‹ Prequel: Dead Silence

Dead Wrong

Remembering My Touch

I watched as Jack grabbed his keys and walked out the door. The engine out front roared to life and the trail lights disappeared into the darkness.

James yawned and rubbed his eyes.
"Come on, let's get you to bed" I said gently.
"But I'm not tired" he protested, doing his best to keep his eyes open.

"Let's go" I offered him a hand to help him off the floor. He took it and followed me upstairs to his room, then sat down on his bed and looked at his feet.
"Is something wrong?"
"No, I was just thinking about my parents. It's never going to be the same again is it?"
"No, it's not" I replied, not being able to lie to him. At least not this time.

"I was thinking that" his somber voice said.
"Hey, its goanna be okay though" I smiled trying to get him to cheer up. He looked at me and echoed my smile.

"Yeah, I know"
"Good night sweetie" I said flipping off the lights and tucking him into bed. I looked down at the half asleep boy. Leaning down I kissed his forehead before turning to leave.

He was such a sweet kid; he didn't deserve any of this. I dragged my tired feet down the stairs and into the kitchen to await Jack's arrival. The old wooden chair creaked under my weight as I sat down. It was so old I think it would creak under the weight of a feather.

The sound of the door opening brought me out of my trance. Jack's hair was soaking wet and so was his shirt. He carried two bags from the grocery store into the kitchen, before setting them down on the counter. He smiled at me.
"Lilly, are you up past your bed time?
"I just wanted to see my favorite person in the world?"
"Where's James?"
"Just fell asleep"
"Ah, I see"
"Are you hungry?"
"Not really"

"I am, so I'm gonna make some soup" he said pulling out a can from one of the dripping wet bags. The burner came to life in the old gas stove and he set a pot on it, before emptying the can's contents into it. Jack couldn't cook very well, and soup was about a complex as it got for him. But hey, at least he can do that.

He sat down next to me with the steaming bowel of soup, before lifting a still steaming spoonful to his lips.
"You're goanna burn yourself" I exclaimed.

"Well, then why don't you cool it down for me?" he said putting to my lips. I blew on the liquid.
"Perfect"

Jack hadn't been the only one deprived. I hadn't done anything as well. But James was asleep. I bit my lips and looked at his soaking wet shirt that at this point was almost see through.
"What are you looking at?" he asked cocking an eyebrow.
"Nothing"
"You seem pretty into nothing then" he replied moving a hand to my leg. I scooted closer to him. He opened his mouth to say something, but I put my finger to his lips silencing him. We'd have to be quiet.
"Shhh, be very very quiet"
"Why" He mumbled.
"I'm hunting wabbits" I giggled. Elmer Fud was Jack's favorite cartoon character.
"Oh, so we're gonna play that game" he said, obviously not interested in his soup anymore.
"So Mr. Wabbit where are we goanna play this game?" I asked, batting my eyes lashes.

"Some where warm, and steamy, and wet" I licked my lips. Jack grinned before scooping me up in his arms and taking his 'wabbit' upstairs to the bathroom.

He locked the door, before pushing me up against it, kissing me with force. I wrapped my arms around his neck begging for more. Sliding my hands up his chest, I pulled off his shirt and let it drop to the floor. My hands explored his still wet body. Our lips still joined together. Next came my shirt which he removed without hesitation.

Clothes became scattered across the floor, and the steam filled the air. The warm water felt good on my aching body, but that wasn't the best part. He picked me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He braced one hand on the shower wall and the other he used to put his 'rifle' in my 'wabbit hole'.

I bit down hard on his shoulder as the pain hit me. My nails dug into his back leaving red marks.
"Ahh"

He thrusted into me again. This time more pleasure then pain. I'd missed this feeling, of him inside me. Being so close to one another. Right now it was just us, no one else, no problems, just bliss. His thrusts became quicker and more intense.
"Ah, uh harder baby!" I screamed, begging for more.
"Almost there" he grunted.
He bit at my neck to keep from screaming as I felt his warm liquids enter me. I came next and held on to him tight as my body shook.

Every muscle in my body felt numb. We both panted out of breath. I turned the water off and grabbed a towel, before stepping out, still shaking. I tired my hair back and slipped on sleep shorts and a tank top.

He got into bed next to me, and put his arms around my waist pulling me towards him. I gave him a peck on the lips.
"Good night baby I love you" he whispered into my ear.
"I love you too"

A gentle shaking awoke me.
"Lilly, wake up" Jack whispered.
"Mm... What?"
"Do you hear that?"
"Hear what?"
"Sit up" he instructed. Still half asleep, I sat up and listened. From the hall way was a faint coughing sound.
"Is that James?"
"I think so" Jack answered.
"Stay here. I'll go see what's wrong." I said slipping on a bathrobe and slippers before going to investigate the noise. The bathroom light was on. I knocked on the door.
"James, you okay?" I could hear him moan. I opened the door, realizing it was unlocked.

James was sitting by the toilet, looking pale as hell. I ran over to him.
"Oh my god are you okay?"
"Lilly, it hurts"
"What hurts, honey?"
"M-My stomach it feels like it's on fire and my head is killing me" he cried, before leaning over the toilet and getting violently sick. His skin was pale and he was burning up. His small frame shook.
"Its okay baby, you're probably just sick"

"What's wrong?" Jack's voice asked.
"James is sick."
"You'll be okay little man" James nodded. Jack sighed and turned to go back to bed.

"Do you want to go back to your room sweetie?" I asked. He nodded and stood up, still shaking and a little unsteady on his feet.
"Here I'll help you" I said wrapping an arm around him, helping him to bed. I tucked him back in and sat down next to him.
"I'm going to go get you something for the headache okay?"

"O-okay" I ran downstairs and opened the medicine cabinet, retrieving some aspirin. I poured a glass of ginger-ale for his stomach and ran back up to his room.
"Here baby" I said handing it to him.

"This will help settle your stomach and whenever you feel like it you can take this for your head" he nodded and closed his eyes.
"Let me take your temperature" I said holding up a thermometer. He opened his mouth then closed. I waited a few second until it beeped and read the numbers. 100 degrees.
I stayed until I was sure he was asleep I turned the lights back off and joined Jack in our room again. He was already asleep, so I just climbed back in.

I woke up late, and Jack had already left for work. The sun shone in bright from the open window. I wondered if James was still asleep and thought getting out of bed. I opened his door to find an empty bed. My heart started pounding.
"James?"
I checked the bathroom, he wasn't there. Running down the stairs, I called his name, but with no reply. Panicked, I threw open the front door. My heart beat returned to normal, when I saw him sitting on the edge of the porch staring off into the sky.
"Oh my god, James! There you are"
"Oh yeah. I woke up early and wanted some fresh air"
"Are you feeling better?"
"Yeah, tons, I'm still kind of tired though but the medicine's worked well"
"I'm glad, those kind of things don't usually last very long any ways"
"Yeah" he looked better. The peachy color had returned to his flesh, and as far as I could tell his fever was gone. He smiled looking off into the distance, before turning back to me.

His small hands were placed limply in his lap. I looked at his index finger, his cuticle was red.
"What happened to your hand?"
"What do you mean?" I lifted the in question finger.
"Oh, I accidentally cut it, but it's fine now"
"Oh, okay"

I looked up into the sky, rain clouds had moved in and were about to cover the sun.
"Let's go back inside I think it's going to rain"
"Okay" he replied, standing up. He sat on the couch watching some cartoons on the old TV.

"Hahahaha" he giggled in a high pitched voice at the cat that had his head smashed it by a mouse. What an odd show. I sat down with a book and began to read some old book that was lying around.The skies had unleashed another downpour and the soft rumble of thunder in the distance signaled it was far from over.

I hadn't gotten but a few pages in when a loud crash from the kitchen had caused me to drop the book as my heart stopped momentarily.
"What was that?" James asked.
"I think something fell" I said getting up and walking over to the kitchen. A metal pot was lying on the floor. I looked up where the others were hanging about the counter. Must have fallen, no doubt this is an old house, and storms don't do well with it. I thought picking it up and setting it back on the rusted hook.

"Lilly, I think something's wrong with the TV" James called from den. Damn, house really was breaking down. The TV had lost signal and the familiar sound of signal lost was blaring from it's speakers. I quickly muted the TV and banged on it, adjusting the antenna. Pictures ran across the screen but the signal didn't hold.

A loud clash of thunder shook the house, causing the lights to flicker. James clung to me, obviously scared. The picture completely disappeared as well did the lights. Great powers out. Damn storm. James gasped.
"Shhh, its okay James, the storm probably blew a fuse. I'll go down in the basement and check"
"Don't leave me!" he cried holding on to me.

"Then come with me" I said grabbing the key to the basement and a flash light. James followed close behind me as we entered the dark basement.
"Ahh, A MONSTER!!" James screamed.
"Shhh, no it's okay it's just the boiler" I calmed him. I felt my way over to the fuse box and flipped it open. Sure enough a fuse had blown. I shinned the flash light on it and fixed it, before flipping the switch. The lights fluttered back on and James let go of his death grip on me.
"See everything's fine"