Sequel: Dead Wrong
Status: Complete

Dead Silence

Chapter Seven

The same basic guide lines littered almost all the books on demons and angels, with little differing. Jack managed to find some more on demons seeing how there was so much. But it is hard to decipher the facts form the lies. Now I don't believe in this shit I but something about it sounded weird what if there really was so demon walking around among us a killing innocent people. The thought disgusted me. I felt my heart race as the thoughts went through my head.
"Lilly are you ok, you look a little pale?"
"Ummm I just feel kinda weird"
"Ok do you need to get some fresh air?"
"No I'll be fine" he put his arm around me.
"Yeah you're just a little freaked out that's all, you know none of this is real right?"
"Yeah of course, I must still be feeling bad from last night" The pain was getting pretty bad.
"Yeah, it hurts a lot doesn't it"
"Yeah" I said laying my head down on the table.
"Are you sure you're ok?" the voice from the pervious night whispered in my head.
"Leave me alone" I begged under my breath.
"Huh?" Jack asked.
"No one can help you Lilly"
"Shut up!"
"Lilly are you ok?" It was getting harder to breath; I started coughing from the lack of air in my lungs.
"Jackā€¦." I said grabbing onto his shirt.
"Hey Lilly man, you ok?"
"I-I don't know I can't breathe"
"Ok just calm down"
"You worthless piece of shit"
"God, leave me alone" I begged.
"Lilly who are you talking to?"
"I-I don't know there's been another sprit evading me since last night"
"He can't hurt you"
"Jack"
"Shh, I'm right here"
"Jack I don't feel good"
"Ok, do you want to go sit in the bathroom?"
"I can't walk"
"Do you want me to carry you?"
"No, I-I'm fine" I didn't feel the presents anymore. Jack's warm arms seemed to always calm me down.
"Shhh baby, its ok" he said holding me tight. I straightened up and let out a deep breath.
"You ok now?"
"Yeah I think so"
"Your eye liner is running a little" he said licking his finger before rubbing my cheek.
"Oh, thanks" I said pulling out my mirror and fixing it. I looked at the time on my phone. It was almost time to go to our next class. I didn't want Jack to leave me. I wanted to have him here with me forever. So he could hold me in his arms.
"Lilly everything is going to be ok" he said holding my face in his hands. I looked into his eyes. They were beautiful, but I could see the pain in them, the same pain I felt emitting from his heart. His pale lips were parted and I could feel his hot moist breath on mine, being that our lips were only inches apart. No, this wasn't right I was with Jezebel. This wouldn't be fair to him.
"Lilly" he said before closing the gap between us. His lips touched mine. This time nether of us were drunk or high. I could feel the want behind his kiss and the love. It was different from when I kissed Jezebel.
"LILLY!" a familiar voice yelled my name. The librarians looked up as well, giving the shush sign. Jezebel. Oh shit. Jack growled keeping his arms tight around me. Jezebel ran over to us, grabbing my arm.
"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"
"Jezebel I-I'm sorry I"
"Shut up slut" at hearing this Jack stood up.
"Jezebel leave now, before you force me to kill you"
"Ha you kill me, if anything I should be killing you right now, for getting anywhere near what's mine"
"Yours? You don't own him"
"If you value your life you'll stay away from him got it" he said before yanking my arm making me follow him. He pulled me into the bathroom.
"Jezebel I'm sorry I" SLAP. His stone hard hand hit my jaw. Making me fall to the ground. I tasted blood.
"I don't like hurting you Lilly, honey so don't make me" I was still gasping from the pain that was in my jaw.
"Come on get up, I didn't hit you that hard" he said holding out his hand. I grabbed it and he brought me into a hug.
"Sorry I lost my temper baby I love you" he whisper into my ear. I didn't feel like he meant it though. I cried into his shoulder. The sad part is I still loved him back. Even if he didn't mean it I wanted him to. It's in this way that I'm like every other ignorant teenager. I'd always run back to my abuser for the false hope that something would be different.
"I love you too" I choked out between sobs. The bell rang and kids poured into the halls. Jezebel leaned down kissing me. The bleeding had stopped and I could still move my jaw so it wasn't broken. Just hurt like hell. It was probably bruise, and I couldn't let Jack or my mom see it. That would just push them over the end.
"Jezebel, please don't hurt Jack"
"If you don't want me to then I won't"
"Ok" I said before letting him walk off. I looked it the mirror at myself and cleaned the blood from my lip. I winced as I applied pressure. Ow. I've got to get to class before some one comes looking for me. I pulled the hood of my sweat shirt up over my head and walked down the emptying hall ways to my next class which had to be math or course. I got in right before the final bell rang. I felt like everyone was staring at me. I went and sat in the back and put my head down on my desk.
"Alright class please pull out your homework from last night" Shit. I didn't do that. She walked around with her clip board of doom checking each of the students with an x or check.
"Lilly sit up, and where is your homework"
"I didn't do it"
"Why not do you think this class is a joke?"
"I wasn't feeling well last night"
"That doesn't mean you can't do your homework"
"I know"
"Go stand out in the hall" she said in a stern voice. I got up and walked out the door her high heels clacking behind me. She closed the door and turned to face me. I pulled my sleeve over my hands and wiped my eyes.
"Lilly, this is the third week in a row that you haven't had your homework"
"I'm sorry" I said sniffing.
"Are you feeling ok?"
"No"
"Do you want to call home?"
"No I'll be fine"
"Ok well I need you to give your mother this letter, you're failing my class"
"Crap" I said grabbing the letter.
"If there is something going on I need to know so that I can help you with your work"
"No, there's nothing"
"Ok, well go sit down inside and please pay attention"
"Ok" I said walking in and sitting back down. I don't really care if I'm failing. Just my mum. She started talking again about some shit having to do with calculus. I wasn't feeling good again; the place where Jezebel hit me was hurting really badly. She didn't call on my but every few minutes would look over in my direction. Finally the bell rang and I got up and left. I want Jack. I want his arms around me. It was lunch time so hopefully Jezebel didn't go back on his promise and I would see Jack again. I walked into the lunch room and sat down at our usual table. I felt like I was goanna cry again. I covered my eyes willing myself to keep it together. I felt a hand on my back. I jerked up hoping to see Jack's smiling face. Instead Jezebel was standing there.
"You ok?"
"Where's Jack"
"Over there" he said pointing to a table across the room. Jack was sitting there with some other guys.
"Oh, I guess he's still mad at me"
"Yeah maybe" Jezebel said sitting down. I rested my head on Jezebel's shoulder and he put one of his arms around me. I started crying into his shoulder.
"Lilly sit up, everyone is staring"
"I don't care, I just want to die"
"Lilly, you're not listening again"
"Jezebel"
"Ahhhhh" I said grabbing my stomach in pain.
"ha-ha now what are you going to do? You're little friend isn't here to save you now"
"Nope you're all mine" the voice said in my head again.
"Go away" I whispered under my breath.
"What are you talking about Lilly?"
"You wouldn't want everyone to think you're crazy would you?"
"Shut up"
"Stupid boy don't you understand that you are my puppet I control everything about you"
"No you don't
"Oh but I do I-" the voice suddenly cut off and the feeling dissipated. I opened my eyes to see Jack standing there eyes set on Jezebel.
"Jack!" I yelled wrapping my arms around him. Before I could run into his arms Jezebel's hand were around me. He pulled my chin up to his face kissing me.
"Jezebel"
"Jack"
"What are you doing can't you see Lilly needs someone"
"Well how am I suppose to fix something that I don't know what it is"
"That's because maybe you're the one causing it"
"What do you mean I've said nothing to him"
"That's not what I meant how dare you play with an empathy like this, don't you know that can cause them pain"
"Ha what do you know"
"I don't a lot about him, more then you do"
"I highly doubt that"
"run, run Lilly!" the girl's voice warned my in my head.
"STOP!" I yelled at both of them.
"Stop it ok, you're my boyfriend and you are my best friend so stop fighting"
"I'm sorry baby I didn't mean to hurt you" Jezebel said holding me closer. I buried my head into his chest. His arms wrapped around me. " the girl's voice warned my in my head.
"STOP!" I yelled at both of them.
"Stop it ok, you're my boyfriend and you are my best friend so stop fighting"
"I'm sorry baby I didn't mean to hurt you" Jezebel said holding me closer. I buried my head into his chest. His arms wrapped around me. I put my arms around his chest. Jack fumed inside.
"Lilly call me" he said before walking away. Jezebel held me in his arms smoothing my hair down.
"Shhh Lilly it's ok" he whispered in my ear. His lips met mine as he silenced my cries. Kids started to get up and throw away their trash. Jezebel stood up and held my hand as we walked out of the lunch room. School ended and I walked out to my car. Waiting there by it was Jack. He had a cigarette in his mouth.
"Jack?"
"Lilly, come on get in the car"
"What are you doing?"
"You are going to stay over at my house tonight, don't try to argue with me"
"Oh ok" he handed me the cig and I took a drag off it.
"Can you drive Jack my head hurts"
"Sure" he said taking my keys and getting in the driver's seat.
"Why are you doing this?"
"Because I'm worried about you and I want to make sure that he can't get to you"
"He's not, he loves me"
"NO he doesn't Lilly that's where you're wrong you want him to love you but he doesn't he's just using you god, why don't you see that, he's not right, for god's sake he hit you!"
"I made him mad"
"Lilly do you hear yourself? You did nothing wrong he did ok"
"Jack do you hate me?" We pulled up into his drive way.
"I. could. Never. Hate. You" he said before pulling me into his arms and kissing me with such passion that I thought I was dreaming. I let myself go limp in his arms.
"I love you Jack" I said. This time he didn't protest what I said he smiled.
"I love you to" Those words filled my brain. What I was doing was wrong, I was with Jezebel. I didn't want my first time to be with Jezebel I wanted it to be with Jack. Maybe then my life wouldn't be so fucked up. Then again Jack would probably hate me then. I started crying.
"What's wrong Lilly?"
"I didn't want my first time to be with him I wanted it to be with you"
"Oh Lilly, you don't know how happy that makes me"
"Please hate me Jack, I've hurt you so much"
"Oh baby please don't say that"
"But I"
"Shhh" he said bringing his finger to my lips.
"Now come on inside my parents will be home later tonight"
"I should probably call my mum too"
"Yeah, you can use the phone when we get in" I walked into Jack's house feeling safer the deeper in I got. I picked up the phone and dialed my number. After a few rings my mum picked up the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey mum it's me hey since it's Friday can I stay over at Jack's house tonight?"
"Well honey are you sure, you weren't feeling good last night"
"Yeah I'm fine now, besides we are going to work on our projects anyways"
"Alright, I love you honey"
"I love you to mum" I said before hanging up.

Jack came over and put his hand on my shoulder.
"Lilly why don't we start on our projects"
"Ok" I said smiling and following him into his room. Jack went over to his desk and pulled a few books and sat down on the floor with me.
"I was looking in them last night and you know that I was thinking about what you said and it is a little weird how some of the things we read matched up with some of this shit that's been going on"
"Jack I need to tell you something"
"Sure what?"
"This new voice I think it's a demon"
"What?"
"I know, I know they're not real but I've never experienced something like this before and I mean it's torturing me so much and it makes me feel sick and it, it just"
"Lilly demons are not real ok, this is probably just some angry ghost that's playing with you that's all"
"Jack please I need some one to believe me"
"I don't think that's the person you need to be worrying about"
"What do you mean"
"Some one who's dead can't hurt you but Jezebel can, if anyone's a demon it's him"
"Jezebel's not a demon, he's just different"
"Lilly you can't honestly ignore all the signs, but then again this is all fake anyways"
"I know you don't like him but I do and I want you to try to get along"
"I know but he hurt you Lilly I can't let him do that"
"I know that you want to protect me but I'll be fine"
"Lilly I'm sorry I mean I'll be nicer but I still think he's bad news"
"Ok" I said picking up the book and flipping through the demons. Some of them looked like humans but most just looked like things from a horror movie. But then again they were just drawings. The more I read into the book the fainter I felt. My head was hurting and I felt ill.
"What you think that I won't follow you, you can't escape me I'm everywhere I'm everything around you I control your life" I shoke my head and tried to get the voice out of my head.
"Come on where are you doing to run, try and hide I'll find you, try and run I'll catch you"
"Lilly you ok?" Jack said scooting towards me.
"I'm goanna be sick" I said covering my mouth before dashing to the bathroom. The faint feeling was increasing. I got into the bathroom and sat down next to the floor, trying to even my breath out.
"Lilly remember what I said I'll find you I'll catch you I own you"
"Do you feel me Lilly?" It felt like I was kicked in the gut and my stomach lurched forward. I leaned over the toilet getting violently ill. I hadn't even eaten today. A cool hand was pressed against my bad under my sweat shirt. The other held my black hair back. He dapped my forehead with a cool wash cloth and cleaned the sides of my mouth.
"Lilly I believe you" he said. I could feel the fear in him.
"But it's going to be ok Lilly, this thing will pass"
"I think it's scared of you"
"Me?"
"Yeah whenever you're holding me it goes away"
"Then I'll just have to keep holding you" he said pulling me into his lap. My stomach was still a little uneasy from getting sick but was starting to calm down a bit.
"You're burning up why don't you take off your sweat shirt"