Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Embracing Change

Death; the event of dying or departure from life.

I let out a sigh, before shutting down the word document on my laptop and walked to my bedroom window. The sky was grey, following a light drizzle of rain that dropped down on the city. There was a white mist that plagued the streets with it's thickness, depriving people of their vision, creating an invisible aura to the unknown. And as the darkness came, it wouldn't be much longer before everything seemed to disappear. As I walked slowly back to my bed, I could hear my parents begin to bicker again. It was becoming a recent habit of theirs.

"She deserves to be with her family right now David. Don't you understand that?"
"Well, what do you expect we do? Pack up our things, and just leave?"
"That's not what i'm saying - "
"I have responsibilites here Angie. It's not an option!"

I exhaled out a breath of air, as my parents voices slowly became a mumble. I then lay my head quietly on the pillow, pressing play on my little rectangular life saver, and let the music drown out the anger.

"Blake?"A soft voice spoke, as I felt something touch my shoulder. "Blake, sweety?"It continued. I slowly opened my eyes, before becoming aware of my surroundings. "Dinner's ready"My mom told me, as I began to surface. I smiled lightly, sitting up on my bed. What time was it? I yawned as I checked my phone. It was 7.30. I'd slept a full 2 hours. I stretched quickly, before making my way into the dining room. The smell of freshly cooked, basil chicken, drizzled with herbs thrilled my nostrils and I smiled as I took a seat at the table.

"So, you're father and I have been doing some thinking"My mother began.

"Oh, really?"I asked, piling some boiled rice onto my plate. "About what?"

"Well"My father then spoke, "Under the circumstances, we think it might be better for you to spend some time with our family back in Mystic Falls. I realise how close you and Elena are, and seeing since we hardly get any opportunities to visit, we thought now would be perfect timing"I nodded my head, trying to process everything he was saying.

"Alright .. "I said, cutting some chicken.

"Ofcourse, if you'd rather wait another few months, maybe till summer"My mother suggested.

"Actually"I said, "I'd love to". I smiled, as we exchanged quick glances and it wasn't until I noticed that my father wasn't looking that I mouthed the words 'thank you' in my mother's direction.

The truth was, ever since I found out about my aunt and uncles death back in Mystic Falls, I had never felt right. It felt like there had been a huge gap, formed inside of me. A black hole, sucking the life from everything and everyone around me. Like death, for once had conquered us all. Not only that, but the funeral felt like it had only been a day gone by. I could remember every single detail. Like the way the whole world was silent. How the sun shined upon us, but the days were dark. I could remember how it felt, to be surrounded by death. And afterwards, when the loneliness came, we would feel the quiet. Experience the darkness. Then I had to leave.

It broke my heart to say goodbye to Elena and Jeremy, especially at a time where my presence seemed needed most, but I didn't have a choice. It was just the way things worked. I'd return to my life in the city, and leave behind the quaint little town of Mystic Falls. A place, where my ancestors had once founded. A place, that should be my home. Yet by chance, it was my father who had to be the only Gilbert son, that wanted to travel. That wanted bigger and better opportunities for himself. It was my father, who had so selfishly made the decision to seperate us from our family.

After dinner was over, I sat quietly in the living area with my mom, while my father worked silently in his study. I watched as the fire spat fiercely, it's bright red flames lighting up the dark room. I sighed slowly, as I continued to stare. For whatever reason, it always seemed to captivate me. And for a few minutes, all i'd do was watch. Watch as the flames burned, and crackled. Watched as it slowly broke down the black wood, it's remainders soon to be gone forever. Like death, I thought as the flames continued to burn.

"Cocoa, sweetheart?"My mother's voice spoke, breaking me out of my trance.

"Oh, uhm yeah"I said, accepting the warm mug. "Thanks"

As I blew lightly on the hot liquid, my eyes travelled towards her.

"Listen, about going back to Mystic Falls .. are you sure? - " I asked, but was cut off.

"I'm positive. And even though your father was dissaproving, it doesn't matter. All that does, is that you'll be with your family who need you right now. It's distressing that these visits can only be short Bee, which is why i'm giving you a one way ticket"My mother told me.

I inahled in a breath, before speaking. "I don't understand ... "I said, "What about school?"

"Well"She said, "I've arranged for you to be transferred to Jeremy and Elena's high school, for the mean time at least"She continued. "I know this is a lot to process right now, but honestly .. I think it's for the best"She said.

I smiled, and nodded my head. "I know, and i'm happy to be going"I told her.

"Good, i'm glad. I've already informed Jenna about all of this and everyone is looking forward to seeing you. Just have fun, okay? I know how much you stress over things, so take this as an opportunity to get away for a while and relax"

"I will, and thank you"I said, "I know it's not easy having to fight battles with dad"

She stroked my hair lovingly, before replying. "Lucky for you, i'm a fighter"

I smiled, before wrapping my arms around her. "There's just one more thing"She told me, as she handed me a small, black box with a red ribbon tied around it.

"Mom .."I said, smiling. "You didn't have to buy me anything"

"Technically, I didn't really spend all that much money .."She said, as I opened it. Inside, there was a silver bracelet, with charms linked on to each chain.

"It's beautiful .."I said, as I wrapped it around my wrist.

"It was mine when I was your age"My mom said, "I got it renewed and cleaned up a little, I thought you'd like it"

"I love it"I said, as I gazed down upon the shiny, silver that reflected the fierce flames of the fire.

After a week had passed, it was time to say goodbye. To my friends, to my parents and to my life in the big apple. And even though it was sad to say goodbye, it was better to embrace change. To look forward to things to come, instead of repeating normal patterns. So, with everything packed and all ready to go, I jumped in one of the all too familiar yellow cabs and made my way to the airport.

Destination; Mystic Falls.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter! :)
I've edited it due to comments on my dialogue.
Hope this is easier to read now guys!
Constructive Criticism is always welcome.
Comment/Rate/Subscrive &&
Let me know your thoughts ! Xo