Their Violence, Your Silence.

Confusion All Around

It was the longest two hours of my life, I could tell you that.

I was seated in between Chris and Caleb with on Caleb’s other side Marley. It was hell.

Chris would keep glancing at Caleb and kept his arm around my shoulder pulling me slightly sideways into his chest. Caleb on the other hand sat staring straight ahead or glaring at Chris, his hands clasped tightly around the edge of the seat. His posture tense.

And to make it even worse, Marley was commenting on everything in the movie and since it was a horror movie screeching and acting like she was scared.

She kept trying to get Caleb’s attention, clutching onto his arm and digging her nails into his skin. I could already see red scratches and welts appearing there but Caleb seemed oblivious.

I tried to focus on what was on the screen but it seemed almost impossible. I usually liked horror movies, they didn’t scare me in the least and Katie and I always watched them together laughing at how stupid the hero or heroine in the story acted.

Tonight though I couldn’t focus, I kept feeling the warmth radiating from Chris as I was pressed against him. I kept feeling how hard and muscled his chest was despite his soft demeanor. He seemed utterly relaxed but his glances in Caleb’s direction made me think otherwise.

It was confusing and I could tell Chris’s behavior confused the other guys as well. It wasn’t what any of us was used too.

What was even more confusing was the fact that I wasn’t the focus of Caleb’s glares. He seemed to try not to look at me at all. His glares were directed at Chris and it was so obvious that the other guys noticed it as well.

During the break I excused myself and scrambled out of my seat to get to the ladies room. I’d prefer the chance to run in to Marley there over being in the company of Chris or Caleb or both.

Still I considered myself lucky that she wasn’t there.

I had a hard time understanding what was going on out there. If I didn’t know any better I’d say Chris was flirting with me and that Caleb was jealous. In fact it almost looked like Chris was enjoying making Caleb jealous.

That was ridiculous I scolded myself. Caleb hated me so he couldn’t be jealous and Chris… well Chris had always looked at me like his little sister so him flirting with me was absolutely out of the question.

I squared my shoulders and marched back in, thinking what I’d just experienced was all in my head. Obviously since both guy’s would never act that way.

But as I sat back down in my chair I had the sinking feeling it would only get worse.

Both boys resumed their behavior. Chris wrapped his arm around my shoulder again and smiled warmly at me. ‘Look I got you your favorite candy,’ he said as he handed me a bag of gummi bears.

I liked them but they didn’t beat chocolate of any kind in my opinion or ice vanilla cream. Nonetheless I thanked him quietly. Caleb on my other side made a loud half slurping, half choking sound as he tried drinking his milkshake.

I automatically turned to look at him, worried he might suffocate. Our eyes met for a brief moment. His green orbs seemed to almost burn, liquid fire and then they turned to the coolest water, his brows furrowed in confusion.

Then his eyes switched back to Chris and he glared. It was the fiercest glare I’d ever seen him give anyone and I was sure I’d seen the worst so far. I’d been at the receiving and most of the time.

This glare however almost literally made Chris beside me shrink back into his chair. I think as far as looks can go, this look could have definitely killed.

Marley for once was a lifesaver, ‘Caleb it’s starting again! Hold my hand I’m scared…’ I snorted in amusement at that and Caleb’s eyes darted back to mine, he too looked amused for a moment. Then he turned back around to face Marley.

‘You’re the one who just needed to see this movie, not me…’ Caleb said. Marley started replying but my attention was diverted by Chris again.

‘I thought you and him we’re friends? He doesn’t seem very friendly,’ he said as he put his arm back around my shoulders, obviously thinking it was save to do so now that Caleb wasn’t looking.

‘Being friendly isn’t his forte no…’ I replied but somehow I found myself smiling now. Chris didn’t reply but just stared straight ahead at the screen. I tried to follow his example but it wasn’t easy.

The glares from Caleb towards Chris seemed to have intensified and now included glaring pointedly at Chris’s arm around my shoulder.

Chris seemed to try to make up for cowering away before and held onto me fiercely and a little too tightly. He wasn’t amused or relaxed anymore.

And to top it all: Marley had finally noticed the tension between us and tried to glare at me from behind Caleb. Glares that said; “next time I catch you alone you are dead.”

When we left the theatre I ran to the car ahead of Caleb, saying only a quick goodbye to the guys. I felt rude for doing it, but I really wanted to get home.

Jared didn’t say anything in the car and I was glad for it. I knew he was bursting with questions but I had no answers for him. I was utterly confused myself.

I felt sick too. Nauseous and I had a headache that made me a little dizzy. As we reached home I rushed to bed thinking: what a perfect moment to get sick.

And it was of course. It meant I had time to figure things out for myself and that Marley had time to cool down and maybe, possibly forget what happened.

She probably wouldn't...
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised much faster then the last one.
I'll try to update at least once every week.