Status: Being Re-Written

The Pulchritudinously Hideous Exception

2

After the first week of classes, I somehow find myself at a college party full of people that I used to know, but they no longer recognize me. Five years away really did me some good I guess.

I sit under a tree in the front yard, cradling a beer in my hand as the house party rages on. I came here to hook up with someone, just let off some steam and have a little enjoyment. Knowing a majority of the guys here makes me want to turn around and leave, I never hook up with people that I've known or have the chance of seeing again. Of course, I have had the occasional one-night-stand where I have bumped into the other person afterwards. I just turned on my cold exterior and they left me alone.

I know there's no chance in hell of me getting anything tonight so I might as well just enjoy some free alcohol before I leave. I take a sip of my beer and breathe in the cool air. Someone sits next to me and I stiffen but don't look their way.

"So first you leave without a word and then you come back and you don't even say hi to me despite the fact that we have a class together?" I recognize his voice and mentally curse at myself for being so stupid and coming to this party.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say sternly continuing not to look at them.

They chuckle, "C'mon Grace. It's me Kenny! You and my sister Piper used to be good friends."

"Kenny," I turn and look at him, "Stop what you're doing. Get up and walk away from me right now."

He smiles his goofy grin that he's had since he was a kid. "It's good to see you."

"Stop." I say.

"Derek is here somewhere I'm sure he'd-"

"I want nothing to do with anyone here." I interrupt him, "Go away."

He frowns, "Piper would really want to see you."

"Geez did everyone just get stuck here and go to community college?" I ask bitterly.

"Not everyone, but a majority." he says in a matter-of-fact tone, "So tell me what have you been up to in the past what like 5 maybe 6 years? Where are you living now?"

"Kenny, go away." I mutter as I finish off my beer.

"Hey Piper! Derek! Come here!" He suddenly yells and I clench my teeth together. "Grace, they'd really like to see you! Just stay here I'll go grab them." He quickly scrambles to his feet and runs to God knows where.

As soon as he's gone I drop my empty bottle and get to my feet. There's no way I'm sticking around for this. I glance around to make sure Kenny isn't in sight before I start briskly walking away from the house and start the twenty minute walk to my small apartment. I really shouldn't have come to this stupid party.
♠ ♠ ♠
Idk.