Status: Active

Goodbye Goodnight for Good

The Secret Mission

We all stood in silence at only the rain to be heard. That's until Kakashi broke it.
"If there is even a faint scent that lingers from Sasuke..." he states to say. "Yeah... that's right. No way can we give up after coming this far," Naruto shouts to us determined. "We'll see this through until the end until there's absolutely not trace of Sasuke's scent," Kakashi says as everyone turns and takes off. I was also about to but am stopped by Kakashi.
"Gina... I have something to ask you. We'll search together while looking for Sasuke," Kakashi states making me frown but nod as we take off. "What is Kakashi-sensai?" I question keeping a wary look out for any Chakra's or sign of Sasuke.
"Back there with that guy... it seems he knew you. Why is that?" he questions making me tense slightly up. "... After you guys left and me and my Samurai stayed being at the lake where the Three-Tails was, I met him and a partner of his... " I start to tell him, "... and... they asked me if I wanted to join the Akatsuki."
Kakashi's eyes widen at the news as he looks at me which I remained unfazed. "I didn't see the need to tell this information because I had no interest in it but there wasn't any useful information in our meeting," I state as well to him wondering if I should tell him about Itachi. I would leave that to Naruto since he was there as well.
"But... they also threatened Amarante... and said they would send someone else to pick me answer sometime later," I say clenching my fist at that, "If Amarante is threatened in any way I will go face to face with them."
Kakashi remained quiet thinking about this. "Gina..." Kakashi says making me glance at him as we stopped and we both looked at each other.
"Maybe we can use this to our advantage."
~~~
We all had met up back at the spot where he had began. The rain had also stopped. "We've done what we could... Let's go back to the Hidden Leaf," Kakashi says to us. I stared at the guy not really paying attention.
Things were going to be different from now on.
~~~
"We, Take, will destroy the Hidden Leaf," Sasuke states taking a seat in a chair with his team behind him and Kisame and Madara in front of him. He had joined with him after the truth about Itachi was told by Madara.
"You say that, but how do you intend to go about it?" Madara questions siting on the table and looking at Sasuke. "We're going to kill the Elders. The others are not our immediate concern. If you aim high, the ones below will shield them," Sasuke states to him. "It won't be that easy. You so-called 'Taka' don't have enough strength for that," Kisame says over to them.
"Kisame-senpai, you shouldn't underestimate us. We still haven't settled that last game of ours... This time, I'm serious," Suigetsu says ready to fight Kisame once more. "Stop it, Suigetsu!" Jugo shouts over to him only making Kisame smirk as Suigetsu jumps onto the table with his sword in his hand only to be stopped by Madara catching Suigetsu by surprise. "Sasuke! You haven't trained them well," Madara states over to him. "Suigetsu! Are you stupid? This isn't the place to...!" Karin starts to shout at him. "My objective is his Shark Skin Sword! I've been hanging with Sasuke only so I could get that!"
"Sasuke... what'll you do?" Jugo questions. "All right. Go for it if you want to, Suigetsu. You probably can't beat him yet anyways," Sasuke states to him. "Oh... Thanks a lot, Sasuke. Just hold tight. I'll treat you to some tasty shark's fin soon enough."
Madara simply pushes the sword away from him looking at Sasuke. "The Akatsuki is also low on manpower. I'd like to avoid unnecessary skirmishes," Madara states. "Hmph. Then you shouldn't criticize others, you guys."
"We share common interests. From here on, Take will work together with the Akatsuki," Madara states to them. "And what's in it for us?" Sasuke questions him. . "We'll give you a Tailed Beast."
"Tailed Beast?"
"You don't know about them?"
"I know! It's like the Nine-Tails, with Chakra physically manifesting as tails, they're mon-" Karin says but is stopped by Sasuke. "In other words?"
"They're Chakra monsters. Originally the First Hokage collected several of them and kept them under his control. Each time a great Ninja war threatened the Hokage Hashirama used them to maintain the power balance and distributed them to other lands, starting with the five great nations as proof of alliances or agreements You could call them the ultimate Chakra weapons. It's not a bad preposition," Madara states to him explaining.
"That's quite generous," Sasuke says simply. "However, if you betray the Akatsuki you will die accordingly."
"There are nine Tailed Beasts in this world. The Akatsuki has collected six so far... so there are three left," Kisame says now to them. "The Akatsuki and Take will split up to hunt the remaining two. That is our immediate goal."
"Two? You don't have the Nine-Tails yet, right?" Sasuke says. "Take will capture the Eight-Tails. The Akatsuki will the remaining one... and the Nine-Tails which is Naruto... will come to us," he states making Sasuke's eyes narrow as Madara turns around and starts walking away. "How will you do that?"
"We're planning on taking away something valuable from him. We'll make sure he comes running to get it back."
Madara disappears from their and starts to go outside to a bridge where Zetsu was. "How did it go?" Zetsu questions over as he walked closer. "It went well..."
"That's good."
"Itachi is dead... so our eyesore's finally gone and now, we need no longer keep our pact to stay away from the Hidden Leaf," Madara says to Zetsu. "We've waited so long..."
"All so we could proceed according to plan. This is good. But Itachi had placed insurance in Sasuke. The Amaratsu."
"Itachi believed that no one knew the truth about him. So why go so far...?" Zetsu questions confused. "True intentions aside,he probably feared I would try to recruit Sasuke."
"But who would have thought that the Akatsuki would lose so many members to get to this point."
"We had problems at every turn but everyone made a valuable contribution in their own way. Deidara... Sasori... Hidan... Kakuzu. Without them we could not have gotten this far. Thanks to them, the scenario is playing out just as I planned. Most importantly... I've won Sasuke over."
"Yes... it's true."
"Well, anyways. Head out to get the target I told you about," Madara says turning around to leave. "Ah, the Ronin Samurai, isn't it?" Zetsu says and Madara glances over to him.
"Who else."

~~~
We all were running through the woods back to Konoha in silence. That is, after a giant slug fell from the sky and landed on a branch in front of us. "Lady Katsuyu!" Kakashi says surprised. "Oh, Kakashi..."
"What? Lady Katsuyu came all the way to greet us?" Kiba questions confused. "No, she didn't. There must be trouble because..."
"Lady Tsunade only uses Lady Katsuyu during emergencies," Yamato says making me look at the Katsuyu. "I get it! So there's an urgent situation."
"Kakashi, you are to report to the village for details from your last mission," Katsuyu says to him. "Understood. We're battling against time. Team 7 will go with Captain Yamato and head for Mount Katsuragi immediately. Gina, you'll come with me," Kakashi says making me nod. "Why aren't you coming, Kakashi-sensai, Gina?" Naruto questions confused but Yamato appears by him. "Is there a problem is it's just me?"
"That's not what I meant..."
Naruto looks away from me and then at me frowning as I looked up at the sky. "Eh... Gina, you've been acting wierd. Are you okay?" Naruto questions making me look at him. "What do you mean?"
"I don't know... You seem distant or something..." he says scratching his head. "It's nothing... Naruto..." I say to him as everyone starts to get ready to leave. "Then, we'll take our leave," Kakashi says to Captain Yamato, Naruto and Sai. I looked at Naruto and smiled at him feeling panicked inside but showed none of it.
"... Take care... Naruto," I finally say to him smiling as he looks at me surprised. "Ah, yeah! You too!"
I nod before taking one last look at him before we all took off leaving Naruto looking over where I took off.
'Why did it feel that when she was saying goodbye... as if she wasn't going to see me anymore?'
~~~
"So it's like that."
I looked at Tsunade as she thought over as I explained about what me and Kakashi had told her. "... It's true. They seem to have taken a interest in you..." Tsunade mumbles as she glances at me and glances around warily.
"Ronin Gina. I'm assigning you to a top-secret mission," she states making me tense as I nod. "This will only be inbetween us four. No one must know of this," she states glancing warily at everyone in the room. Kakashi, Shizune, and me.
"You will join Akatsuki as a spy for the Hidden Leaf Village."
My eyes widen slightly surprised as well did the rest of the people in the room. "L-Lady Tsunade!" Shizune says over to her making Tsunade glare at her. "This might be our only chance. We have to keep an eye on the organization's movements."
"...." I didn't say nothing as I thought about it. "Lady Tsunade. I'll make this clear so there's no confusion or doubt. If Amarante gets involved in this, I will stop at nothing to protect it, even if it means blowing my cover or leaving the Akatsuki and Konohagakure all together," I state to her making her eyes narrow. "I understand that. I can't stop you since you are a Samurai."
"Yes, and I will make it clear to them that I will not have any take in capturing Naruto but if I don't do anymore missions with other Tailed Beasts, I'm sure they'll become suspicious so I might have to capture others," I state making Tsunade nod. "I also see that. This mission is dangerous and can be marked as a S-rank. Also, in the eyes of everyone who knows nothing of this, it'll seem like you betrayed them," she states making me nod. "And people who know me, will be suspicious of why I left. Naruto won't believe I left simply because I felt like it."
"That's true as well. What would be a reason to make you join?" Kakashi questions me making my eyes narrow. "They did threaten Amarante in this..."
"Then it's finalized. Your mission is set," Tsunade says making tense up. I probably wouldn't be around for the time when Naruto would get back. "When your contacted your free to go... " Tsunade states as I nod as I turned around to leave. "Gina..."
I glanced back to see them all looking at my. I could see slight worry in their eye making me more nervous about leaving Konoha.
"Good luck."
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are getting good! Sasuke's going to come in the picture soon.