Sequel: Dead Wrong
Status: Complete

Dead Silence

Jezebel's Story

Author's note: This is the story of how Jezebel became a demon. It starts 300 years ago in Germany. And stars Jezebel as a 5 year old little boy, faced with the demise of his whole family and the start of a world beyond his most horrid nightmare. Shall we begin?

The year is 1710.
The date December 10th

"Jezebel go fetch a pale of water from the well" My mother instructed me.
"Yes ma'am" I answered grabbing the bucket from the step and running over to the town's well. Poverty was very much a factor in our small and humble lives. My father the town's black smith his business was suffering greatly. My parents worked day in and day out to put food on the table for myself and my three elder brothers and younger sister.

I returned to my house with a full pale of water to the sounds of my parents fighting. Why hadn't my father left for work by now.
"What are we suppose to do now?"
"How should I know, how do you think I feel?" he shouted back at her.
"Jeremiah what about the children?"
"Lucile I'd do anything to save us don't you see that. Later that day I found out that my father's business had indeed gone under and now we were left without any income.

The following days were hard sometimes the only meal being dinner and that was only some berries and maybe bread if we were lucky. At night my little sister would cry in pain, the hunger becoming unbearable.

By the second week, their was nothing. Famine. I was barley able to move, and resembled a dead man. My father hadn't spoken at all and my mother had already collapsed a few times.

One the second day of the second week tragedy struck. My little sister died at the young age of 18 months. My mother broke down and refused to come out of her room. That's when I heard my father say it.
"I'd give my soul to the devil himself if he'd just spare my family" The next part I can't remember well, and I'm not even sure it happened. But a dark figure appeared. He had long blond hair that went down to his ankles. I watched from a crack in the door. His voice was low and scratchy.
"So you'd give your soul to save your family"
"Who are you?"
"I'm a dealer, I'm here to make a deal with you just like you asked, you see I will grant you all the money you can possibly need if in return 10 years from now, you abandon your family and come and sever in hell"
"OR, you could not make the deal and watch each and everyone of your family members starve to death"
"I-I'll make the deal" he said lowering his head.
"Very well but remember in 10 years I will be back" the blond haired demon said before laughing and disappearing.

The next day a wealthy man came by and offered to hire my father. From then on we lived in the lap of luxury. Without a worry in the world. We never worried about money or food. And ate only the best for all three meals.

For ten years that was everything was great. Until one night there was a knock on the door. Our butler answered it and immediately froze and fell to the ground. For in the door frame stood a man with white hair in a long braid. His eyes glowed red and his teeth were sharp.
"It's time" My father came down the stairs followed by my mother and three brothers.
"NO"
"Come on it's time to pay your price"
"What is he talking about?" My mother asked.
"I-it's nothing dear"
"Oh, he didn't tell you, did he? That he made a deal, 10 years of wealth for his soul?"
"Is this true"
"Y-yes it is, but I'm not going!"
"Oh but you are!" the man shouted. My mother ran up to him.
"You're not taking my husband!" With a single move. My mother's heart was in his hand. My three brother's shoke in horror. The man laughed and shot three spears at them. Killing them all. My father was in shock and then tried to run but before he could the man appeared in front of him and a white light emitted from his mouth and then he dropped.
"Please mister I don't mean any harm" I said backing up into the kitchen. He ran after me. I grabbed a knife from the sink and held it behind my back. The man approached me. He lifted his and before I knew what was happening. I shoved the knife through his heart. He stumbled back and turned to ash. What the hell just happened?

A few weeks went by and I found myself living in the woods. No one was looking for me. No one seemed to even know we existed. I got terrible sick a few days later and within a few hours died.

That's when it all began. Because I had killed that demon I must now serve as the dealer. It's been 290 years as a demon, and I slowly lost my humanity. I bonded with my dealer and lived my sentence. Then I got the call that changed everything when a young mother made a deal with my taker for her son's life.