Sequel: Just Like His Father

It's Always a Fight Against Time

So One Day He Found Her Crying And Came To Save Her

(Overview)

Two completely different injuries, yet both as life threatening.

Two different hospitals on separate sides of the country.

Both are best friends and in somewhat the same predicament at the same exact time...

That definitely doesn't happen every day.

Especially not when neither have any clue about the other.

Because Zacky, his future wife and Johnny decided to go visit family… Matt, Jimmy, Brian, and Jinx are the only ones there at the house at the moment. These best friends are about to be torn between what to do...

They still have no clue about Blaire, or do they?

--

-Matt's Pov-

They were just in the room next to mine; all my friends. I don't like to be bothered just like any normal person in the early morning, so Jimmy called and told me. Honestly, I wished he had just came and told me about this whole mess in person, but well...he's Jimmy. Crazy in a great way yet does the weirdest things in a time of chaos and danger.

Just this time, there was an underlying issue pressing ever forward.

After jumping out of bed (as an initial reaction) and dressing in the process I ran out of the room; Jimmy was standing leaning on the wall in front of me, just standing quietly toying with his fingers in nervousness. That scared me; it really made the situation seem dire.

Brian was downstairs rushing around doing something, I wasn't and still am not sure of what. He was hung-over drunk and nothing he ever did in that condition made any sense, it usually was quite hilarious... he's a funny drunk... not now though.

“I didn't think you were in there...” Jimmy whispered solemnly, explaining why he had asked where I was. Although at that time I was behind my door and he had been standing right there 7 feet (maximum) away.

“I'm driving.” I had my keys in my hand. Jimmy and a newly seen Jinx followed me down from the upper floor “Brian, lets fucking go!” I yelled as he popped out from behind the wall mumbling something in a weird accented voice. I grabbed his shirt from behind and pushed him in the direction of the door, him stumbling slightly and laughing the whole time until we were outside with the car in front of us. Jimmy and or Jinx locked the doors, I hoped anyways, as we all piled into my midnight blue Dodge Ram.

“Jimmy, do you know what hospital?” I asked remembering I had absolutely no clue.

“Um.....” There was a long enormous pause, he didn't know...or remember. Jinx gave a random suggestion so I decided just to go to the hugest, most well known hospital in the area. Hoping they were there or that the people within the hospital could tell us where to go.

After we found out where they were, (at the hospital we went to originally) we figured we couldn't see them and/ or find out any information so we waited in the waiting room; trying mostly to keep Brain under control and not let him do anything too incredibly stupid. He already got a hold of gloves, a surgery cap… the whole shebang and played “doctor” while we weren't watching him like a hawk...

“Try to call Blaire from your phone, Matt. She still isn't fuckin' answerin'.” Jimmy mumbled over Brian's body that was in between us in a chair, on the verge of sliding forward and off the slippery plastic, actually. I got out my cell and discretely tried to call, hiding it from everyone as I brought it to my ear. Cell phones aren't supposed to be used in the hospital...but that doesn't mean that they don't work inside. Doctors just want to fucking threaten you...honestly I don’t give a shit about "rules" right about now.

It rang, and rang and rang before beeping busy.

“It’s busy...” I sighed bringing it away from my ear and putting it back in my pocket before it got confiscated and I got kicked out. I sighed once more watching Brian finally drop to the floor, a few little kids laughed at his weird position but he rolled around like an overweight animal trying to get back up onto its feet but getting nowhere.

-------------------------

-Lucas's Pov-

After I saw the blood on the phone it was like a bullet to the heart, literally. My heart felt like it burst into flames and all of my insides were combusting.

I ran back down the steps; phone in hand, back to the apartment. I have already tried the door-knob; it would open before so I knew it wasn't magically going to be unlocked now. I beat on the door and kicked it a few times before running back to the room with the old guy in it.

I am a bit intrigued with the way he managed to whip open the door as quickly as he did with the amount of locks on the inside and with how old he seemed to be, I mean com’mon how strong can an old man be?

“Do you know how to get in there?” I pointed to the door and didn't even let him ask what he probably was dying to: 'What the FUDGE do you want?' haha…fudge.

He looked at me weird but then saw the bloodied phone in my hand and let me in.

But NOT without eyeing me every step of the way, most likely making sure I wouldn’t steal anything from him or assault him somehow… As if. I got more important things to worry about and do right now, you know?!

“Take whatever... But I want it BACK you hear me punk!” I nodded but pushed towards the living room, looking for anything hard instead of making eye contact with the crazy old man. I settled quickly on this huge ass rock-thing he had setting as a decoration. It was heavy enough to break my back, so it would work with the door knob. “Here...” he handed me an ax too. Why the fuck did an old guy have an ax in LA? You know, that may be one thing I do not want to know...ever.

I hate doors, they are the worst fucking invention ever...well either that or door knobs, I suppose that without doors there would be no privacy so yeah, we'll go with door knobs and locks instead. They are the worst God Damned invention in the fucking world.

You know how many times I've been screwed by doors? They are my downfall...the one thing I can’t ever beat and it fucking sucks!

I hit the door knob with the huge rock and then used the ax in the joints, to attempt to break any other locks. I looked like a fucking fireman breaking down a door while yielding a 5 pound ax with enough power to split a solid piece of wood right down the middle.

The door slowly crept open with a final whack. I heard the wood split and splinted right before I dropped the rock with a ‘crashing’ sound and the ax with a ‘clunk’ type of sound to the hallway.

Grabbing the door carefully, I opened it enough to let myself in. The very first step I took I started to slip my legs going either way and making me almost literally ‘do’ a split. Thankfully I managed to catch myself on the frame before going completely down and injure my... eh’em.. You know.

Sighing in relief, I carefully brought my other foot in and maneuvering my body around the door before taking another step and shutting the door slightly after I got fully inside.

Blaire was just lying there...

On the floor,

Blood pooled and spread all around her,

And all over her.

I pretty much gagged at the sight in front of me, it was the most disgusting thing I had ever seen...

She was just...

And the baby...

Choking back a sob I brought a forearm to cover my mouth from the metallic smell I know would have otherwise made my puke as I dropped down onto my knees into the wet blood beside her. Not even caring about the mass amounts of blood soaking my knees, shoes and all the material in between, I dialed 911.

Usually ambulances are out of the question; when fighting and going to the ER all the time you could easily get caught by that simple, onetime 911 call but this is an emergency.

Waiting impatiently I reached out to her but jumped whenever she moved and started coughing...up more blood. Her head was facing me as the blood continued to leak in a small streak from her lips. I pushed back the hair and found her whispering my name amongst other random stuff and sobbing almost incoherently. I bent over her body and down towards her ear.

“Don't move baby.” I don't even know where the affection came from but I said it in such a way I never, ever heard myself show towards anyone before. All the prior girls in my life, the few that actually were “girlfriends” included.

I guess in a way they always expected that extra attention, women. You know, some are all over you…all the time. They want to hold hands at every moment, want you to coo in their ears constantly, ravish them with kisses in front of their parents and friends to put on a “show.”- Be all affectionate… all the time.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think any of these aspects to a relationship are bad things but since they wanted and told me constantly and even complained about not giving them what they wanted, I never gave into them. Way too touchy and demanding for me, all of them... That’s why I never really had anyone... Blaire is the opposite of that, she isn’t that normal girl. She wants to be held but not too long. She is cautious and stubborn and doesn’t want you near her the next minute. She doesn’t need a guy; she can take care of herself just fine. She doesn’t care about how people look at her, or how they see her… She’s just different.

“911, what is your emergency?” The operator broke me from my thoughts.

“I need an am-ambu-la-lance-ce.” My voice cracked, I couldn't say what was wrong with her. What happened to Blaire, it hurt too much to admit it out loud… too much to make it all the more real. I liked to at least keep the thoughts of this being a nightmare I would wake up from, in the fore of my mind instead of the deathly thoughts wanting to take over.

I sat there, my legs and feet folded underneath my body, my upper body lowered touching my legs and almost touching the crimson red floor. My head was mere inches away from hers while I whispered over and over again that 'everything would be okay' and ' I'm sorry' multiple different ways.

I wasn't even thinking about anything but her the whole time, my hand smoothing out the knots and running through the dry parts of her hair over and over. It was more of a reassuring thing to me instead of her, but it kept her thin strands of hair from dropping easily down to the wetness surround her and from covering her face.

It was one way to tell she was still with me.

The fact that her eyes never left my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe please