Sequel: Dead Wrong
Status: Complete

Dead Silence

Chapter Eight

Jack sat down next to me and played with my hair. He loved to do that, he'd brush it and tease it. My hair hand gotten longer since last year. It now completely covered my left eye and came down to the end of my shoulder blades and in the front mid way down my rib cage. I liked my hair long it let me hid away from other people.
"Lilly your hair is so pretty and soft" he said holding my razored ends.
"Thanks, I cut it myself"
"Maybe I should have you do mine some time" he said chuckling. I sighed and leaned back looking up at Jack. His green eyes which had tiny specs of gold in them looked back at mine. They were so different then Jezebel's so much warmer. I could stare in his eyes all day long. Jack's lips curled up into a slight smile.
"What?"
"Nothing, you feeling better"
"Yeah"
"That's good" he said leaning down and kissing my forehead. My mouth dropped into a frown.
"What's the matter?"
"It's Jezebel, I mean it's not fair what I'm doing with him, I'm so confused I want to be with him, but I mean I feel like I'm cheating"
"He hurts you"
"I know but, I mean I really just want to make him happy, I-I wasn't ready to have sex I really shouldn't have done it, but I mean…….."
"Lilly it's ok" he said hugging me in tight.
"Jack I feel like a whore"
"Shhh don't say that you're not" Jack pulled me up into his lap. Those green eyes stared back at me. Before I could stop myself I found myself locking lips with him. This wasn't right, this was cheating. But I wanted to make Jack happy.
"Lilly, if he hurts you so much then break up with him"
"No, that's not fair to him, Jack I'm a horrible person"
"God, no you're not Lilly if you were a bad person then you wouldn't care what he felt you're a good person Lilly you are"
"Why does this have to be so hard?"
"I know baby" he said holding me tight against his chest.
"Come on you're tired let's go take a rest"
"Ok" We walked into his bed room and Jack sat down on the bed. It was dark outside and the dim street lights cast a faint shadow standing alone in the street across from the house. I squinted my eyes harder to see. The strong figure was covered in a dark liquid. Blood. Piercing red eyes glowed back at mine. The face I couldn't make out but the long black trench coat and pale skin I could. No, I'm just tired. Jack already had taken off his shirt and put on lose pajama pants.
"What are you looking at?"
"Oh, nothing" I said closing the curtains. It's okay I'm safe here I repeated to myself. No one can get me.
"You sure?" The voice said again.
"You can't hurt me" I whispered back. A low chuckle was the only response before it faded away again. Jack's concerned eyes were on me.
"Come on it's late" I took off my shirt revealing my emaciated looking chest.
"Lilly!"
"What?"
"Have you been eating?"
"I know it looks bad but I just don't feel hungry anymore"
"You look like you haven't eaten in weeks"
"I can't every time I try I just feel sick"
"Alright, but tomorrow morning you're eating"
"I'll try" Jack came over and laid down next to me on the small bed. His arms wrapped around me and brought me tighter to him.
"Goodnight I love you Lilly"
"I love you too" I said before falling asleep.

"Mum, I feel weird"
"Raphael! Please baby wake up"
"DOCTOR SOMETHING'S WRONG!" she called out the door. The monitors started beeping rapidly. Three doctors's rushed in and began running about the room.
"Code blue all doctors to pediatric ICU, Code blue pediatric ICU" the intercom blared throughout the empty corridors. I watched the doctor's race to the bed side.
"BP's dropping he's going into cardiac arrest get the crash cart"
"HE'S FLAT LINING, SHOCK ADVISED"
"Charging"
"Clear" the metal paddles jolted my body.
"Charging"
"Clear" again my frail body lurched as the shock went through my body. My black hair felt over my pale skin.
"Doctor his lips are turning blue" The head doctor was standing at the door.
"Time of death"
"Clear" the body jolted again.
"Doctor, Time of death"
"Clear"
"BP's rising check the vitals"
"Returning he's back"
"How long?" the man standing at the door said.
"Seven minutes"
"Brain damage?"
"Most likely" My mother came running in to my side.
"Baby, baby are you ok?"
"Mummy?" my weak voice managed to say.
"Oh thank god"
"Mummy am I going to get better?"
"Of course baby"

"Lilly, Lilly wake up"
"Huh?"
"Lilly are you ok?"
"What do you mean?"
"You shaking"
"Oh, I just weird dream I'm fine"
"Ok" Jack's arms returned to my side. I'd never had that dream before. Only what my mum told me. Which wasn't much only that I had to be shocked back to life. As for brain damage I guess that's when the empathy abilities formed, because after that my condition improved. The doctor's were all in shock and had no answers other then that it was most likely that my body had fought back in those final stages and won. Not many people survive the pledge but that with all the meds and antibiotics in me that it must have finally killed it.

The next morning I awoke to the bright sun shining in my eyes. Jack was at his computer looking up something.
"Oh yeah you're up"
"Yeah"
"Alright well I'm going to go take a shower then" Jack said standing up and pushing in his chair before heading out. I went over to the computer and clicked the back button on the search engine. A page popped up on it was the words DEMONS AND DEALS. As I scrolled down the page I look over the small words.

"Some demons can make deals with human in trade for their soul, such cases include being able to give money, love, power, fame, and in some cases life. It is barley heard of but sometime a demon will make a deal with a dying person in order to save them and in return give the person x number of years to live and then come to collect the soul"

How could anyone do that? Make a deal that would send them to hell? That's horrible. I'd rather die then be condemned to hell. I closed the browser and got dressed. I knocked on the bathroom door and Jack opened it. Steam fell threw the open door.
"Yeah"
"Are you done?"
"Yeah"
"Do mind if I take a shower?"
"No sure go ahead" he said walking out and handing me a towel. He closed the door and I started the shower. I got in and washed my hair. The warm water ran over me, washing away the groggy morning feeling. I got out and dried my hair before fixing tying it back into a pony tail. I could fix it later when I got home. I washed my mouth out with mouth wash before getting dressed and heading into the kitchen where Jack was sitting.
"Here" he said handing me an apple.
"Eat it, it'll help" I brought the fruit to my mouth before taking a bit. I looked down at it. The normal white part of the apple was black and mushy. It tasted like hell. I ran over to the sink spitting it out trying not to get sick.
"LILLY!"
"What's wrong?"
"The apple it was rotten"
"Lilly it's fine" he said picking it up. Sure enough it wasn't rotten the inside of the apple was white.
"It must the piece that you ate was bruised"
"I'm not hungry" I know what I saw. It was rotted. I could also hear his laughter in the distance.
"Leave me alone" I muttered so that Jack couldn't hear. Am I not aloud to have one normal day, one day that I can live in silence?
"Lilly you ok man?"
"Yeah, I guess so, I mean I better be getting back to my house I wouldn't want my mum worrying to much"
"Ok let me drive you home though"
"Really Jack I'm fine, my head just hurts a little"
"No Lilly I'm driving you home, you're aren't looking to good" In truth he was right. I was getting weaker everyday. Almost as if the life was being sucked out of me. I felt in a haze all day. I couldn't decipher what was real and what was not.
"Lilly sit down" It was getting hard to breath and my head was spinning. My mouth was dry and my heart was pounding.
"Lilly here drink this" he said handing me a cup of water. I took a sip, before sitting it out on the floor.
"Ach what the fuck it's BLOOD!" I screamed looking at the red liquid.
"Shhh, calm down Lilly it's just water, hold still" he looked at my mouth.
"It's your tongue you must have bit it"
"No I didn't that was blood"
"Lilly I think you need to calm down baby"
"Now sit tight I'm going to get my keys" he said running into his mum's room to get her car keys. He came running back in with them and grabbed my hand.
"Come on slowly get up"
"Jack I'm fine really" As soon as I stood up I felt dizzy again. Jack's steady hands were their to catch me when I started falling. He picked me up bridal style in his arms and carried my out the door. I got into the passenger side seat and closed my eyes.
"Rest Lilly come on just fall asleep"
"Yeah, just like that, it'll all be over soon"

Something wasn't right. My head was spinning I couldn't even see straight. My mouth got cold and I felt like I was losing my ability to keep my eyes open. I opened the door and puked.
"No, no, no, no please leave me alone" I begged when I saw the black liquid.
"Fuck" I gasp.
"LILLY!" The tears were flowing down my cheeks.
"We're going to the hospital" Jack said jumping in the driver's seat.
"Jack, my head"
"I know baby it's going to be ok" Jack speed out of the drive way exceeding the speed limit by 20 mph almost. I was fading in and out the whole time. The evil laughter in my head was driving me insane. I just wanted it all to end. Jack speed into the emergency parking lot before picking me up and running me in. The lady sitting at the desk ran over.
"Please you have to help my friend"
"What's wrong?"
"I don't know you; you've just got to help him"
"Okay, um just sit down there the doctor's will be right out" Jack held me in his lap as tight as he possibly could. It wasn't until now that I saw the crystal tears welling I his eyes.
"Jack"
"Shhh, don't talk" he leaned his head down forcing our lips together. My head cleared and the voices stopped. The waiting room was empty and all I could hear were my inner thoughts. My shallow breaths were the only thing. Dead silence. The next things that happened were in slow motion. The doctor's came rushing out and pulled me away on a rolling bed. Jack was right by my side though my frail hand in his. There were three doctors circled around me taking my blood pressure and hooking me up to an IV. Their voices were a blur, and I couldn't make out their faces.
"Raphael BABY! ARE YOU OK?" My mum's voice rang in my ears. Her warm arms wrapped around me. Things began to move in their proper speeds again.
"Mum"
"I'm right here" she said holding my hand and stroking the side of my face.
"J-Jack"
"Right here" he said on my other side.
"What happened?"
"The doctor's think you had a panic attack but you're fine now they're just giving you some fluids to make sure"
"Ok"
"Jack" I said looking over towards him.
"Lilly" I reached up for him. He grabbed both my hands and leaned down kissing me again. Not letting go for a few seconds.
"Ahummm" My mum cleared her throat. With the whole I-know-my-son-is-gay-but-can-you-reframe-from-doing-this-right-now thing.
"Sorry" Jack said breaking the kiss.
"They say you'll be fine to go home in about an hour they're just going to make sure everything is ok before you leave"
"Ok" I said.
"Jack do you have my phone?"
"Yeah it's right here hun" he said handing it to me. I looked into the contacts.
"Can I have a minute?" I asked them both.
"You're goanna call him huh?" he asked before walking out with my mum. I dialed Jezebel's number. After a few rings he picked up.
"Hello?"
"Jezebel"
"Hello Lilly, are you ok you seem like you've been through hell"
"I'm at the hospital"
"Oh, what happened?"
"I don't really know but I'm fine I think I just wanted to hear your voice"
"Wouldn't you rather see me?" he asked.
"Yeah"
"I'll be there in a few" he said before hanging up. I set the phone aside and Jack walked back in.
"Why? Why do you want him here? Huh?"
"Because he's my boyfriend"
"I guess but I don't think this is the best idea"
"Just stay please"
"Fine" He said sitting down in the chair next to my bed. My mum was outside talking to the doctor's. About 15 minutes later Jezebel came through the doors. Jack growled.
"Be nice"
"Oh, I didn't know you were here, Jack" he said with a smirk.
"Well you know someone has to look out for him" Jezebel's smirk turned into a firce glare.
"Well I'm here now you're no longer needed" he said harshly.
"I guess I'm not, anyways I've got to work on my project anyways of course if I really wanted to nail the disgusting habits of the demon world I guess I could just follow you around"
"Ha cute, but I believe that you would be much better with books" he said before watching Jack walk out.
"Jezebel why are you so mean to him"
"Cause he's competition" he said before coming over to my side. He took my hands in his.
"I missed you, I'm so glad you're not hurt"
"Yeah"
"I love you Lilly" He said looking into my eyes.
"I love you too" His lips came down hard on mine. His slipped his tongue inside my mouth, wrapping his hands around the sides of my neck, pulling me deeper into the kiss. I tired to pull back but he kept going.
"Jezebel"
"Sorry" he said pulling back smiling at me.
"Raphael we're all clear to leave come on sweetie" my mum said opening the door.
"I'll carry you" Jezebel said helping me up out of the bed and to my mum's car.
"Thank you Jezebel is it?" My mum asked.
"Yes, take good care of my baby"
"I will don't you worry" she said chuckling nervously. Jezebel strode away and my mum got in and started the car.
"You know he's sweet, but I don't think its right for you to be spending so much time with Jack and kissing him if you're with Jezebel"
"Mum please don't go into this it's not like that with me and Jack" I lied. I knew it was to Jack I knew why he hated Jezebel so much. For the same reason Jezebel hated Jack. Competition. They were fighting over me. And as romantic as it sounds it's not. It really isn't its very stressful. Draining.