Sequel: Dead Wrong
Status: Complete

Dead Silence

Chapter Fourteen

We had no idea where we were at or where we were going. We'd been driver for about seven hours now. Jack's eyes hadn't left the road, and I'm not even sure if he had blinked once the whole trip.
"Are you hungry?" he said finally, coming out of his coma like state.
"No" I said quietly.
"I am do you mind if we stop somewhere to eat something"
"I don't care" I said. The rain was still pouring down and lightning lite up the night's sky. Jack pulled into a parking lot. There hadn't been any sign of life for miles. In neon lights were the words Lucy's Old Diner. The parking lot was empty except for the lone car of an employ. He stopped the car and got out. The building was old. It resembled more of a wooden shake with huge windows then a diner.

The old rusted door opened with a creek, and you could hear the hum of the neon lights. Inside the walls were yellowed from many years of smoke and water damage. The bar was sticky with surp and who knows what else. The old leather seats were falling apart and the whole room smelled like an old lady's house. One waitress was all that this beaten down place had to offer. She wore the traditional diner outfit. Complete with a petal pink apron with various stains and a matching hat. Her long brown hair was tied back in a bun and she had a name tag on the dress that read Jamie.
"How you doing tonight" she spoke with a heavy accent.
"Fine" Jack said not making eye contact.
"Sit anywhere you please" she instructed. I followed Jack to the back of the small building and sat down in a booth. Jamie walked over to us and handed us booth tattered menus.
"Just holler when you're ready" she said before walking back up to the counter. Jack studied the menu for a few minutes.
"Do you want anything?"
"I'm not hungry"
"Okay"
"Waiter I think we're ready" Jack called. Her marry Jane heels clicked as she strolled over.
"And what will it be?"
"Uh, pancakes, with sausage and a hot tea" Jack said handing her the menu. She wrote it down before walking back to the kitchen.
"Are you ok Lilly?"
"Yeah" I said not looking at him. He seemed to sense that I wasn't in a talkative mood. I could tell that though he put up a tough front (why I don't know) that he was scared. I could feel it in my bones, Jack was scared he didn't want to show it but he was. Neither of us knew where we were going or really even what the hell just happened. Still in a state of shock.

Jamie came back with a steaming plate and set it down in front of Jack.
"Anything else?"
"No that'll do for now" he said picking up a fork and tearing off a piece of pancake before blowing on the hot substance and eating it. We sat in silence, with only the inner monologue of our own minds. And the waiter who for despite it being 3 am seemed to be quite happy. I watched the rain fall out the window.
"Let's go" Jack said putting down his fork and wiping off his mouth. We got up and walked to the front. Jack shelled out the bill and then walked back out into the rain. The car turned on and we began to drive once again.
"Jack where are we going?"
"I don't know, but my great great grandfather lived somewhere around here I'm just not sure where"
"How long are we going to drive?"
"I don't' know"
"We don't have money to stay anywhere"
"I know" As we were passing down the ominous looking road we came upon a sign that said Baker's Mill. Jack turned on to the road, tree branches hit the window shield the result of many years of neglect.
"What are we doing here?"
"There it is the old Baker's Mill this is the place I was talking about that use to belong to my great great grandfather I'd almost forgotten about this place until I saw the sign"
"Does anyone live here?"
"Not for about 50 years they haven't, after he died in 1960 no one came back for a while"
"So what are we doing here"
"This is where we're going to stay"
"HERE? Is it even safe"
"This place has been through more then any other building I've ever seen, besides it's out of the way and it doesn't cost anything, besides with a few touch ups and cleaning it should be just like home"
"I guess" We pulled up in the gravel drive way and Jack stopped the car. He got out and walked up to the door. The old wooden steps were decomposing and creaked, threatening to break with every step. Jack took something out of his pocket and began to pick the lock. He was able to break the rusted lock in no time and the door swung open. The place smelled like death. It was musty and most likely invested with spiders and rodents.
"Follow me" he said picking up a flash light and turned it on. The foyer's wall paper was pealing and faded. Old wooden stairs lead up to the second floor. On the right was a study room with furniture that had dust covers on it.
"Lucky when he did pass we covered everything with dust covers so the furniture should be ok" he said. The kitchen was semi-clean for 50 years of not being cleaned.
"There's a well out back the city keeps it up to code, so it should be fine"
"Yeah"

The living room had an old couch and TV set that looked like it came out of the 40's. Jack lead me upstairs. There was a bathroom, that of which most likely did not work and two bed rooms. One was the master which had a huge queen bed with dusty sheets.
"I'm pretty sure there are sheets in that cabinet" Jack said. I walked over and opened it. Sure enough their were sheets and surprisingly not dusty and didn't smell at all. Jack took them and put them on the bed.
"There good as new" he said putting the dusty ones over to the side.
"The door's been closed so I doubt that anything's been able to get up here" he said smoothing the sheets out.
"Yeah" Jack sat down on the bed before laying back.
"Come on I know you're tired"
"What are you going to do about money?"
"I'm sure I can do odd jobs around here and if not I can work at the diner"
"Yeah, I guess" I said sitting down next to him.
"Jack"
"Yeah"
"I wanted you to be my first I really did"
"Believe me I wanted to be your first too"
"It hurts me that he could say he loved me, god I'm so stupid for believing that bull shit" I said, tears falling down my face.
"You're not stupid Lilly"
"Yes I am Jack"
"Lilly I love you more then anything in the world do you don't know what I would go though to make you happy, to see you smile again"
"I don't think I can ever smile again"
"Then I wouldn't rest until you do" he said facing me. He stroked my hair back out of my face. His touch felt so good.
"Jack can I ask you something?"
"Sure"
"Fix me"
"What?"
"Fix me" I repeated myself.
"Okay, but I don't know how I can really do anything to night"
"No, I don't' wanna feel like this anymore, I want to be loved I want to feel it in every fiber of my body, I want it to just be the two of us together tonight" His eyes widened.

"Are you sure, you must be so tired"
"I don't care, I want you" I said.
"I want you too" Jack said smiling.
"Then take me"
"I love you" he said before crashing out lips together. His hands were shaking and so were mine. Clothes became piles on the floor and bodies became wrapped together. In that moment I felt loved. The pain was proof I was alive, the pleasure proof that I'd survived. That we both had. I held on to him.
"I love you" he finally said.
"I love you too" I said. His arms around me under the sheets. Everything felts so right. We both lied there in dead silence.

In this strange twisted hell of a life, things were perfect. What I didn't know was that although we may have thought we had won the battle had just begun. A battle that started with a deal, was still raging on. I should have know happiness could never last.

Dead Silence book one –End-

Stick around for book 2 Dead Wrong and Jezebel's story
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's book one. But don't worry die hards book two is coming soon. And by soon I mean within a few days. In book two (Dead Wrong) Lilly and Jack are just getting use to their new life in their new home. But Lilly is falling apart and Jack thinks that he is almost gone until a scared little boy shows up and a whole new set of challenges begin. So get ready because everything you thought was true is DEAD WRONG.