Status: Ongoing

Ain't Love Grand?

Adore Me

After telling him I was pregnant, Alex had started to show a lot more affection than he had been before. Every day, he started to spoil me with little gifts; yesterday it was a teddy bear, this morning it was breakfast in bed and a red rose. He was being just.. so perfect.

He refused to let me lift a finger, saying that my only job was to look beautiful, and stay put. As much as I loved this, I couldn't help but laugh at how over protective he was being. It was nice, however, to be shown so much attention. He was still drinking, but not half as much as he would have done normally. Baby steps. It had to be. I couldn't expect him to give up everything. Just the fact that he was being so... adorable let me know that he cared, and that he was just as excited as I was to be having a baby.

I walked downstairs, hearing him mumbling to himself, and I leaned against the door frame. He was sitting at his desk, laptop open, and he was chewing lightly on his credit card. I rose an eyebrow, curious as to what he was up to, and I made my way over to him silently.

He was browsing a baby furniture website. I smiled gently, unable to stop the tears forming in my eyes. Damn hormones. He didn't hear me coming, too focused on the online catalogue he was browsing through, until I leaned over, wrapping my arms around him from behind.

He straightened a little, placing his hands on my arms around his shoulders. "Hey, Beautiful."

"Hey you," I smiled, leaning in to kiss his cheek lightly. "You know it's a little early to shop for furniture, right?" I glanced at the website, then back at him, tightening my grip around his shoulders slightly.

He gave a soft smile and a light shrug, looking back at the computer screen. "Better to be prepared than leave everything to the last minute, right?"

I nodded slowly. He was right, I really didn't want to rush around, and getting the furniture early would save time. I rested my chin on top of his head, and smiled softly. "I'm just making sure you're not stressing out or anything." I rubbed his arms lightly, kissing his forehead, and I stood up straight, moving around to sit on his lap.

His arms wrapped around my waist and he spun the chair a little bit so it wasn't such a squeeze between the computer. "No stress," he smiled and leaned to plant a quick kiss on my lips. "It helps distract me and take my mind off of... other things."

"Good.." I smiled, pecking his lips lightly, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, crossing my legs. I leaned into him a little, my cheek pressed against his, then glanced at the screen. "So, what do you have so far?"

"Not much." He shrugged and turned his head back to the computer monitor. "A dresser, a changing mat, looking at a couple other things but haven't added them to my basket yet."

I nodded, and straightened up, kissing his cheek. "I'm going to go back upstairs, and watch a movie. Do you want to come with, or are you going to continue spoiling our baby already?" I smiled softly, and stood up, stretching a little.

"I'll come with you," he said with a smile, setting the credit card down on the desk and turning off the monitor, leaving the computer on and the page open so he could go back to it later. He stood up, taking my hand in his and bringing it to his lips, kissing it softly. "I love you."

"I love you, more," I teased, smiling softly, and I leaned up, pressing my lips to his nose. "I'm so lucky.." I once again cursed hormones as I got emotional for the umpteenth time that day. I rolled my eyes a little, laughing quietly. "Damn it.."

He smiled cutely at me and squeezed my hand, and I was reminded once again that I was spending my life with a man who completely adored me as much as I adored him.