Sequel: Dead Wrong
Status: Complete

Dead Silence

Chapter Thirteen

Jack grinned at the rain covered figure. Jezebel's eyes glowed a bloody crimson. I hadn't realized until now that I could possibly lose not only my life but Jack's too. This wasn't suppose to happen like this. Why is my life so messed up? Why can't it be normal or even semi-normal?
"You're done here" Jack threaten. Jezebel only chuckled in response.
"Lilly are you really going to sit there and watch your best friend die?"
"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Jack demanded.

A cloud of murky black smoke formed around Jezebel's feet. He lurched forward up in the air then came down hard on Jack. He fell under the pressure and fought back. Jezebel was right was I really was going to sit here and watch Jack die.
"AHHHHHH" Jack screamed in sheer pain as Jezebel's razor sharp nails sliced through his skin. He fell from the sky and right before he hit the ground his eyes darted towards me.
"I LOVE YOU JACK" With those words he let out a pained screamed and went after Jezebel. This time he gained the upper hand. Jack's hand glowed the same yellow as before and he wrapped it around Jezebel's throat. Smoke came from it and Jezebel screamed in pain as the light burned his skin.

His long finger nails again dug into Jack's side scraping them down drawing blood. The only thing I could do was sit there. That's all I ever did was sit there, sit there and watch the world around me fall apart, to scared to do anything about it. Like a coward.

Jack punched Jezebel hard in the jaw. Black blood dripped from his mouth. Before Jack could hit him for a second time Jezebel sunk his sharp teeth into Jack's neckline. Jack's body went limp and Jezebel was now over top of him with his hand raised up in the air ready to deliver the death blow. This was it. I was going to see him die, the die myself. No, no more am I going to sit here and watch. I looked around me and found what I was looking for. A long shard of tree bark in a pile of leaves. I grasped the object in my hand and took a deep breath. Jack gasped for air. This was it. Before I knew what I was doing I plunged the stake into Jezebel's back.
"Ahhhhh" he gasped before falling over. Black blood covered him, and the pointed end of the wooden stake protruded out from where his heart was.
"Remember Lilly, once damned to hell you can't go back, hell is waiting for you" he said with his final breath.
His eyes rolled back before his body cracked and then shattered, before bursting into flames and becoming nothing.
"Ahhhhh" Jack moaned.
"JACK!" I ran over to him and threw my arms around him.
"NO, Jack please don't die, I need you please" I sobbed holding him in my arms. His eyes fluttered open, and his wounds fused shut. All bleeding stopped.
"Jack?"
"Lilly?" his weak voice said.
"JACK you're ok!"
"Lilly, you did it, we're safe" the tears ran down my cheeks.
"We're not are we?" He asked. I shoke my head.
"Lilly, I'm sorry I should have told you this before but, if you kill a demon then you must take their place once you die, we can't be here anymore we have to get out of here"
"Wait, JACK MY MUM!"
"Oh shit get in the car" We ran over to the car that was still stuck in the mud. After a few tries the car speed out of the ditch. Jack raced towards my house.
"Jack what if something happened to her, remember what Jezebel said it's my soul or hers"
"Don't say that Lilly she'll be fine we killed Jezebel remember?"
"But what if we were to late"
"The voice do you still hear the voice?"
"N-no"
"Damn"
"Why?"
"If their still was a price to pay then he'd still be here"
"Does that mean that… Jack NO!" I couldn't think of it that way. We pulled up to my house. The door was open. I ran out but before I could reach the door Jack's arms were around me.
"No, baby let me go in first" he said. I could smell the metallic smell of blood in the air. Jack looked inside and then stepped in. I followed him.
"Oh god"
"What?"
"Lilly you don't want to see this, get back in the car"
"JACK, WHAT?" I screamed pushing past him.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO" I screamed falling to my knees. For what laid in front of me was my worst nightmare come true. My mother's body lay motionless in the middle of the living room floor. Her guts strung about and her soul gone. Blood covered the walls. And in the middle of it all above the couch were the words THE PRICE WE PAY writing in her blood.
"Lilly?"
"I'm goanna be sick" I said running outside before puking my guts up.
"Baby I'm sorry" Jack said putting a hand on my back.
"Why, why, why, why, why Jack why did she have to die?"
"Lilly it's not your fault it was the deal she made"
"I know but my mother"
'I know baby, look I know you're hurt but we have to get out of here we can't stay around here"
"I know"
"Stay here, I'm going to go pack your things and then we're leaving"
"Ok" I mouthed watching him go back into the house of horrors. Why did it have to end this way? My mother dead. Where were Jack and I supposed to go? Who do we have left? What about Jack's parents? Was he really willing to give up his life for me? I couldn't even cry anymore. My whole body went numb and began to shake. How in one day could I have lost so much? I remember this morning when everything was kind of normal. I had no way of knowing the impending doom the day would bring. I had lost my who I thought was my boyfriend, my mother, my whole life as I'd known it, and almost love Jack.

Have you ever had a day when so much shit went wrong that you thought that nothing else could possibly be worse? What would you have done if it did? How much can you endure before you are pushed over the edge? How far can you go before you can no longer go back? And how far would you want to go before you didn't want to go any further. I have.

Jack emerged from the house, with a few bags.
"Get in the car"
"Jack where are we going to go?"
"I don't' know, but we're going to drive until we find something" I didn't feel like arguing with him. The fight was completely gone. I was exhausted. Jack put the bags in the trunk. I just stood by the car unable to really move. Not really wanting to either.

Jack walked over to me. He took my shaking hands in his.
"I love you" he said before kissing me. I'd missed his so much. His kiss was so loving. I'd almost forgotten what love felt like. He was the only thing I had left and the only person who could save me.
"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you" he repeated over and over again.
"I love you too" I whispered back. He opened the car door and I got in. He ran over to the driver's side and started the car. He reached in the back and handed me a pillow.
"Baby, please get some sleep you look like you're going to pass out" I put my head on the pillow and watched the scenery go by as we drove through the streets. As we turned out of my neighborhood I could hear the police sirens speeding towards my house.
"Good bye mother" I mouthed. Jack keep driving though.