‹ Prequel: That Feeling of Doubt
Sequel: It Was Just a Kiss

What Have You Got to Lose

1/1

Don't look back now

I want you to remember this now. Not the stuff that happened back then. Black eyes and nose bleeds are in the past now. And you've got to stop looking back in the past. Because if you don't, it'll get you. And you know it.

It'll consume you up, and tangle you down. And my white abode holds all the past in. I took it all away from you so that you couldn't dig up the past.

Why would you dig up the past anyway? Maybe, just maybe because it's such a thrill to find out. But why go for the thrill if it's hurts; pain is more than thrill.

And when I think about it, you never had waist low pleasure, it was somewhat forbidden but you always had glory; scratch card glory. I never saw how that worked, and to this day, I still don't see how it does work anyway. You always gained that glory but you never once experienced the disappointment that comes with it too.

But then again, you always experienced the other disappointments, the bigger ones. You never experienced them alone; I was always with you. No matter what, it was just the way it worked out. Sorry you're not a winner this time.

But now, with the air so cold it's turning you cold. Because when you take a mind so bitter and anything but false intentions, what would you expect?

What have you got to lose other then your self-respect and dignity. But then, it's always easy gaining back the self-respect, the dignity however, isn't.

Please try again. Don't give it up, no, no not yet. It'll be possible, near enough everything is possible, except the impossible and the bits that refuse to be possible. Not helping much, I know.

Don't look back now, please. I don't want you to remember, don't remember! I sweat in the fear that you will; I ache in the memory that you did before. You don't have that memory now, it's gone. Said goodbye and just left you.

No one helped you forget it, and yet no one helped you remember it.

Better off you never losing it because that question before, what have you got to lose, the answer is a lot. You'll lose a lot, you'll gain a lot. You'll become lost. Please try again.

I'm not losing focus, I can't be. It's impossible, absolutely impossible to lose focus. You never did which means I can't either. We're too different to be completely the same as we are, but the thing is, we are.

It doesn't make sense, oh God it's false intentions. What are people doing to me? It's going to get me, you didn't keep it in the past. Why, oh why didn't you keep it in the past? The past is a fantastic place to keep it, why did you have to damn drag it up again?

Black eyes, I'm looking back to see. I don't want to see, why did you do this to me? 'Don't look back now' stop saying that! Stop it, can't you see?

I'm not looking back; you're bringing it forward!

It's choking me, the feeling and the memories, I can feel them around my neck. Smothering against me and choking me. Is this to try and teach me?

Teach me what? Oh God, I can't breathe. It's getting harder and harder, these memories aren't mine! Take them away from me, just take them away. I give everything back, everything. Just please take this memories away--

These memories are no long valid; insert your coin.