Sequel: Cleave
Status: Complete

Corrupt Me

Angel

God, I think Micah’s girlfriend can tell something is up between us. Every time she saw me during the day, she glared like she thought I’d evaporate if she looked at me meanly enough. She must know by now that Micah’s been grounded, but I doubt she knows why. He told me in class what had happened when he and his sister arrived home after stopping me from being an idiot. He said that his parents were waiting for them and grounded them for two weeks after interrogating them about where they went. I don’t think Micah told them exactly what happened but they got the gist.

So when he arrived at school, and I used my one of my best (read that as “terrible”) pick-up lines on him, he blushed like a maniac and told me that what happened last night couldn’t happen again, which I admit was a significant blow to my ego. He explained that he would be disowned if anyone knew that he was into me. Yes, he actually said that he liked me. Well, sort of. Either way, he did say “yes” when I asked him whether he liked me, but it was in the middle of a stuttered sentence about why we can never be together.

I told him that it didn’t matter, and that I could wait for him to be ready, when I spotted Isabelle approaching quickly behind him. I was about to open my mouth to warn him when he started to say “It’s not that simple”, and she made herself known by butting into the conversation. I had to rescue Micah by telling Isabelle that some shit to do with our biology project wasn’t that simple because he seemed to have lost the ability to speak, and then she took all of his attention away from me by asking him to some youth group thing that sounded really boring. I left then, slapping Micah’s lovely ass as I went, knowing it would make him go scarlet.

I had a feeling they were talking about last night until the bell rang, and classes started for the morning.

***

At the start of lunch time, I came out of my math class just ahead of Micah and Isabelle. I didn’t want to make it seem like something had happened between Micah and I last night by inserting myself in their conversation like I usually would have, especially since Isabelle was still going on about why he had got himself grounded. Instead, I exited silently, retrieved my lunch from my locker, and then searched for a short while for my friends until I found them in our usual spot, Braden smoking, Rochelle cuddled in next to him and Drew sitting about a foot away, looking out of it. I didn’t blame him. I stayed over at his place last night and apparently I was not the most pleasant guest. Like usual when either of us gets smashed and stays over at the other’s place, I slept in Drew’s bed with him. He said that I was either kicking him or mumbling about Micah all night, so he didn’t get much sleep, only a few decent sized bruises on his legs.

“Hey guys,” I said to them as I sat down. Braden glanced up at me and nodded, Rochelle replied with a “hi”, and Drew looked at me and glared.

There was a few minutes of silence while Brady finished off his cigarette and cleared his throat a little before speaking, “So… Drew told us about you and Micah. You really hooked up with him?”
I couldn’t stop the smile from appearing on my face as I replied, “We made out, yeah. And he kind of told me he likes me.”

“What are you going to do about it? He has a girlfriend, remember?” Rochelle, always the practical one, piped up. “Plus, isn’t he like, super religious?”
“Nah, he isn’t that religious. But I don’t really know what I’m going to do. I mean, obviously I want to be with him, but…”

“Be with him as in fucking him or be with him as in being his boyfriend?” she asked.

“At the start, I just wanted to bed him, but now… I really like him now. I can see myself with him years from now. I haven’t felt like that before, except with Riley, but even my feelings for him weren’t as strong as they are for Micah. God, I sound like a love-sick teenage girl. But it’s true. I really, really like him,” I blurted out.

“Aww, Angel is in love!” Drew drawled, grinning. I knew he was joking, but I hit him anyway, hopefully giving him another bruise to add to his collection.

“ANYWAY, I think you need to find out exactly how Micah feels about you and how willing he is to break up with Isabelle,” Rochelle said, ignoring my violence towards Drew.

I sighed, “Yeah but it’s not that easy. Every time I try to talk to him at school, his girlfriend’s around, and I can’t see him outside of school for like two weeks cause he’s grounded.”

“Maybe you need to sneak him out of the house?” Braden said casually, picking at his thumb nail.
“That’s how he got grounded in the first place.”
“Get him on detention? The teacher’s hardly ever in the classroom and everyone at this school is a goody-two-shoes so they never get detention. You can talk while you’re detained.”

That resonated with me, and a plan began to form in my mind. “You know, that’s not such a bad idea,” I said, smiling.

“Oh God, what are you going to do?” Drew asked, apprehensively.

“Nothing terrible. Just going to get him to skip class with me. That way we can talk while everyone’s in class, and if we get caught, we have more time to talk in detention. It’ll have to be biology though, otherwise Isabelle Busybody will inform the teacher her man is missing.”

“Good point. Do you have bio today?”

“Nope. Second period tomorrow. I can get him to come with me to get some books for our assessment from my locker and then just kidnap him.”

“I wouldn’t word it like that, but essentially it’s a good plan,” Brady said thoughtfully. “Best to give him the choice though.”

“Well, yeah, I already knew that. I wasn’t going to actually kidnap him,” I retorted back, rolling my eyes.

“Just checking,” he said, with a small smile.

“So tomorrow, you’re going to make Micah a rebel,” Drew said with finality.

“That’s right,” I replied, a smirk forming on my features as the bell rang for the afternoon classes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am terrible at updating. I'm sorry I take so long.
Thank you for sticking with me though. This is kind of a filler chapter, but I hope you like it.

Big thank yous to all readers, subscribers, recommenders and these people for commenting:
megzor
Kacen Shea
Liz Tetrax
BlackRosesBleedBlack
DeathMasterTara
BlindedbyLight


Keep them coming please, and I'll try to update quicker <3 love you all