His Father

It's Always a Fight Against Time

Life Taught You How To Fly And Then You Flew Away From Me

After discussing things with Ale, I decided to go with my mom, and so did he.

It wasn't long before 6 months had come and gone out the window.

I haven't seen Lucas in that time and only talked to him rarely...once in a blue moon really. All the others however, I talked too regularly. Yet they still came to see us constantly; sometimes I swear they live here instead of NYC. All the other times, when they weren't in Maine with Ale and I, they were all secretive. I don't know what they all were doing but they were up to something. It was only a matter of time before I would find out though...

Shimmy and I, were currently on alright terms.

He came up to Maine to live with us all. We discussed things, I threw things at him...you know the usual. After he explained things I forgave him but there was still the piece of me that couldn't forget what he had done to me in the past.

My mother's once boyfriend Jamie, was now her fiancée and he was actually really nice. I guess in the back of my mind I figured he was faking it, but he wasn't. He unlike my “father” was actually sincere and caring in a fatherly way. He showed that by how he acts with Savannah. Hell, even with my mother was treated well by him.

Jamie owned some kind of seafood market thing. Shimmy worked there, ensuring him being able to stay hidden while being able to make “rent” money for him and Kristopher to say. After Ale was all healed up and could work, he began working there as well but for him it was just more for the “fun.” He was able to take care of his “finances” and stuff like that; you know something that dealt with computers and stuff.

Ale was still dealing with Rain's death as we all were but he seemed to be taking it much better than I originally thought he would be, he still has his good and bad days.

As for me, I am healed up entirely. No injuries at all and honestly it was a little weird; for me, there really hasn't been much of a lapse of in between injuries before now. I would get hurt over and over again constantly, but I like this a lot more right now.

I'm 7 months and about 1 week pregnant, I've got the stomach to prove it as well even though I haven't gained much weight. From the front my mother is trying to convince me I don't look it but trust me, you can tell. Everyone can tell. Every day that goes by I get more anxious, more scared and more depressed that Lucas isn't talking to me.

I was also put on a form of “house arrest” while everyone was away at work or school too. It isn't fun at all, but oh well. Since I wasn't going to be in LA it was a settlement sort of thing. I got a new parole officer now, not just because of the whole new state thing either. Since I turned 18 I got one in the adult division thing or whatever instead of the juvenile one I had before. Her name is Miss Daniels and as much as I hate to admit it, she was one of my friends. I could talk to her about anything and everything, she's pregnant too so she knows exactly how I feel unlike everyone else who doesn’t have so much as a clue.

While I was at home during the days I was in charge of and took care of Kristopher. Man, I got close to that kid fast. He is so adorable, sweet and surprisingly easy to babysit for being in his “terrible two's”. He is like a lost little puppy dog, always following you around no matter what and never wanting to be alone. He's a huge help with doing dishes and laundry. (Yeah I know I said I never ever would again but luckily this is not a killer washing machine. I made sure of it before trying it out, trust me on that).

-

I woke up that morning at 9am with Kristopher jumping onto my bed and chest. He knew now not to go looking for Shimmy in the mornings because “daddy was at work” and he would see him at lunchtime. Sooooo he came in and attacked me in the mornings instead.

“Blairwe!” Yeah, Jimmy taught him that. I blinked and winced some at the sudden loud squealing noise.

“Where's daddy?” I mumbled to him, rubbing my eyes before moving some of the hair out of his own... he needs a haircut.

“Awork” He smiled hugely and then sat up onto his knees so he could stand. I sat up and held onto his hands as he jumped up and down on the mattress.

“At work? It's Sunday though.” I said and he stopped all motion, deep in thought.

“Is Suwwnday?” I nodded and saw his eyes widen. Now he gets it. Daddy is home...

“Let’s go get daddy, Kris” He squealed as I picked him up and stood up from the bed. I walked out and towards the room 2 doors down and across the hall. I opened the door quietly and seen Shimmy in one of the most awkwardest positions I have ever seen. After seeing the squirming child on his feet, Kristopher took off and I ran in towards the bed. Knowing he wouldn't be able to make it up onto this bed alone (unlike mine which was lower), I picked him up and let him drop straight onto his father’s back. Shimmy groaned before moving around and turning slowly onto his side. I went downstairs at hearing Kristopher’s squeals of laugher, shaking my head and laughing the whole way.

I was met with the smell of waffles and coffee (Ale's doing that much I know.)

“Mornin' babe” Ale walked over to me with a huge bowl cup of coffee, yeah I can’t give that up even though I was told it would be healthier for the baby and I, sorry couldn't. He wrapped an arm around my waist, kissed my cheek and handed me the cup all in one motion. Instantly I brought the cup to my mouth and took a sip. Ale (who seems to not understand the word NO) rubbed my stomach for the umpteenth time.

“Don't.” I slapped his arm and he chuckled at me, it never fails, every morning I swear. You would think by now he would get it through his apparently thick head. Ale’s cell phone rang and I used that opportunity to go and sit down at the table. I listened intently as Jinx talked to Ale, Ale didn't even say a word just gave me faces every now and then in annoyance.

“Dude, shut up!”Ale yelled but laughed at the same time. “Stand up.” He was looking at me, I looked at him weirdly. “Up!” He motioned with his hands.

“FINE!” I pouted and stood. Ale snapped a picture on his phone with my flipping him off and sent it to Jinx. Afterwards I sat down and ate the waffles on the plate now in front of me.

“He said he loves it, but next time not to flip him the bird... he likes the innocent looking you instead.”

“Tell him to screw himself...” I shrugged, and put a piece into my mouth. I laughed as Jinx apparently heard.

Smart ass!” I heard Jinx scream into Ale's ear making Ale glare at me, as I stuck my tongue out intended for Jinxy. Then Kristopher came running, almost slipping on the hardwood floors, into the kitchen. He stood up on a chair reaching for my plate of waffles. I took them even further away from his reach and he crawled up onto the table to get to them. Then he smiled all innocent-like when he stole them. Soon after Shimmy stole the plate from his son when he walked into the kitchen. Like father, like son I guess.

I kicked Shimmy in the shin and took the waffles away once again. He pouted as I gave one to Kristopher and kept the rest. Shimmy sat at the table, across from me, glaring daggers.

We had a staring match until I couldn't take it anymore, I laughed and broke it...I lost.

Surprisingly, about 30 seconds after that Jinxy's voice came thundering through the house. He walked in and flipped me off before man-hugging Ale.

“Why the f-u-c-k did you have to call and get a picture if you were coming in person?!” He shrugged as I rolled my eyes, in the meantime all the others filed in as well.

“Hey kiddies!” Jimmy screamed and Kristopher ran over to his buddy, his very...bad influential buddy who taught him to do stupid stuff. I watched Jimmy pick him up under the arms and spin him around and around so that his small body almost was parallel with the floor, his giggles and squeals filled the room.

“Hi guys.” I stood up and walked over to a waiting Matt to give him a hug. It was at that moment, when I looked over his shoulder, that things changed.

Lucas stood, hands in his pockets looking from up at me and down at his feet. He looked different… tired and withdrawn. His hair was a lot shorter than I remember it being but at the same time it was that much messier. His skin looked too pale for him and his tattoo’s brightly contrasted the white color more than usual. He looked like I felt...like shit, to be blunt. I let go of Matt and moved around him to walk up to Lucas. He looked at his feet but as I stopped he looked up. I threw my arms around his neck pulling him towards me as he wrapped his arms around my lower back bringing me as close as my stomach would allow for.

“I'm sorry.” he whispered into my hair near my ear, “I’m so fucking sorry Blaire.”

“I am too.” I smiled briefly before a sharp pain erupted throughout my body and I started to fall to the floor.