I Know.

Lucas

There are so many boxes I have to unpack, and while I'm working on unpacking I get a call to go in for another photo shoot. I climb over opened boxes, grab my camera bag, tripod, and set of keys, and I'm out the door.

After the shoot, I run into Rave, and we talk for a while. I could spend my whole life with him. He is so easy on the eyes and he is so confident. I really enjoy talking with him. He and I are becoming really close, so I ask him to help me unpack. He's willing and happy to help.

"It isn't anything special," I tell him, as I open the door to my apartment.

However, Rave is already so giddy to see how spacious my apartment is on the inside. He starts digging through my belongings. I tell him to just set everything on the floor, and I'll get to it later. I just want to start collapsing boxes.

Rave soon makes a game out of unpacking. For every five items he pulls out of a box, he asks me a question to get to know me better. He says he'll answer questions, as well. I really like the idea, so we talk as we unpack. He'll as me a question every few minutes, and I'll answer. I'll usually as him the same question, so I know more about him as well. It is really nice, relaxing. For once, I actually feel happy without telling myself that I need to be happy. It is coming naturally, and I like it.

-

Six months and two weeks later, Rave and I become a couple. We have been dating for about a month before we realize that we should get together. And I feel so happy. I feel like nothing can bring me down. Nothing can tear us apart.

I hold Rave's hand, as we walk into the studio. The receptionist greets me, and I talk with her for a little. My cell starts ringing, so I excuse myself to answer it. Rave stands next to me. Our hands never separate. He rests his had on my shoulder.

"It has been a while." It is Pat on the line, and I smile.

It really has been a while. It has been at least a month since I last spoke with him. "Hey, Pat, how is the band?"

"Don't start talking about us. We want to hear about you, Lucas."

I hear people in the background talking, and I know it is Georgie and Kelly. William is probably in the same room, as well. I wonder if the phone is on speaker...

"I'm happy. I'm really, really happy." I squeeze Rave's hand, and he kisses my cheek.

I hear Pat 'ooh' at me. "Is it that model you were telling me about?"

"Yes, we're together now, you know."

"Get it." He says, and I know he's talking about sex. I can picture him winking or slapping my ass. He is one strange person. "Oh, hold on, I have to pass the phone around."

I talk to Georgie, who is really excited about meeting my boyfriend. Georgie tells me that we'll have to double date some time soon, and I agree. It would be nice to introduce Rave to the band. Well, Georgie, Kelly, and Pat wouldn't mind. It will be awkward for William.

When Kelly talks to me, I can hear her excitement. She can hardly keep it in, so I ask what is going on and the results are so exciting. I can just hear how anxious and happy she is, when she says, "I'm pregnant!" I congratulate her, and I find that she seems a bit discouraged before passing the phone.

It is William next. I knew he and I would have to talk again sooner or later. I just never had the guts to call him up and apologize. After all, I never wanted to hurt him.

"Are you happy, Lucas?"

"Yes, I am."

"I love you," He says. I simply nod and reply like I always do, "I know."

I realize that he can't see my nod, but I ignore it. Rave nudges me, and he tells me that he has to go get ready for a photo shoot. "Go ahead, I'll see you after," I tell him. I kiss him and watch him leave.

By the time, I'm focusing back on the phone call, Pat is talking to me. He's telling me about some band changes. I listen. I'm good at that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said about four chapters left, but I think it is better off ending here. If anyone wants a sequel, you'll have to let me know. I may have a few ideas, but for now I'm going to stop it here. I'm sorry this wasn't as romantic or sweet as most of you expected. I just had this thought in my head for a while--the ending included--and I just had to let it out.