Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

You Deserve So Much Better

I sighed, as I pulled off my t-shirt. It's white material stained with a tiny drop of my blood. Standing infront of the mirror, I turned slightly to my left to see what damage had been done to my back. I chuckled pathetically as soon as I saw it, and to say it was a minor injury, was an understatement in itself. Walking into the bathroom, I pulled out a cleansing wipe from the cupboard and gently wiped away some dried in blood that had stuck to my skin. I sighed again, before reaching for the bag of plasters and carefully managed to stick one on top of the cut. Running a hand through my hair, I walked back into the bedroom and to my wardrobe, where I took out another top and quickly pulled it over me.

I then reached for my Blackberry, scrolling through my contacts as I walked towards my bed. I yawned, flopping down on to the comfy mattress as my eyes linked to one name. Damon. I bit my lip, as my mind re-played what happened. The flirting, the constant teasing, the messing around .. and then he had freaked out because of a little blood? I let my head drop down on my pillow, as I slowly let out some air. It just didn't make sense. Not to mention the scissors in his couch? I groaned, throwing my phone to the bottom of the bed, deciding against calling him. What was the point? After all, he had thrown me out of his home. I sighed, rolling over on my side as I inhaled in a deep breath.

Maybe I was the one who had over-reacted? What if we'd gone too fast, too soon? Shutting my eyes, I suddenly let go of all conscious thought. I didn't want to think about it anymore, any of it. If he wanted to talk to me, he would call me. Simple. There was no need for me to be running around after him like a lost puppy. Besides, we weren't even dating. We were just .... friends?

"Yeah, 'cause you casually mess around with all your friends Blake"I mumbled, mentally slapping myself. "But if we're not friends ... then what the hell are we?"

Sitting up, I pulled my knees to my chest and let out a pathetic whimper. I did not need this, and I sure as hell wasn't going to let some guy put me in a bad mood. Inhaling quickly in and out, I pulled myself together and sprung up off of the bed. I then grabbed my jacket from behind the door, deciding that I was in need of a long walk to clear my head. Just as I was heading out, my ring tone began to play on my Blackberry. I bit my lip, reluctantly walking back towards my bed where I picked it up.

'Incoming Call - Mom'

I smiled, quickly pressing down on to the accept button as my mother's voice came calling cheerfully down my cell. And as much as I loved hearing her voice again, my heart slowly began to sink into my chest. Because somewhere deep, down inside of me, I thought maybe, just possibly, it'd be him.

* * * * *

"Are you alright Blake?"Elena asked, as we were preparing dinner later on that night in the kitchen.

I half smiled, as I began to slice some tomatoes. "Yeah"I said, trying to cloud my emotions.

"You seem quiet"She replied, breaking up some spaghetti to place in the pot.

"I'm just tired is all"I said, dodging making eye contact with her.

There was a short silence, as Elena slowly sighed.

"This isn't about Damon, is it?"She asked, as the tomato I was cutting slipped from my fingers, leading the knife to graze my skin.

"Shit!"I shouted, as blood began to appear from what would be the second cut I had got today.

"Here"Elena said, as she took out a plaster from the drawer and handed it to me.

"Thanks"I sighed, wrapping it around my finger.

"Listen"She said, as her eyes found their way to mine. "You know you can talk to me, right?"

"Ofcourse I do"I replied, "But i'd rather not talk about things that aren't worth it"

"Meaning Damon?"Elena asked, as I rolled my eyes.

"Not exactly .. but mostly"I said, "If that makes any sense at all"

A laugh escaped her lips, before she replied. "What's he done?"

I chewed softly on my lower lip, ignoring her question. "Do you know if he has a problem with blood?"

Her eyes widened slightly, as I awaited an answer. "I, uh .."She began.

"Elena?"I asked, as she suddenly became pale.

"Not that I know of"She mumbled, "Why?"

"Forget about it"I replied, "It doesn't matter"

"He's not hurt you again, has he?"She asked, as the look on her face read concern.

"No"I answered, as I began to chop up some more vegetables. Not exactly.

* * * * *

I let out a sigh, as my eyes locked with the ticking hands of the clock.

3.27 ... 3.28 ... 3.29 ... 3.30

For the next half an hour, I would have to endure Miss King's wonderful lecture on the importance of structuring essays. And even if we hadn't heard it one million times before, I wouldn't have taken any notice anyway. My mind was elsewhere, waiting to get out of the hot, stuffy clasroom. I was about to let out a yawn, just as my cell vibrated silently in my pocket. I slowly took it out, making sure it wasn't in view of Miss King, who was busy muttering to the class, or more so to herself.

'You wanna grab a coffee once we get outta here? Looks like you could use one - Tyler x'

I smiled, as I turned my head towards Tyler's direction. He was looking back at me, as I noticed him slide his cell into his pocket. I nodded my head in acceptance, as my eyes met with his. He quickly returned the smile, as I could suddely feel eyes bore into the back of me. Furrowing my brows, I turned slowly to my left, to find Stefan staring straight at me. I breathed steadily, as he never broke his gaze. I wondered what was going through his mind, yet decided to forget about it instantly. I was already in enough drama with one Salvatore brother and I sure as hell wasn't about to start any with the other.

I sighed with relief, as soon as the last bell of the day rang and the class were dismissed. And after what felt like an eternity, I was desperate for some fresh air and a lovely mocha latte to boost my energy levels.

"Ready to get out of here?"Tyler asked, as we exited the classroom.

"Like you need to ask"I replied, as he laughed.

Once Tyler had drove us to a small, coffee shop in the centre of town, we took a seat inside, ready for the waitress to take our orders.

"It's nice here"I said, as Tyler took off his jacket, placing it on the back of his chair.

"You've never been?"He asked, almost in disbelief.

"I live in New York"I replied, as he raised his eyebrow.

"Alright?"He said, as the waitress brought us our drinks.

"Put it this way"I began, "You don't really get to acknowledge small shops like this, when there's a Starbucks on every block you go to"

He laughed, before taking a sip of his drink. "Right"He replied, as I stirred my latte. "But you're not in New York right now ... "

I rolled my eyes playfully, as he smirked. "Whatever"

"So what's been on your mind lately?"He asked, as his eyes found their way to mine.

"Just .. everything"I replied, as I blew on the hot liquid.

"Including that lovely boyfriend of yours?"Tyler asked.

I sighed slowly, as I placed the coffee cup on to the saucer.

"Firstly, he's not my boyfriend"I said, "Second, enough with the sarcasm. I know you don't like him"

"I'm sorry"Tyler admitted. "You're just .. you're so much better that that"

"He's not a bad guy Ty .."I breathed, although a tiny part of myself seemed to disagree.

"You don't know that"He stated, his tone serious.

"And you do?"I asked, wishing he hadn't brought this up.

"My point"Tyler began, "Is that you deserve so much better"

I breathed out lightly, as I felt my phone vibrate again, signalling I had a text message.

'I'm sorry about yesterday, please forgive me for acting .. weird. I promise i'll make it up to you ;) - D xxxxxx'

I sighed, as I read through it again. Was he for real? 'I'm sorry' and without no explanation?

"What's up?"Tyler asked, as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Uh, nothing"I answered, "Do you mind if we get out of here?"

"No, we can go"Tyler said, as he left money for the waitress in the small, rectangular dish beside our receipt.

* * * * *

"Thanks"I said, as Tyler pulled up outside of the Gilbert Household.

"For what?"He asked, as I looked into his chocolate brown eyes.

"For everything, I guess"I said, smiling.

"You know"He began, "If you ever need a way to thank me you could .."

"What?"I asked, as I noticed a smile appear across his cheeks.

"Let me take you out again"He replied, "I mean you still owe me a dance, remember?"

I laughed, "Sure"I said, as I unbuckled my seat belt.

"The Grill, this Friday, around 8?"He asked.

"You're on"I said, as he smirked.

"I'll call you later"He said, as I got out of the car.

"Bye Tyler"I laughed, as he drove off down the street.

As I walked along the pathway to the front door, I couldn't help but feel a little bit guilty. Yet, I tried to remind myself that maybe Tyler would be good for me, better. Elena would be happier, Stefan probably would to, but would I? I sighed, as I reached the front door. And as Tyler's words flowed through my mind - "You deserve so much better' - well, I guess only time would tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas! (Sorry it's late) Hope you all had fun :)
And sorry it took me so long to get this out.
I was really busy with everything, but I finally got there.
Do all the usual lovely commenting/subscription/rating. <3
Big thank you to all the supporters of this story!
It's you, who keep me motivated.