Nothing Get's Better

Salty Eyes

”I mean, it can’t be all that bad, can it?” Nightmare looked hesitantly between Whip and Bone, both shrugging their shoulders without moving their eyes away from the weak form laying on the bed between them. “He was good yesterday, all jumpy and just... irritating. It’s nothing bad.”

“You talk like I could die.” Cat mumbled quietly, his lips barely moving, to weak to even look up at the man talking.

“He’s just worried about you.” Whip smiled, stroking Cat’s hair that for the first time Whip could remember wasn’t styled into perfection and grabbed on to the boy’s hand. “He miss being irritated by little Kitty.”

Cat smiled slightly, rubbing his thumb lightly against Whip’s hand before his breathing became more relaxed, and they could hear the small snoring sound hinting that he once again was asleep.

Carefully Bone sat down on the bed, stroking the hair from the teenager’s face and pressed a soft kiss against his temple. Whip smiled up at the older man as he calmingly rubbed Cat’s side.

When Whip had first come back from town with Skinny and Bone he had expected Cat to come bouncing towards them declaring that he had missed them and that ‘Nighty’ was so boring company whilst talking with his girlfriend, just normal Cat doings.

What he didn’t expected was to be met by complete silence.

“I can’t believe that I didn’t noticed him being un-normally quiet.” Nightmare sighed, looking down at the young teenager with an apologizing look.

“Not your fault.” Whip assured, looking up with a small smile at Nightmare. “You couldn’t have known.”

“But still... you noticed right away.”

When Whip had looked into the bunk he had been even more surprised, that it was drawn into complete darkness and Cat was on his back, the cover laying to just cover half of his body. For some reason Whip had thought that the boy looked more fragile and weak then he had ever seen him by just laying there.

Whip had leaned over him, lifting up the small wall lamp and stroked the boy over his cheek, nibbling on the inside of his cheek when Cat with a strained sound tilted his head to the side and looked up with blanck tired eyes and his jaw hanging slightly open.

Right then was when Whip had decided to take the teenager to the hospital.

“It’s no ones fault.” Bone stated. “If you didn’t food poison him or drug him, you haven’t done anything wrong.”

“Except ignore the sick little teen.” Nightmare coughed out in surprise when Bone slapped the back of his head. “What was that for?”

“Stop pitying yourself, Cat is the sick one, not you.” Bone grinned evilly while Whip just rolled his eyes, not even being in the hospital got them to be friendly with each other.

Thankfully they all quieted down when Skinny showed up with the doctor. Wondering the doctor looked at the three men and the young boy, for reasons he didn’t knew the scene of their closeness confused him.

“Sorry, just one person with the patient.”

Ten seconds of exchanging looks passed before the three of them left leaving Whip behind, the doctor got the feeling that it had been decided without even being mentioned before. Almost like leaving some one else with the boy would be a big no no.

“I’ll wake him up, he’s sleeping...” Carefully Whip stroked Cat over his cheek, rubbing his hand over Cat’s chest until the boy whimpered quietly and peered up at Whip. Smiling Whip ran his thumb over the thin hand that was still in his. “The doctor is here.”

“Oh,” Cat blinked up at the doctor and smiled weakly. “Hej...”

“Hello, I’m Dr. Howard, can you tell what’s wrong with you?”

“Jag mår dåligt.”

“Excuse me?”

Confused Whip looked at the teenage boy. “Eh, Eric, han förstår inte svenska.” [“Um, Eric, he don’t understand Swedish.”]

Cat winced and tilted his head to the side, away from Whip while closing his eyes.

“Um, he said that he felt bad.” Whip explained. “We’re from Sweden, but he can speak English... but, um... Not right now, it seems...”

“It’s okay, could you translate if you would be so kind?”

Whip nodded and looked back at the boy, they always spoke Swedish when talking to each other, if it wasn’t on stage or around fans, that’s why he hadn’t reacted before when they talked to him and he answered them in his mother tongue. Unfortunately it just made Whip get all the more worried.

“Okay, we’ll do some tests. And then we can maybe see what’s wrong.” The doctor said twenty minutes later, shutting his journal and opening the door. “Someone will soon come and take a blood sample.”

Chuckling Whip looked at the boy, Whip could feel how his whole body froze when the doctor mentioned ‘blood sample’. Softly Whip squeezed his hand while leaning his forehead against Cat’s, humming lightly with his lips against Cat’s ear.

“No need to worry Kitty.” He whispered calming.

“I’m not worried.” Cat blinked up at Whip. “But... you’ll be here with me?”

“For as long as you want.” Whip smiled reassuringly, moving his head away so that he could look at the teenager. “Feeling better now?”

“Only when you’re here.” Cat pouted, for once he actually looked innocent and not just fake innocent.

Whip smiled and just looked at the boy for a long time, then he stood up, loosing his grip around Cat’s hand shifting around the boy a little. Confused Cat blinked up at Whip, giggling weakly when the man heaved himself up on the bed and laid down next to him.

Cat tilted his head to the side, his nose brushing against Whip’s shoulder lightly as Whip took his hand again, loosly lancing their fingers together and holding up their hands for Cat to see.

“You’re paler than me.” Cat mumbled, looking surprised by the fact.

“You’re not far behind Kitty.” Whip chuckled, sliding his fingers down to tickle Cat’s wrist and then up again, lacing their fingers back together again and laid them down between the small space their bodies created. “But they look good together, our skin tones fit each others.”

“We look good, together.” Cat stated, rubbing his cheek softly against Whip’s shoulder with a tired murmur.

Looking at the big eyed boy Whip raised his body up a little, leaning down and gently pressed his lips against the teenager’s. Sighing quietly Cat opened his mouth, answering the kiss as well as he could without getting to tired.

“I’ll make you ill too.” Cat mumbled when their lips for a brief moment weren’t pressed together anymore.

“Then we’ll be sick together.” Whip mumbled back with a grin, sliding his free hand over Cat’s chest.

“And just lay in bed all the time, with unicorns..” Cat giggled softly, running his tongue subtle over Whip’s bottom lip. “Sounds perfect.”

“And a bit perverted...” Whip chuckled, pulling away from Cat with a small smile wrinkling his forehead when he saw that the boy’s eyes had got even more blank. “Are you okay?”

Cat shook his head, looking like he would throw up any minute. “No, get them out of here.”

“Get what out?”

Shakly Cat pointed towards the wall.

When Whip looked at what Cat seemed so scared of he could only see a light blue wall that needed to be repainted.

“Unicorns.”

Around this time Whip decided that getting the hell out to get the doctor was a good idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
('Dr. Howard?' Tss, I should have espected that when asking Sara to come up with a name :p)

Anyway, if you want the next update to the Serie just comment, nexy is a One Shot that you have may waited for.... ^^ Also, if you have any ideas you want me to put in, just suggest :)

Now continued in Second Time Counts As Our First.