Back To December

1/1

Dear Taylor,
I’m sorry for that night. I wasn’t thinking clearly, but now that I am I see that you’re the one. The only one I want to see me cry; the only one I want to hold me on those cold winter nights. The one to comfort me when I’m upset; to kiss me when I need it. Every night I go back to our last night together, that cold December night, the night my world stopped. I shouldn’t have let you go, see I was simply afraid.

Do you remember that one June afternoon? We went to the beach, just you and I, we didn’t care about the press or the possibility of getting caught. Being together was all we cared about; we spent that whole day together. You and I spent the day playing in the waves, watching the sun set and chasing each other up and down the sea side. That night we had a bonfire, just the two of us, snuggled together and watched the flames dissipate into the night sky. As we laughed at everything and anything you leaned down to kiss me. It was our first kiss, besides on set, but this was much more. After a moment in leaned into my ear and whispered ‘I love you’ I didn’t say it back at first, but oh do I wish I did.

I wish you were mine again, I would give anything. Anything, to feel you arms around me, your sweet breath in my ear, to hear the sound of your heart beat in a silent room. I feel cold now, like someone took away the fire, and the warmth along with it. The truth is that you’re not here with me.

I wish I had a time traveling device; I would go back and change it all. I would tell you a thousand times over that I love. You wouldn’t be able to get rid of me I would try to spend every waking moment with you. That December night never would have happened. Because I love you, and that’s the truth. You might have recalled that I said something entirely different and that was because I was afraid. I was afraid, to take a chance and confess that I do in fact love you too. Chances, they’re funny huh? They don’t really tell you what to choose, but I know for a fact, that I should of chose you.

Love, Forever and Always,
Taylor Swift


Dropping my pen I put the letter in a white envelope I had addressed prior to writing the letter. After putting the letter in the envelope, I licked the corners and sealed it shut. As I got up, I grabbed the letter and my jacket that sat beside me on the floor, and headed towards the door. Putting the letter in my mouth, I slipped on my jacket. Sighing, I walked out the door, locking it behind me. I pulled the jacket closer to my body as the cold air seeped into my skin.

I quickly walked down my drive and towards the postal office, which was about a block away. Humming to myself I walked on. After about five minutes I arrived at the postal office. I placed the envelope to my lips and kissed it before shoving it into the slot. I turned to leave now that my job was done, but stopped as I saw him.

“Taylor.” He said coming closer to me, stopping about 4 feet away.

“I thought you didn’t want to see me again.” I stated recalling that night.

“I did, but then I heard a song by a very talented and beautiful singer slash actress.” He replied with a smiled; I just about melted, that smiled was one of my favorites. I loved how he smiled; it was so prefect, just like him.

“I’m sorry Taylor, I wasn’t thinking, and I was afraid. I mean it’s just-“

“Stop.” He declared cutting me off. “I understand now, but you could have told me what you were feeling instead of running. They way you just cut it off made me feel like I did something terrible, as if I had hurt you so bad.”

Shaking my head I smiled, “You could never have hurt me, you did nothing. It was all me that was in the wrong. I really missed you Taylor,” I stated shyly.

“I missed you so much Taylor I could barely stand it.” He replied closing the distance and pulling me into a tight hug. Right then, I felt like crying, it felt so right to be in those arms. This man, oh how I’ve missed him, and here he is standing in front of me. “ I love you Taylor Alison Swift. Always have Always will.” He said before kissing my hair.

I pulled back slightly, to gaze into his eyes, “I love you too, more that you could ever imagine.” I declared, and then something snapped inside of me. Tears fell from my eyes as if a dam has just broke and the water was free to move. Tears fell onto my shirt and his “I’m sorry.” I strangled out.

“For what? Crying? That’s nothing to be sorry for.” He said framing my face with his big hands. Slowly he wiped the tears away; he left his hands on my face his thumb tracing my cheek. After a moment he bent down and kissed me, the kiss was slow and full of emotion. Too soon he pulled way. “Come on let’s go home.” He said letting go and wrapping on arm around my waist. We began to walk towards my home, and then I remember something.

“Oh, you’ll be getting a letter soon.” I said leaning into his shoulder.

“I don’t need a letter anymore.” He stated before squeezing me into him, that’s when I knew everything will be alright.

End
♠ ♠ ♠
983 words