Status: I'm going to totally revamp (haha, humor) this story. It just wasn't going anywhere in my head, but I thought up something new for it.

Dracula's Bride

The Dream

There is a girl of around eighteen, with long, auburn hair and azure eyes. She is wearing a flowing white gown and holds a bouquet of deep red roses. She silently walks down the aisle of a large room, staring at the man waiting for her at the end.
The man, clad in a pure black tuxedo, has black eyes full of mystery, aristocratic features, and a charming smile. He waits patiently for the girl to reach him, and gently takes her arm in his when she does. He flashes his smile at his bride, but she responds only by gazing silently at him, as if in a trance.
A preacher silently clears his throat and begins to speak. "The two of you are here today to bind yourselves to each other, promising to love each other and cherish one another for as long as you both shall live," he said. Since there were no witnesses, he skipped the 'dearly beloved, we are gathered here today...' part.
The preacher continued, but the girl was hardly listening. She was thinking about everything that this wedding entailed, and whether-or-not she really wanted it. The rest of her life with this man didn't seem too bad, especially considering his wealth and power, but still, part of her wasn't so sure marrying him was the right choice.
"Do you take this man to be your husband, to bind yourself to him for all of your life?" The preacher was addressing her now, waiting expectantly for her to answer 'yes'.
She hesitated, biting her lip lightly. "I do," she said softly.
"Then by the powers within me, I now pronounce you husband and wife." He did not say, 'You may kiss the bride', but a meaningful look passed between him and the groom.
The groom leaned down and gently, briefly touched his lips to the bride's, but then he moved his mouth lower. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he opened his mouth and plunged his fangs into the neck of his lovely bride.

Selena sat up with a gasp, her hand flying impulsively to touch her neck where, moments ago, a handsome stranger's fangs had just been. Slowly, her pulse steadied and her breathing evened out as she realized it had just been a vivid dream.
Climbing out of bed, she moved about the room, turning on the gas lights as she did. She went to her wardrobe and picked out her outfit for the day, an elegant white gown to wear to the marriage going on that afternoon. The dress, she was thankful to notice, didn't actually look anything like the one she'd been wearing in her dream. She dressed quickly and then pulled her flowing locks up into a bun.
"Selena, are you ready yet? Breakfast is waiting, and you don't want it to get cold." Her mom knocked softly on her door before entering.
"Yes," she answered with a smile. "I'm ready now." When standing next to her mother, it was easy to tell they were related. The had the same shade of red/brown hair, the same deep blue eyes, and similar smiles. Selena's face was sharper, though, like her father's, and her hair was longer.
Later that afternoon, Selena and her mother made their way to the chapel in the center of their town, where the wedding was to be. The older sister of Selena's best friend was the bride getting married, so Selena was very excited for this day. It was a lovely spring afternoon, with the winds picking up just a bit to create a cool breeze. The perfect weather for a wedding.
"Selena!" Her best friend, Catherine, had spotted her and was waving her eagerly over. With a farewell smile to her mother, she rushed over. Together, they entered the room where the bride, Jocelyne, was being made-up.
"Hello, Selena," she said warmly upon seeing her. Her hair was currently being pinned up by two of her best friends. She was wearing a gorgeous white gown with a full skirt and flowing train, and had a dainty tiara in her hair.
"You look wonderful," Selena told Jocelyne.
The next few minutes were spent talking about Jocelyne's hair, her dress, her flowers (white roses), everything that came with her wedding day. She was marrying her beloved sweetheart, Thomas James, whom she'd been in love with since she was fifteen. He began courting her when they turned seventeen, and now, at twenty-one, they were finally getting married. Not a happier bride could be found.
Selena took her seat next to her mother, smiling. "She's beautiful. Just wait until you see her."
Right on cue, Jocelyne began her walk down the aisle. Thomas stood watching her, a large grin on his face as he watched his future glide towards him. As Selena watched Jocelyne, she was reminded of her dream. Despite knowing it had just been a dream, it still disturbed her slightly. It was as if what she had seen was real somehow, even though she knew it wasn't. Whatever the reason, it filled her with a sense of foreboding that she couldn't ignore.
The reception after the wedding was filled with feasting, laughter, music, dancing, and endless joy. It was enough to even suppress Selena's feeling of foreboding for a short while. For that night, she got to enjoy herself, blissfully unaware of what the future had in store for her. For, moving swiftly and silently, a dark force was coming, and she would have no way of stopping it.