Status: A zombie! It's coming back from the dead!

Maybe She's Breaking?

Manny.

“I don’t think I’m ever going to actually get you, Manny.” Donny tells me today as we’re walking back from lunch together. I’m smiling. Who would’ve ever thought?

“I don’t think you’re supposed to.” I say, even though I know he already does get me more than anyone ever has besides Ellie back when we were really close. “I can be a very complicated person when I want to be.” This is a lie. Most days for as long as I can remember, the most complicated thing about me is how many times I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. There really hasn’t ever been anything all that complicated about me, other than how I turned out like I did with a sister like Ellie and a brother like the school’s football’s rookie of the year, Mike.

“I think I like complicated.” He says. Now he’s flirting, and I can’t do anything but keep up with his pace and try incredibly hard to not start blushing.

“I think everyone does.” I say. It’s another lie though, because personally, I hate complicated. I wish I could guess every little thing everyone was going to say or do next. It would make it so much easier to avoid the eyes and the jokes I have to suffer though on a daily basis.

I think I forgot to mention it until just now. My name is Manny. It's short for something.
♠ ♠ ♠
So our main character finally has a name?
That only took 36 chapters.
XDDD