‹ Prequel: Hearts & Spades
Status: Finished, done, over, ended. No more! Trilogy is COMPLETE. :D

Into Your Arms

Goodnight, goodnight/Parting is such sweet sorrow/But I shall say goodnight till it be morrow.

Paris.
2010.


I wrap my hand tightly around Alec’s as we slowly walk through the streets; a rare outing we haven’t had the time for in a while. They’re surprisingly empty for a Saturday night, but then again, it’s actually pouring buckets upon buckets of rain.
Eventually we come upon a small grassy slope near the Seine and sit down, lowing the black hoods we always wear. His left hand slips away from my right one and slowly traces up my arm, stopping at my elbow, where dozens of little vein-like scars wind from my fingertips to the middle of my elbow before fading away.
“Do they hurt?” he asks softly.
I shake my head. “They never did… You worry too much.”
“I don’t think I worry enough.”
“I wish you’d stop beating yourself up over it,” I sigh in frustration, standing up.
“Ivory, wait,” he says quickly, catching my wrist and pulling me back down. “I’m sorry.”
“I don’t want to talk about it anymore,” I say firmly. “What happened happened, and there’s no changing it.”
He nods after a beat of silence and intertwines his fingers with mine. “I’ll stop.”
“Thanks,” I smile softly, kissing his cheek and lying back on the soaked grass. My ability to control fire hasn’t been totally lost, but it becomes draining if I use a lot at a time, and it’s gotten a bit more difficult to control.
And my friendship with Jane is strained at best. It’s become too awkward for us to have a somewhat civil conversation. End of story.
“So how are we going to explain staying in Paris for the day if this just turned out to be a false alarm?” I ask.
Alec shrugs. “I don’t think an explanation is necessary.”
I glance at him. “Really? But-“
“Don’t worry about it,” he smiles, pulling me closer. “I… have it taken care of.”
“Alec, what…”
“Ivory,” he grins, “shhh.”
It clicks together in my mind. “You set this up, didn’t you?”
“You know me so well.”
“All so we could be alone? Aww,” I grin. “You’re too damn adorable.”
“I was going for romantic, but adorable works too.”
“You get what you get, babe.”
He chuckles and presses his lips to my forehead. “If you could take back the last couple years… would you?” he asks quietly.
I hesitate for a moment. “Bits and pieces,” I answer.
“I can understand that,” he nods.
“Why do you ask?”
“Just curious,” he smiles.
“Alec, you’re making me very suspicious…” I frown.
“How so?” he asks, that crooked smile still on his face as he sits up with me.
“Well, you won’t stop grinning, and you brought me here under mysterious circumstances, and you won’t stop checking your pocket.”
The reason why suddenly hits me, and my eyes widen in shock. “Oh, Alec, are you…”
Alec reaches into his pocket and pulls out the same diamond ring I tossed aside onto a table, so many years ago.
“I wanted to try again,” he smiles.

“Marry me, Ivory?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Over. For good. No more.
Told you it would be like the Sopranos.
XOXO -A