Their Violence, Your Silence.

Here Kitty Kitty!

Monday morning was a drag. Cassie was sick so she wasn't in school and it meant Shane looked a little lost and lonely. He didn't say much during lunch and fidgeted in his chair the whole time.

'Shane? She's only got a cold, it's not like she's dying... Stop worrying so much and go visit her after school. Make her soup or something,' I told him softly. After which he nodded slowly, smiled and then took out his phone to text her.

Caleb was in a good mood though as he told me about a new training program and the upcoming competition. After that he asked me all about my weekend which I'd spend utterly bored at home because he'd told me he was getting me a better job.

I bet It was the kind of job that would mean I'd never be alone with any kind of creeps. Talk about being overly protective...

Of course after what had happened I didn't really want to go back there either so I didn't press the matter.

It was right after gym that the action started.

Since Cassie was sick I was on my own in the locker room, I changed faster then I'd ever done before and rushed out before Marley had the chance to single me out. She was too engrossed in some sort of conversation about clothes that she didn't even notice me.

Gym itself was okay, Caleb stuck by my side the whole time. Making sure I didn't get hurt by any of the flying objects and running students. Shane was there too but he wasn't into the game of dodge ball and had to sit at the side almost immediately.

Who knew the guy was so hopeless without his girlfriend?

When the teacher finally signaled class was over I said goodbye to Shane hurriedly and promised Caleb I´d wait for him by his car. Back in the locker room I changed as quickly as possible as well but realized it wasn´t necessary.

Marley had a strange smile on her face and seemed to do her best to ignore me as she chattered with her gang of friends. It gave me the creeps. Was she planning something?
Because I couldn't believe she'd just leave me alone all of a sudden. Not after what had happened.

Still confused I left the locker room at a more slow pace and was surprised when Damien came running up to me.

'Winter! I'm glad to see you!' he panted, he'd been running hard apparently because when he reached me he leaned forward trying to get his breath back.

'You're really smart right? I found a kitten and she's hurt! Can you help?' he said after a short moment, his hand had grabbed my wrist and he was already pulling me away, round the corner of the gym.

I didn't get what smart had to do with helping a hurt kitten but I had had first aid lessons and reckoned I might be able to help.

Damien had been nothing but hostile to me all week but it seemed like I found his soft spot. Who knew the guy liked animals so much he'd come to ask me for help?

Of course that's when the warning lights should have gone off in my head. Unfortunately they didn't. So much for being smart I guess.

He'd dragged me off the school property and around several corners into an abandoned building site. I'd seen the place a few times before but always during twilight when there were nasty shadows everywhere.

During the daylight this place didn't look too bad.

Damien hesitated only a short moment before he climbed through a gap in the fence and pulled me with him.

'The kitten is in there?' I asked him nervously. What on earth had brought Damien to this place? How had he even found the kitten in there?

'Yeah just over there behind that wall,we're nearly there,' he ensured me but he sounded distracted now and his grip on my wrist was starting to hurt. I tried pulling my hand free but it only resulted in him holding on tighter and increasing his pace.

When we reached the wall he indicated he pulled me around it quickly and I realized it was a dead end. Three walls and a fence, in one of the walls an opening for a door, we'd just entered the place through it. No roof but nonetheless I was completely fenced in now.

I scanned the ground and then took a deep breath before turning around to look at him.

'There is no kitten is there?' I asked him with a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. How was I going to get past him? He'd released my wrist and I was rubbing it gently. Already a bruise was forming there.

'Oh there's a kitty in danger alright!' replied Damien a grin splitting his otherwise handsome face in two, a mean spark in his eyes that told me I was the kitty he meant.

I swallowed roughly and looked around again, this time looking for a weapon to fight with. I had already established that the only way out was past Damien.
Nothing...

The floor was covered in dust but it was obviously concrete beneath and all though I noticed a lot of empty cans of beer and a sooty spot that indicated the remains of a bonfire. No log or branch or iron pipe or anything...

My search was interrupted when Damien suddenly grabbed my throat and slammed me against one of the walls. My back screaming in agony and windpipe laboring in vain to get air into my lungs.

'We're going to have fun 'kitty'!' he said, the word kitty twisting around in his mouth to make it sound mocking. I doubted very much I'd be having fun.

All I could see was black spots dancing in front of my eyes but I felt clearly how he ripped the glasses from my face. His hand like a vice around my throat prevented me from screaming out since he'd let up barely enough for me to breath.

'I'll make sure nobody will want you after I'm through with you!' his voice was twisted in anger and I didn't understand what I'd done to deserve it.

Then any coherent thought's I might have had were wiped from my mind replaced by the pain Damien was inflicting. The pain was centered in my forehead and it felt like glass was being rubbed into my skin there.

The blood seeping into my eyes confirmed that.

Pain blossomed in my stomach, the last air in my lungs whoosing out as I doubled over. Dimly I realized he'd let go of my throat.

I was on the floor then and more pain erupted in my back and side. Was he kicking me?

It seemed to last a lifetime but it was probably only a few seconds before he grabbed the front of my coat and ripped it open. My shirt followed the same faith and I screamed then. Scratching and clawing at his hands as I fought to prevent a repeat of what happened in the hotel.

I was roughly silenced when he clamped his hand over my mouth and sat down heavily on my pelvis. With one hand he grabbed my own hands and held them still above my head. I couldn't see how much damage I'd done but it seemed to have only infuriated him.

My head was spinning from the lack of oxygen, my whole torso screaming in pain as the blood kept dripping from my forehead. At that moment I thought: is this the end? Is he going to kill me?

Then suddenly the weight was gone and he was no longer restraining me. I heard footsteps retreating fast, Damien? And then the sound of voices I didn't recognize.

I lay still for what seemed an eternity but the voices didn't come closer and stopped after a while. Damien didn't return.

All I could think was: I need to get home.

From somewhere deep inside I found the strength to struggle to my feet.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i´m going to finish this one for sure first but i might post one or two chapters to the new story already just to get it going. And don´t worry i will finish this story, already got everything planned out ^^

Message, comment, whatever ;) let me know what you think of this story.