Status: Finished

In My Darkest Hours

Chapter 1/1

The Joker smirked when he pulled his knife out of his victims stomach. He watched the man's bloodied body with a content smile on his face. After that, he looked into the two hooded eyes. They were glassy and non-seeing. They suddenly closed, and when they opened again, they looked right back at him.

The eyes held no emotion at all. They just stared at him. Then the face began to change, and The Joker could only look at what it changed into. The Joker winced when he saw who it changed into.

It was his father's face that was staring at him. Smirking, his father stood up, and began to approach him.

''Jack,'' his father said in a mocking way. The Joker said nothing. The fear had him in its grasp. He couldn't talk. He couldn't even breath.

''Jack,'' his father said laughing maniacally, reaching out. Before his father could touch him, his body turned into sand, and fell apart.

The Joker woke up screaming. His scream died away, but the sound of panting remained. The Joker rubbed the sweat of his brow. He could still hear his father's voice in his head.

He stood up and made his way to his little bathroom. He leaned his hands on the sink, and looked at himself in the mirror.

His face was no longer covered in make-up, making his scars more obvious. The Joker was gone.

The face that was now looking at him, looked a little like his fathers, and a lot like his.

It was the face of Jack Napier staring back at him.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Please rate and comment. It would make my day :)