Status: updated as I have time.

Welcome to the Family

Twelve

Matt sighed as he ran a hand through his hair as he walked down the hall, Pantera blasting in his headphones. He rounded the corner and stopped short, his stomach dropping at the sight at the front desk.

“Fuck my life,” he muttered as he turned to walk back the way he came.

“Matthew! Your step father is here to see you,” Paige called from the front desk.

Matt swore under his breath and sighed as he turned to face the man and Paige. He made a mental note to rip the girl a new asshole. He walked up to his step father with a tight lipped smile. “Hi Jack,” he said quietly.

“Hello Matthew. How are things?” Jack Morrison said with a smile.

“Fine. What do you want?”

“Now Matt is that any way to talk to your step dad?” Paige said with a grin. She shut up almost instantly at the withering glare that Matt threw in her direction.

“I just came to check up on you buddy. Just wanted to see how you were doing,” Jack answered quietly.

“Liar,” Matt whispered as he took a step away from the man. Jack’s smile disappeared as he walked up to Matt grabbing him firmly by the arm. Matt’s jaw clenched and he tried to pull away.

“We need to talk Matthew,” Jack snapped as he dragged the boy into an empty room.

“Get the fuck away from me. I have nothing to say to you,” Matt said quietly as he backed up till he was pressed against the wall. “Get away from me.”

“Shut up. Do you have an idea how much fucking money you’re costing me Matthew?” Jack spat.

Matt’s body tensed and his fists clenched. Jack had about 3 inches and 50 pounds on the younger man but he was ready for anything. “So then take me home,” he said quietly.

“What and have you ruin my time with your mother. You’re out of your goddamn mind boy.”

Matt flinched away from Jack but a minute too soon. The man backhanded Matt hard enough to make him stumble. The younger man put a hand to his jaw as he looked up at Jack. “What are you insane? She’s my fucking mother!” he spat.

Jack smirked slightly and shrugged. “Well you’re not coming home. Besides you have a drug problem Matthew. You need help,” he said as he took a step forward.

Matt’s back pressed against the wall and his fists rose slightly. He’d never actually hit Jack but if all he would get was a few hours in solitary it was damn well worth it.

Jack laughed softly as he grabbed Matt by the hair. Matt bit back a cry of pain as Jack forced him to look into his eyes. “When you call your mother today tell her you went drinking last night. You met a few men who gave you drugs and now you have to go through detox all over again. You’ll be here longer than you thought.”

“Suck my dick.”

“Wrong answer kid,” Jack spat as he kneed Matt hard in the stomach. Matt cried out in pain as the air was knocked from his lungs. He closed his eyes as Jack repeatedly hit him waiting for the perfect moment.

Jack finally stopped as he pulled Matt to his feet again. “Tell me what you’re going to say to your mother,” he whispered for what seemed like the thousandth time.

“I’m going to tell her that her husband is a dick,” Matt answered before he cocked his fist and hit Jack in the face as hard as he could. He turned and opened the door, stumbling out before Jack could catch him.

“Wrong answer. I’ll just tell her how you attacked me. See how soon you get out of here Matthew,” Jack spat before he turned around and walked away.

Matt ignored the man burying his face in his arms. His breath came in slow shaky gasps as he tried to calm himself down.

“Matt? You okay?”

Matt barely moved at the sound of Nikita’s voice. He felt her hand on his shoulder as she knelt down next to him and he did his best not to flinch. “I’m fine. Just…leave me alone okay?” he mumbled.

“You’re obviously not okay. You wanna talk?” she murmured as she rubbed his shoulder gently.

“Not really,” he mumbled. He hesitated for a moment before he rested his head on her shoulder. He could tell she was surprised because she hesitated before she ran a hand through his hair.

“It’s okay Matt. Whatever happened is over now. You’re safe.”

“God I wish that were true.”
♠ ♠ ♠
God that was hard to write >.<"

Comments = <3

xx,
Joanie