Status: updated as I have time.

Welcome to the Family

Fourteen

Lys sighed as she took her place behind the front desk. She stashed her purse under the desk and ran a hand through her hair as she sat down at the desk. “Fuck this shit man,” She muttered as she turned on the computer.

“Aren’t you supposed to be working?”

Lys glanced up as she heard a voice a small smirk spreading across her face. “Wearing clothes I see,” she said as she looked up at Johnny.

“Well yeah that’s the idea,” he said with a grin.

“Pity really. You’re well…equipped.” Lys laughed quietly as Johnny’s cheeks flushed bright red. “What can I do for you Johnny?”

“Nothing. Just wanted to say hey. And um…stuff,” he said shifting back on his heels.

“And stuff? What exactly is stuff? Spit it out kiddo.”

“..Are you shorter than me?” Johnny asked suddenly as he leaned up over the desk.

“Where did that come from?” Lys asked her cheeks flushing slightly.

“Can I take that as a yes?”

“Small victory for a small man,” she answered sticking her tongue out at him.

Johnny smiled smugly “I take what I can get. I don’t get many people that are shorter than me.”

“I don’t think garden gnomes are considered people Johnny.”

Lys snorted as Zacky walked over and Johnny’s cheeks flushed twice as red. He turned and punched the other man in the ribs and Zacky snorted as he smack Johnny upside the head.

“You must be Elyssa. I’m Zacky,” he said holding out his hand.

“Call me Lys. It’s nice to meet you,” she said shaking his hand. He had a strong grip and rough callus on his hands. “You play guitar huh?”

“Yeah how’d you know?” he asked with a small smile.

“The callus on your hands. It’s kinda like Brian’s and Johnny’s,” she answered. She frowned slightly as the small bassist scuffed his shoe on the ground. She picked a Hershey’s kiss off the desk and threw it at him, smiling as it hit him in the head.

“What was that for?” Johnny asked as he unwrapped the candy and put it in his mouth.

“Make you smile. You have a nice smile,” she answered with a small shrug.

Zacky laughed as Johnny’s cheeks flushed and he ruffled the younger man’s hair.“dude do me a favor. Go grab my acoustic from the rec room?”

“Why? You gonna show off for Jess?” Johnny asked grinning as Zacky’s cheeks flushed.

“Guitarists are hotter than four strings any day of the week. Now get my guitar dude,” Zacky muttered.

Lys watched as Johnny walked away before she looked over at Zacky. “You don’t want your guitar do you?” she asked with a sly smile.

“No not really,” he said as he leaned against the desk. He played with his septum ring for a moment before he looked up at her. “You’re not talking to me cuz I’m charming,” he said with a grin.

“That’s not entirely true,” she said with a grin as she played with the ends of her hair. Zacky raised his eyebrow and she flipped him off as he laughed. “Fine. You’re friends with him. I wanna get to know him.”

“Who Brian?”

“No Johnny you half wit!”

“Short Shit? What’s so good about him?” he asked. He snorted as she picked up her purse and smacked him in the arm with it. “Ow! I’m kidding!”

“No you’re not. You’re being mean. He’s cute and awkward and kinda funny.”

“Funny? That’s Jimmy’s job.”

“Sullivan is insane.”

“Difference being?”

“…Good point.”

“So why are you talking to me Elyssa,” Zacky said with a grin as he rested his elbows on the desk.

“Just wanted to know what Johnny’s really like,” she answered with an innocent grin.

Zacky laughed quietly and smiled. “Honestly? He’s a good kid and he’s talented as hell,” he answered truthfully.

A small smile spread across Lys’ face as Johnny walked back over with Zacky’s guitar. She looked up at the small man and her breath caught as he smiled at her.

“Here Z take the stupid guitar,” Johnny muttered as he handed the guitar to Zacky.

“Thanks bro. Where would I be without my Garden Gnome bitch?” He laughed as Johnny tried to punch Zacky again.

“Boys be nice,” Lys said with a laugh. Johnny flipped Zacky off as the other man walked away. He grinned back at Lys as he made a thrusting motion behind Johnny. She laughed as she threw a Hershey kiss at him and he caught it opened it and dropped it down Johnny’s shirt.

“Fuck! Zacky you’re fucking dead!” Johnny whined as he took off down the hall toward the bathroom.

Lys rolled her eyes as she watched the two men walk away. She had a feeling her and Zacky were going to be good friends. Now if she could get things going with Johnny she’d be set.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are love <3

x,
Joanie