Sequel: Just Like His Father

It's Always a Fight Against Time

I Know They're Hiding Something

I grabbed my stuff as we left the house and went towards the car. It had been 2 weeks since Zaylie was born and I was leaving home. It wasn't anything against my parents and or Savannah, Lucas wanted to go back to LA and to be honest I missed the damn city so much, I needed to go back... So we were going now, instead of later on.

Lucas came into the bedroom last night, I was feeding Zaylie a bottle at that time, he laid down on the bed with a groan and said he had to go back. I wasn't staying alone here.

Everyone was coming with us... I heard their murmurings and whispers, the yells even from 2 floors below. Something was happening and no one was letting me in on the “plan” I hated it. What could be that secretive as to not tell me. I have all my friends and daughters father lying to me; it made me anxious and even hurt.

I wasn't used to being left out of the stuff like this...

It killed me inside.

No one looked me in the eyes that whole trip back (to LA). The house was quickly sold in New York City and left alone with it all the memories and problems that went along with it. After getting jobs out in LA the guys finally decided to take up the offers and move with us, so that's how that all came about. Zacky, Brian and Jimmy were all driving in a car with their stuff out to LA as all the rest of us flew in an airplane. My mother, soon-to-be step dad and Savannah all stayed back in Maine which was to be expected but Savannah was determined to come and visit all the time since we had gotten almost inseparable the past 2 weeks. Everything was changing, and changing fast.

The plane ride was...interesting. Having to kids under the age of 2 was a nightmare, neither seemed to enjoy the ride...neither did I. Try amusing two wide awake kids over the course of 24 hours worth of traveling... 1 being a baby who was not easily distracted by interesting looking objects either.

We all went back to Lucas' house since my apartment had been condemned, not that I didn't think it would be... I had so much on my mind I didn't even think about it really. My stuff was all in storage thank God but still, it was a pain.

“Aww she looks like you...” Alex cooed pinching my cheeks knowing I couldn't exactly do anything about it with holding Zaylie’s car seat/carrier thing in my arms. I looked at Lucas in a glare and he did the dirty work for me, he shoved Alex so he fell in his butt. “You're mean dude...you've been hangin' out with her WAY to long, fuckin' asshole.”

I crashed stomach down in a familiar bed not long after that, Zaylie laying in a pit of pillows to my left. She kept making cute little baby noises as I blindly feed her a bottle. After she was done I burped her and laid her sleeping body down. The last thing I heard before falling asleep myself was Kristopher yelling “Uncle fucking asshole!” and running down the hallway with someone’s feet pounding on the hardwood after him. That made me smile and laugh some but I quickly drifted off into a deepened sleep. I missed being able to lay on my stomach more than you know.

-

-Lucas's pov-

I peaked in on Blaire and Zay before I quietly closed the door and went back down the steps.

Jimmy was still chasing Jimmy around after calling him “uncle fucking asshole” (thanks to Alex) and wrecking havoc on the house. I honestly didn't even care as long as Zaylie or Blaire didn't wake up, I learned quickly they are two of a kind...don't you dare wake them up cause they will make your life a living hell (in different ways of course.) Zay, she was exactly like her mother in so many ways...stubborn as fuck being the main one, you piss her off in whatever way it might be and she will bawl and won’t sleep and go insane... I learned that adage with not giving her, her favorite bottle. She refused the pink one and would only drink from the purple one… explain that! It took me forever to figure it out. And it was only a few days later that I figured it out.

“So what here you saying earlier?” I sat down on my couch, sinking back into it with a huge sigh. Exhausted. I covered my face with my raised forearm.

Jimmy finally got Kristopher in his arms, knocking over and breaking some stuff on a table in the hallway in the process and swung him around in circles as they came towards us. Everyone was standing and or sitting in the living room/ den area of the house.

“I found Gronk...” Ale said, he was setting right beside me and was on his laptop. “Dickhead...” I heard him mumble underneath his breath afterward. “He's in Washington State, in a small little town... I got one of his buddies to tell me.”

“You believe him?” I asked briefly moving my arm and turning my head towards him; looking at the bunches of numbers and letters on the computers' screen, wondering what they were for.

“Yeah, we used to be pretty good friends. The guy was friends with Blaire too... After Gronk disappeared he did as well, haven't heard from him since- until this morning. Said he heard about what happened and wanted to help...” Ale looked up at me, in the eyes as he finished “He uh... he sorta had and may still...have... a thing for Blaire...” Great, just fucking great! I mean yeah, sure guys are going to like her cause she’s...her... but that isn't exactly comforting in the least.

“What now?” Brain asked leaning lazily on one of the couch’s back, looking down at the computer over Ale’s shoulder as well.

“We go get 'em.” Matt added. Just what I was thinking; a smirk was plastered on my face as we all looked towards one another.

“Well we can’t all go, Blaire will get suspicions and come looking for us. Someone needs to make sure she stays here and doesn't do anything stupid, meannninngggg she doesn't leave Zay here and disappear to the club for a few hours.” She wouldn't dare go, she just had a baby “You know she’s dying inside to go at it again Luc don't deny it... she’s a hard ass despite the whole emotional hormonal pregnancy thing. She’s done and slowly coming back to normal, has been since she woke up in the hospital...” Ale mumbled out.

He was right, Blaire was slowly but surely going “back to normal.” Not necessarily the sassy bitch that hated my guts again but she wasn't taking shit from anyone anymore. No more following doctor’s orders and taking it easy. She'll probably end up causing her own downfall... it scares me to think about it. But I wouldn't let her fight again, no fucking way; she is done and has been for a while now. The last time I fought was about a week ago at a small/tiny local club, I got smashed hard from being out of it. I can’t let her get hurt, she’s a mother now... I guess that's a little hypocritical though, I’ll still be fighting-

Dammit.

“You think I would be that stupid?” A voice came from around the corner; we all turned to see Blaire, yawning as she came towards us. “I'm a fighter, I WILL be fighting again sometime, but I mean come on.” She lifted her shirt to show the stitches and staples that were still there, the skin still bright red and healing “…I'm not a complete idiot.” She huffed before she came over and collapsed on the couch in between Matt and Shimmy, Kristopher on his lap. She continued staring at me all the while.

“So... are you going to tell me what you're keeping from me? And I also want to know something else… I want to know why you're all searching for Gronk...” She crossed her arms in front of her body and glared at each of us one by one as Kristopher crawled onto her lap and threw his arms around her neck. Luckily he didn't hurt her because I could only imagine how bad the stitches and her body in general hurt her; luckily his actions didn't faze her. “WELL?!” she hissed and I looked down at my hands in first of all guilt, second of fright... I didn't want her to know anything about it.