Their Violence, Your Silence.

Forgive and Forget? Never.

I stared at Damien in surprise, anger flaring up at seeing his face. It was fully healed again, no trace of the angry scratches and welts I'd given him a few weeks back. My own bruises and cuts had healed up just as well but the skin itched now as if remembering the pain the hand now touching me had inflicted.

I went to shrug him off but then changed my mind. The anger combined with the confidence boost this dress and the lack of glasses gave me were probably not a good combination. It made me bold and a little stupid.

A dance with Damien wouldn't hurt I guessed, I couldn't believe Caleb had run off with Marley. If he had Cassie would have noticed something the past few days and told me.

He might be with her right now but probably to tell her off again. He was a nice guy and would probably agree to going somewhere private to avoid embarrassment for her. He hated to cause a scene.

I took one look at the crowded dance floor and then gestured to Damien to lead the way. There were so many people there that I very seriously doubted he would try anything.

I saw the satisfied smirk flit across his face and again it struck me how handsome he was. It was a pity he had such a cruel smile on his features all the time and a cruel character to go with it.

Damien's hand left my shoulder and went to the small of my back to lead me to the dance floor. I couldn't help but compare the feeling to when Caleb did that. It was obvious that Caleb's hand's were much bigger.

Just before we reached the dance floor I saw Cassie staring at me in open mouthed surprise. Shane behind her looked very worried with a dark frown on his face, his mask in his hand.

'You look very beautiful tonight Winter,' said Damien, leaning forward to whisper the words in my ear as we danced.

I had my senses on alert, still rejoicing in the enhanced eye sight. Something was wrong, that feeling of foreboding still not gone and I knew that Damien had something to do with it. I kept a close watch on the refreshment table, hoping Caleb would soon return so I could finally see him. I'd feel much better if I'd see him again.

Damien was still quiet and polite and now he surprised me by saying: 'I know I've hurt you Winter... And I feel really bad about that. Can you find it in you to forgive me?'
I met his eyes, still that cold color, and I knew I couldn't trust him. Not one bit.

'I know you're a good person Winter, you found it in you to forgive Caleb...' he left the words hanging there. As if he wanted to give me time to think this over very carefully.

He did have a point, I had forgiven Caleb for the times he'd bullied me. Caleb had given me bruises just as Damien had. But something about Caleb had always told me he felt guilty about what he did.

How many times hadn't I seen that horrible look of disgust or regret? I knew now that the disgust was for himself always and not for me, because he knew what he did was wrong.

Damien... His eyes had always just been cold, no other emotion then rage reflected in them it seemed. Also, Caleb might have hurt me but he'd also saved me a few times, and he'd never tried to rape me.

'I'm willing to forget,' I said eventually. But it was hard to tell my body to relax in his presence, I didn't think I could ever trust him.

At my words Damien smiled for once not cruel but wide and nearly warm. I wondered if this is what a sincere smile on him looked like but I wasn't sure. It might all be an act.

'Thank you Winter, that's more then I deserve I guess... Do you think we can be friends from now on?'

Friends? Me and Damien? I almost laughed at loud at the thought but I nodded slowly.

'We'll see about that...' The least I could do was give him a chance to show he'd really changed and regretted his previous actions.

The music changed to a slow song then and I stepped back from his arms. I didn't want to get too close to him if I could prevent it.

'I'd like to find Caleb now, if you would excuse me?' I said politely, forcing a smile onto my face to show him I really did mean to try and by friends now.

The anxious feeling was getting stronger, I still hadn't seen him anywhere, despite the fact that I'd been looking around closely. I couldn't believe he was that hard to spot in the crowd, with his tall frame.

'Are you sure?' Damien asked me as he followed me off the dance floor back to the refreshment table. We passed Cassie and Shane on the way and I smiled and waved at them to reassure them I was fine.

'Why wouldn't I be? He's my boyfriend and I haven't seen him in three days,' I told Damien over my shoulder. Hurrying through the throngs of people now as I looked for him.

'Alright, follow me, I saw where he went,' Damien said, his hand grabbing mine as he tugged me in the direction of the locker rooms.

For a moment I debated whether or not it was safe to follow him to a less crowded place but against my better judgment I still followed him outside.

There was a semi dark empty corridor with the light of the emergency exit shining vaguely at the end. One of the locker rooms had light on though and when we reached that door I heard a voice talking.

The voice was unmistakable even though I couldn't hear what he was saying. My heart leaped happily at the familiar sound. Caleb was right around the corner.

I ripped my hand free from Damien's clasp and nearly sprinted the last bit. I ignored Damien's shouted warning behind me: 'I wouldn't do that if I was you!'

I slung open the door quickly: 'Caleb!'

My shout met silence as I saw Caleb's tall frame, back against a wall, his arms firmly wrapped around a girl. A red haired girl with a long simple black dress on, a white mask that covered most of her face except her mouth, she wore thick glasses.

Her mouth was very much engaged with Caleb's since they were making out as if their lives depended on it.

'Caleb?' his name fell from my lips as I stared in utter surprise at the sight. I couldn't entirely comprehend what was going on.

Caleb broke free from the girl at that moment, his eyes behind a green mask that matched his eyes shooting to me then back to the girl as if he too couldn't comprehend what was going on.

'I told you, you didn't want to see this Winter. I'm sorry,' Damien broke the silence from behind me, his hand took hold of mine again and he started pulling me away.

I felt numb now, but I allowed Damien to pull me out of the room without complaint. Caleb was kissing another girl? I thought he was with Marley... Why would he do that? Was it all a joke again? Had he played me for a fool?

'You!' I heard Caleb shout, the anger in his voice evident. I flinched when he charged after us but his punch wasn't aimed for me but Damien. 'You asshole! Stay away from her!'

Damien dodged Caleb's punch and yelled back: 'You're the asshole Caleb, cheating on your girlfriend like that... On the day she gets back from surgery too...Tssk! Come Winter, you don't have to stay here,' he pulled me with him again and I allowed.

Too confused and hurt by what I'd just witnessed to protest or think about whether or not it was safe to follow Damien.

'Wins! This... This isn't what it seems!' Caleb said, his voice anguished his eyes reflecting utter bewilderment and agony. I almost wanted to reach out to him to tell him it was alright, to make sure he was okay. Then I spotted the girl in the background, the girl he'd moments before been kissing and I felt angry.

'Leave me alone Caleb!' I said, then I turned around and marched back into the crowded gym without a backwards glance. Scared his anguished eyes would make me melt again.

Behind me I heard Caleb scream: 'I thought she was you! Wins! Winter! I love you!' Then the door slammed shut behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
And I'm back! Sorry about the cliff hanger there... I really didn't have time to write anymore.
This time I can promise the next chapter will be up within the next day, maybe even tonight.

On another note: Wacken (the festival i went to last week) was awesome! Hehe :)