Sequel: Dead Wrong
Status: Complete

Dead Silence

Chapter Tweleve

The darkness outside was begging to replace the soft blue skies as the evening turned to night. Jezebel looked over towards me and smiled.
"Don't you think that sunsets are romantic?"
"Yeah"
"Why don't we take a walk? The woods behind the house it leads to the absolute perfect place to watch it"
"Sure" I said take hold of his hand and following him out the rear door. He led me to a dirt pathway that lead inside the woods. The trees covered most the sky and the birds chirped. A soft breeze blew through the forest and blew Jezebel's hair back.
"We're almost there" he said looking ahead. We walked for what felt like ages. Sure almost there my ass. My phone buzzed. I pulled it out and glanced at the id. Jack? I felt the hurt flood back into my body.

"Where r u?" the text read. Why did he care? He hadn't returned any of my text and ignored me all day.

"Why do u care?" I typed before hitting send.
"R u with Jez?"
"Yea" the phone fell silent for a minute before it buzzed to life again.

"GET OUT!"
"WTF r u talking about?"
"HE'S NOT SAFE LILLY RUN!" My heart started pounding inside my chest. What was he talking about? The woods was really dark now.
"Where are we?" Jezebel didn't answer.
"OH MY GOD!" I screamed when I saw was lied ahead. Flies buzzed around the decomposing corpses of several people, all stacked on top of one another. There stomachs were gored out. And I couldn't feel anything from them. Their souls had been devoured. One stood out among the rest. The bloody woman that had jumped in front of my car laid on top with a petrified look engraved in her pale face. The scent made me feel sick. I looked behind me but Jezebel wasn't there.
"hahah it's time Lilly! You not only are going to die, you're going to fucking pay for touching my Jezebel!" the voice growled.

"JEZEBEL?" The phone was snatched out of my hand. I turned around to see Jezebel standing before me. The phone crumbled into a million pieces as his grip tightened around it.
"Stupid boy" His voice was no longer the one I was use to. It was scratchy and demonic.
"Wha-what?" He clenched his fist and his eyes closed. The snapped open no longer their normal color, this time but a red and orange one. Like fire. The porcelain skin on his back cracked like pottery and shattered. Reveling a set of huge black wings that were tattered and burnt. His pearly white teeth were now razor sharp. And his fingers resembled more like claws then human hands.
"Lilly, Lilly, Lilly, you should have listened to your best friend?"
"Jezebel what the hell are you?" I said to scared to even move.
"I'm a taker, I'm here take your soul"
"WHY?" I screamed falling to my knees. I want this to be a dream; I want this to go away.
"Because that was the deal"
"B-but I never made a d-deal"
'But your mother did"
"What?"
"Don't you remember?" he said cocking his head to the side and walking closer to my shaking body.
"Remember what?"
"When you were five? The night you died? You see you sick, very sick and your mother knew this, and every waking moment she lived in hell pray to god that you'd get better, but you never did. With all hope gone she just had to do it, but at last she couldn't bring herself to that was not until your heart stopped when she saw all those doctors desperately trying to save you she said it" he said chuckling.
"SHE SAID IT LILLY! She said I'd sell my soul to the devil himself to save him, when that happened Abaddon heard her desperate plea and made a deal"
"You see, Abaddon is my dealer he makes the deal and when it comes time to pay that's when I come"
"But why are you taking me?"
"Because your mother said that she'd give her soul to save yours, she had 11 years that's what her soul was worth to raise you and be with you then I'd come and take her soul to hell just like she agreed, and a few months ago when you turned 16 it was time to collect, I took human form and came, she didn't want to go though, maybe she thought she could escape it, I don't know but the thing is if some makes a deal and goes back on it we can take it back weather it's money, your life, fame and even her son"
"That's why Lilly she lives you die, she dies you live, in the end she just couldn't do it"
"NO!, NO NO NO NO I don't want to die!"
"That's to bad"
"You see we have to take someone and well that's you"
"BUT YOU LOVE ME!"
"No, I don't I love Abaddon I just to get you alone, to get away from him!" I felt my heart break.
"Sorry, games over Lilly" With a quick slash intense pain shot through my stomach. Blood gushed from three slash marks that went across my torso.
"LILLY!"
Jezebel growled when he saw Jack standing in the clearing. Jack ran over to my grabbing me and holding me in his arms. I gasped as the pain numbed my whole body.
"It's Lilly you're going to be ok"
"DAMN IT!" Jezebel cursed.
"You're not going to fuck it up this time bitch" Jack's body was trembling. His eyes closed tight.
"Jack?" His body emitted a yellow light as bright as the sun. A pair of white wings burst through his shirt. Jezebel's face was in shock and disbelief. That's when it really hit me. First what Jezebel was then what Jack was. A guardian angel.
"Touch him and I will end you"
"Shit" Jezebel muttered under his breath. In a flash Jezebel was gone leaving us alone in the clearing.
"Lilly we have to get out of here if we don't he'll catch us"
"Jack" he picked me up and ran me out to his car. He put me in the passenger seat and jumped in speeding off.
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?"
"I'm so fucking sorry Lilly I love you I really do, he made me feel that it wasn't me, he's a demon Lilly that's what I was trying to warn you about and that voice in you head that's his dealer, he won't stop this is what he does"
"Jack he said my mother"
"I know Lilly I'm so sorry baby, we're going to end this"
"What are we going to do?"
"There is a preacher that I read about not to far from here we've got to get to him, maybe he can help us"
"Jack I'm scared" I said crying. The blood was soaking through my shirt and I felt dizzy from blood lose.
"Jack I don't feel good"
"Hold on baby"
"Ahhhhh"
"Stay will me" I tried to focus my eyes. I felt myself slipping in and out. The car lurched to a stop pulling me out of my daze. An old gothic church stood in front of us. The moon shone through the two towers casting an ominous shadow over us. Jack slammed his door shut before running over to me and pulling me out. It was then that I realized as we were running to that church that all that time I wanted to die, that no I wanted to live. We were running for our very lives. I wanted to survive I wanted to come out of this.

"Father!" an old man dressed in a catholic robe stood by one of the old wooden pews reading a book by candle light. His face was drained off all color when he saw the blood on me. Could he not see Jack's wings?
"What in god's name has happened"
"Please father you must help us my friend he's been attacked by a demon we need help" he stepped back fearfully.
"What are you talking about?"
"There is a demon please he's going to kill us" The man held his rosary out in front of his body.
"All evil be gone, the light of the lord protects me"
"No, please you have to help us"
"I'm afraid I can't you must leave, LEAVE NOW!"
"NO PLEASE!" Jack begged.
"NO I-I can't help you please leave now"
"Fine, if you won't help us" he said before running out of the building leaving the shocked priest.
"Damn it!" Jack screamed getting back in the car.
"Jack how come he couldn't see your wings?"
"Only you can, and demon they're the only ones who can"
"Lilly we are getting out of here right now"
"Where?" The bleeding had subsided but the pain was becoming unbearable.
"I don't know but far away from here" He said speeding away from the church.
"We've got to run" The car speed down the heavily wooded road. Rain was pouring down now making it hard to see what lied ahead. Tears fell down his checks.
"I'm sorry Jack I'm sorry for getting you into all this"
"No, it's not your fault besides this is what I am, without you I'm nothing I love you more then anything else in the world baby I would die for you"
"No, Jack I want you to die, I want you to be with me forever"
"We will be baby" Suddenly something hit the car. Jack veered off the road and into the muddy dirt. The cars wheels spun but it won't move. Jezebel's body emerged from the rain and wild smirk on his face.
"We'll have to fight" Jack said.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you guys think of Jezebel now?