The Chronicles Of Life And Death

Dyed Black Engagement Rings

(Gerard’s P.O.V)

Oh man. Straight after Welcome to the Black Parade and Famous Last Words, we’re going to be doing ‘I Don’t Love You’ as a video.

How the hell are we supposed to pull that off? I mean…the title of the song’s pretty much straightforward, ain’t it?

Crap. I’m just one big bundle of nerves sitting on a chair. If we don’t pull this off, I don’t even WANT to think about the consequences.

Being blonde just served its damn purpose, now I don’t even feel like myself. What with Kat showing up, I Don’t Love You required me to go all out.

Well…that’s what I believed. I sure-as-fuck didn’t LOVE her anymore.

“Mikey?” I called, poking my head into the tour bus. My brother needed to know about my latest decision.

“Yeah?” came the muffled sound of his voice, followed shortly by an ominous “thump-CRASH!”

“Dude, are you alright in there?”

“Sure,” the skinny male appeared at the doorway moments after. “Accident with the espresso machine.”

Okay. I had forcibly pushed my brother to get his hair dyed black. He’d grown used to it and all now, but what with the shit I was about to say…

“Uhm. Bro. I’m dying my hair back to black. Don’t ask.”

“YOU GOT ME TO DYE MY HAIR BLACK AND NOW YOU WANT TO DYE YOURS BACK?”

Personally, I really didn’t get what was his problem.

I sighed. “It’s for the new video, okay?”

“Why?”

“Maybe because I just didn’t feel like myself anymore with this funny hair color, okay? Come on, it’s only HAIR…”

“Do what you want.” My brother grunted before turning around and stomping back into the interior of the tour bus.

Seriously, what was his problem?

Mikey’s also been getting more and more jumpy lately, what was up with him?

Everyone’s going mental, yeah, that’s it.

Great. Now to get my hair dyed black.

= = = = = =

(Frank’s P.O.V)

I woke up on the wrong side of bed.

Plus, one look at Gerard convinced me that I had somehow become color-blind.

“Gee, what’s wrong with your hair?” I mumbled sleepily as I got myself a cup of coffee. Oh man. I shouldn’t have jumped around the whole stage like that days ago…my body was still suffering from the aftershock.

Painful, I’ll tell you that.

“Morning, Frank.”

I took a hesitant sip of the scalding hot caffeinated mud. “You haven’t answered my question.”

“I got my hair dyed black for the new video.”

“I Don’t Love You?” I raised an eyebrow. I never thought he’d be so serious to this extent.

“Yeah,” the male yawned, visibly tired. “Mikey’s not happy about it.”

“Why?”

Gerard shrugged, blinking his hazel eyes. “How would I know?”

I sighed. Either this was going to be cleared up by today, or the making of the new video was going down. “I’ll go find him and talk to the dude.”

With that, I wandered off to the bunk area. I had seen Mikey go in just seconds ago…

Wait, what was that noise?

I peeked in through a little gap in the doorway. Mikey was just pacing around, holding a cell phone to his ear and sounding really agitated.

“Look, Alicia…”

Alicia? Who was she?

“…I’ll tell them, okay?”

A pause.

“…Yeah, the engagement’s still on.”

WHAT!?

I stepped back from the door, shocked. If a fly flew into my mouth, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Mikey was ENGAGED?