Status: I'm going to totally revamp (haha, humor) this story. It just wasn't going anywhere in my head, but I thought up something new for it.

Dracula's Bride

The Explanation

For the next few days, Selena wade pass in and out of consciousness. To be honest, she preferred it when she wasn't awake. She knew it would be safer to stay awake and stay on her guard, but being awake meant dealing with the truth that she wasn't ready to accept yet. George was a vampire, as was Vlad. She had been taken from her home. Her home, everyone she had loved, everything had been destroyed. They were all dead. So she didn't fight the blackness that always consumed her.
The few moments she did spend awake were usually disoriented and confusing. Sometimes, she would hear howls and nearby panting, like wolves were running with the... carriage? Yes, looking around, she confirmed that she was in a large black carriage. She gained from her moments of lucidity that they were moving very fast, probably due to some thoroughbred horses and mind tricks from the devil driving the carriage.
Finally, after an amount of time that was lost to Selena due to her constant sleeping, she found that she was fully awake. She peeked out the window of the carriage, pulling back the curtain just a crack. What she saw was not very encouraging. The land they were in looked cold and foreign, very unlike her happy England.
"I see you're awake," George said, suddenly beside her. She gasped and flinched away from him, putting as much distance between them as possible, considering the small space.
"Don't come near me," she said, pressing as tightly to the wall as she could.
"I'm not going to hurt you," George said, looking slightly hurt. "That was never a part of my plan."
"And what was your plan? To kill people so you could attain immortality? To sell your soul for power?"
"To protect you."
"You're a monster. Monster's don't protect, they destroy."
"Look, I didn't exactly volunteer for this. What a I supposed to do, kill myself because of what I am?"
"You have no soul, George, and you have to kill to survive. It's not like you have much of a life anyway. You and that demon destroyed my home. Everyone I ever cared for is now dead."
He frowned, suddenly looking angry. "I did not want that to happen. I tried to stop it, to save others from death. But I couldn't even save my own family. It was Dracula who started the fire, who came as a shadow of death, destroying everything he touched."
"But you serve him. He is your lord, your master. You are no better than he is."
"I serve him so I can serve you. So that you will at least have an ally with you, someone to talk to and relate to, even if you hate me right now."
"Why?" she asked softly, blinking back tears. "Why did he kill them all? Why did you let him?"
"I can't oppose his rule," he said softly. "He can do mind control."
Selena didn't answer him, and instead looked out the window silently. If George was telling the truth, he hadn't chosen to be a vampire... Was it right of her to tell him he should have killed himself instead of letting it happen? Would she have the nerve to do kill herself when Dracula turned her into one of them? For she knew that being the queen of the vampires meant she would become one of them. Could she kill herself when that time came? Or would she just let it be, like George had?
"How did it happen?" she finally asked, not looking at George.
She heard him sigh softly before he spoke. "I was traveling to the city to see about going to the university there. I felt like I was being followed by someone, but I paid little attention to it. I was just so glad that my father had finally agreed to me getting a full, proper education. Originally, he wanted me to stay home and learn how to take care of the town.
It was on my way back. The horses to my carriage suddenly stopped moving, acting very skittish and frightened. I got out to see what had startled them, and I saw it. A huge wolf, his eyes gleaming with human madness. He attacked me, but he did not bite me. He left me to die, not bothering to try and turn me. For his master had plans for me. When Dracula came, I was so near death I thought I was hallucinating. He bent down and picked up my body like I weighed nothing. He told me I would be of use to him, and then he bit me. I opened my mouth to scream, but no noise came out. Instead, he poured his own blood into my mouth, completing the process. I passed out, and when I awoke, I was this. A servant to the devil."
Selena gave a soft, involuntary whimper. "So werewolves are real too?"
"Yes," he answered. "And most of them are his servants. There are a few rogues, but not enough to be any sort of threat to him. Otherwise, he wouldn't let them live."
"And what use were you to him?"
"I had to keep an eye on you, keep you safe. Some vampires that don't like him found out about his plan to make you queen. They assumed it meant you would be a very powerful vampire, for him to personally search you out, so they wanted to make you theirs. It was my job to fight them off. And I did. I protected with every ounce of my strength. I also had to make sure the town wouldn't recognize a vampire, so it would be safe for Dracula to come himself."
Selena thought of all the stories she'd heard about vampires, and she suddenly frowned, finally turning to look at George. "But I thought that vampires couldn't be in the sunlight?"
"Dracula can. He's the most powerful of all the vampires. So I could keep you safe, he temporarily passed the ability on to me, which is why you never saw him during the day. But now that he has you, I can't be in the sun."
"He doesn't have me," Selena snapped. "He may have kidnapped me, but he does not have me. To have me means that I am willingly going to become his queen, but I will fight it with everything that I have!"
George smiled softly. "Your fighting spirit is what made me fall for you, you know," he said softly.
Selena stared at him for a few moments, not sure what to say to that. Once, she would have been thrilled to hear it, but George was a vampire now... "Do vampires even have hearts?" she asked scornfully.
"My heart doesn't beat, no. But if it did, it would beat only for you. Becoming a vampire didn't change how I feel about you."
"When did it happen? How long have you been lying to me and deceiving me?"
"About a month."
"A month? How have you been feasting for a month without the town noticing an increased number of dead, drained bodies?" Tears leaked out of her eyes against her will at the thought of the people George had killed. "You've been murdering people for a month, and yet no one noticed."
"I haven't killed anyone. Dracula would leave 'gifts' in my room for me so I wouldn't get caught."
"But now you'll have to kill," she said. "And soon enough, I will too. And there's nothing I can do about it."
George didn't say anything, giving her the answer she knew but still didn't want to accept. Her fate was sealed, and she could not change what was going to happen to her.