Status: Ongoing

Ain't Love Grand?

That Song

"It started with a kiss, and turned out something else
The blood coils in through my veins, I think of no-one else
I never believed in much, but I believe in this
I'm incomplete without you, I'd kill to taste your kiss.

I'm lost and lonely
Scared and hiding
Blind without you."

It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever heard. I felt like slapping Alex across the face when he said that they were never going to release it and that it was just an experiment. It was so different to their usual style. No heavy guitar riffs, no screaming vocals; just a beautiful ballad sung from the heart. It proved just how versatile the guys were individually and collectively as a band. I never knew Alex was capable of singing the way he had on the demo he'd just played for me. His voice was so soft, so soothing... it was lovely.

"It's amazing," I told him but he just shrugged it off as if it HADN'T completely made me melt. "I mean it, Al. You're a great singer."

"Thanks," he said nonchalantly, but he sounded at least a little bit appreciative of the compliment. "It's not US though, is it?"

I shrugged. "It could be," I reasoned. "Where does it say that you have to stick exclusively to one genre of music?"

"Nowhere," he admitted. "But, still... we are a screamo band. It's quite a big difference, Leese."

"So what?" I didn't know what had inspired them to write the song, and record it, but I didn't care. I liked it, and I was determined to get them to do something with it. "Show people that you're more than that. Show the world that you can do whatever you want to... and do it well."

Alex shrugged his shoulders, clearly not wanting to argue the point any more. "Maybe," was all he said until Brandon chipped in.

"I like it," he stated. "I think it's cool that you're showing you can sing as well as scream and that you don't ALWAYS have to leave it to me." A cheeky smirk crossed his features and he gave a short laugh.

Rolling his eyes, Alex shrugged his shoulders. "Then maybe we'll do something with it some day. I dunno. For now, let's just stick to what we know, alright?"

Brandon shrugged himself. "Fine by me," he conceded and then glanced over in my direction with a look that seemed to say 'I tried'.

Sighing, I slumped down into a seat and folded my arms across my chest. "Sure thing, Alex," I gave in. "It's beautiful, though. It would be a shame for it to go to waste."

"Well, you can have the demo," he said, trying to find some sort of compromise. "That way, at least you have it and can listen whenever you want to, so it's not entirely wasted, right?"

I simply nodded, but I couldn't help the smile that crept across my face. He'd recorded a love song, that he was giving only to me... Was it a sign?