Sequel: Cleave
Status: Complete

Corrupt Me

Angel

I fucking hate my life. Not only did my supposed ‘best friend’ drag me to school while I was hung over because he would get in shit from his parents and the principal if he skipped one more time and didn’t want to suffer all by himself, but I also have a broken fucking hand and a strange pain in my chest that goes by the name of ‘jealousy’. How, you may ask, have I gotten myself into this state? Well, for the hangover, I only have myself to blame for that. I was drunk for practically the whole weekend, and had only finished my last drink at about 4 o’clock on Monday morning. So obviously I was nowhere near recovered from my hard weekend when Drew came bursting into my bedroom at the crack of dawn, yelling at me to “wake the fuck up” so he wouldn’t be alone at school, since Braden and Rochelle were on a long weekend away somewhere and wouldn’t be back at school till Tuesday.

I was already pissed off to the highest degree by the time Drew pulled his shit-box car into the school carpark, but the sight I saw before me as soon as I stepped (fell) out of the car certainly did not improve my mood at all. When I recovered from falling out of Drew’s monstrous car and looked up, my eyes fell on the lovely Micah, which cheered me up for about two and a half seconds. I was just starting to walk over to him, fixing my usual smirk on my features and deciding which cheesy pick-up line I’d use on him today, when that stupid annoying fucking slut whore bitch Isabelle practically skipped up to him and threw her arms around his waist, nearly knocking him over in the process. Micah managed to stay on his feet, although it was a close call; the impact Isabelle made was not light. When he was steady, I expected Micah to push the annoying girl off him, since I could tell by his facial expression, even from so far away, that he was not impressed by her intense act of affection towards him. Did he push her off though? No. No he didn’t. He arranged his face into a polite smile as he looked down at her while she said something I couldn’t hear to her friends who had arrived just after Isabelle nearly knocked Micah to the ground. I didn’t have a clue what it was about, but I could tell it was something that made Isabelle really happy, which pissed me off. When I’m in a bad mood, everyone who isn’t annoys the shit out of me, and Isabelle’s happiness, coupled with the fact that she was hanging off my boy like he was some sort of life support made me want to punch something. I let an annoyed grunt escape my mouth, and marched into the school, knocking several younger kids out of my way as I went.

“Dude, what crawled up your ass and died?” Drew asked when he caught up to me at my locker.
“Nothing, fuck off,” I snapped, not in the mood for sharing my feelings at that current moment.
Drew left. He knew me well enough to know when and when not to talk to me.

I grabbed the books I’d need for my first couple of classes and slammed my locker door shut, making the girl next to me jump ten feet in the air and throw her books all over the ground. I ignored her and walked away towards my English class.

When I entered the room, I threw myself down in my seat and sulked because Micah wasn’t around yet. I knew that if I could talk to him without fucking Isabelle interrupting every five seconds, I’d probably feel better and get back to my old self a bit, but no. No such luck. He entered the classroom about five minutes after I did with Isabelle attached to his arm like a leech and talking his ear off about some shit I could tell he didn’t care about. As he passed by my desk, he sent me the tiniest smile, which for some strange reason made my heart thud just a little bit faster in my chest. God, what that boy does to me…

***

English was a non-event, as usual. I didn’t get to talk to Micah at all since our insane teacher just stood up the front rambling on about something to do with the text we were meant to be reading for the whole lesson, and besides, I doubt Isabelle would’ve let him talk to me anyway. She never does any other time, so why would she start now?

The rest of my classes weren’t much better than English was. Now, if I had biology to look forward to – the only class I have with Micah without his little leech hanging off of him – I might’ve cheered up a little throughout the day, but of course, everything has to piss me off today, and that class didn’t appear on my timetable. So, as you would expect, I went out to lunch with Drew in tow, still in a shitty mood. I was thankful that I had remembered to bring my pack of cigarettes with me; usually I can count on Braden to borrow a smoke from, but obviously he wasn’t there, so I found comfort in my own cancer sticks for once. I chain smoked about three cigarettes and was finally beginning to calm down when Drew decided to open his big fucking mouth and ruin my day even further.

“Dude, did you hear?”
“Hear what?” I grumbled reluctantly, pulling out a fourth cigarette out of my pack. I really didn’t care what Drew had to say, but I pretended to listen anyway.
“Well, I found out in History, you know I have that hot girl Portia in my class and she was talking to…”
“I don’t fucking care, get to the point,” I snarled. I didn’t have the patience for this.
“IsabelleandMicaharegoingout.”

I slowly turned towards Drew in disbelief. My lit cigarette fell out of my mouth and landed on the only bit of skin that was exposed on my leg; the large hole in the knee of my jeans.
“Fuck!” I cried out when it burned me and I crushed the cigarette under my foot before I looked at Drew once more. “What did you say?” I asked as calmly as I could.
“Uh…um…Isabelle…and Micah…are going out?” Drew said timidly, as if afraid of how I would react.
“Tell me you are joking,” I managed to choke out. I was really struggling to keep my voice under control.
Drew shook his head slowly, “Sorry,” he whispered.

Something exploded inside of me, and I could feel myself going bright red; not from embarrassment of any sort, but from anger, hurt, jealousy.
“Leave,” I demanded through my teeth. Drew practically ran away.

I stood up from my seated position on the ground, and began pacing, tugging at my hair and muttering curse words under my breath. I knew, deep down, that I had no right to be feeling jealous, or betrayed, or any of the other things I was feeling, but I was beyond reason.

With a loud shout of anger, I balled my hand up into a fist, and swung it into the brick wall behind me as hard as I could. I thought I heard something crack, but I didn’t care at that point, I just kept punching the wall over and over, until a strong pair of hands pulled me away.

“Goddammit, Angel! What the hell is your problem?” Drew’s voice came from behind me, and his hands tightened as I struggled to get away. “Fuck, stop it!”
And I gave up, just like that. I had run out of energy.
“Fine, you can let go of me now, I’m done,” I muttered, and Drew let me go so he could turn me around and inspect the damage.
“Oh my god, Angel, look what you did. That’s broken, it’s got to be. You gotta get that fixed or your hand’ll be fucked up for the rest of your life. C’mon, I’m taking you to the hospital.”

I let Drew lead me out of the school and help me into his truck. The ride to the hospital was silent, as was the waiting for my hand to be fixed. Drew spent most of our time at the hospital flirting with the young female receptionist, while I was fuming over what I had learned about Micah and fucking Isabelle.

When my hand was finally X-Rayed and confirmed broken, it didn’t take too long for it to be set in a cast and Drew drove me home afterwards. As he pulled up in my driveway, Drew turned to me.

“You gotta calm down, Angel. Seriously, you can’t give yourself a broken hand every time some guy you have a crush on gets a boy or girlfriend…”
“He’s not just ‘some guy’, Drew. He’s the guy. I know I haven’t known him that long but god, he actually makes my heart beat faster and my breathing stop when he looks at me for any length of time… Nobody’s made that happen to me before. And now that slut’s gone and taken him away from me. It fucking sucks.” I sighed. “Thanks for taking me to the hospital. See you tomorrow, I guess,” I said, opening the car door and, as usual, almost falling out of the car.
“Yeah. Later,” Drew replied, before I slammed the door closed and walked towards my house.

I didn’t turn back when I got to my front door; I just opened it and walked through. I heard the engine of Drew’s car start up a second after I closed the door. I sighed and ran my unbroken hand through my hair and trooped upstairs towards my bedroom. I lay down on my bed and stared at my ceiling, thinking of Micah and his slut until I became too tired to stay awake any longer. I shut my eyes and fell into a deep, thankfully dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry this took so long, I've been having trouble with my writing lately...
But I hope you liked it.
Comment/Subscribe?
And, my older slash story Do You Remember needs a bit of love, if you'd like to check it out...
And, I started a new story. Check it out :) Fat

Thanks for commenting:
DesiredAnarchy
IntentToStartAFire
AshlynnPSkittleQueen
Amyathia
MattLuvv
Silver.Aer
x2
eragorn122
megzor
poisongirl24

<3