Status: A zombie! It's coming back from the dead!

Maybe She's Breaking?

Waterfall.

I think my sister is something like a waterfall. She’s always changing, but people are always too busy noticing how beautiful she is to really look all that close. Like a waterfall, her thoughts are always splashing around, and usually she’s always very verbal with them. She always would sneak into my room at night just to talk about what was going on with her life, and I loved those nights.

I think she did too, but lately, she’s stopped coming around. It feels alot like she’s not there anymore even though I always know she’s right across the hall. I’m really starting to miss her.

Last night I tiptoed across to hall and slipped into her room ready to argue with her all night until she told me what was happening that she wasn’t telling anyone about, but that only made her mad. She said I was too young to understand, and I didn’t get this, but she only got louder when I reminded her she was only one year older than I was.

“When you’re sixteen you know nothing!” she whispered furiously as she pushed me out of her room into the hall. “In a year, when you’re my age, maybe you’ll finally be able to get it?”

I might, Ellie, but for now I don’t get it. I kind of want her to explain, but she’s already mad. I don’t want to make things any worse than they already are between us.