Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Monster

"Blake"Elena called, as our fourth period class was dismissed.

"Hey, what's up?"I replied, as we headed towards the cafeteria.

"Do you have any plans tonight?"She asked, with a hopeful look in her eyes.

"Actually i'm .. "

"Hey Gilbert!"A familiar voice shouted, causing both Elena and I to turn our heads in the direction it was coming from. I giggled, as soon as I noticed Caroline strut down the hallway wearing her 'Timberwolves' cheerleading costume.

"You know, you could score one of these babies if all goes well for you today"She spoke, linking her arms with Elena and I's, as we continued to walk down the hallway. "Ooh, and there's something else"She continued, stopping at her locker.

"Which is ..?"I asked, as she dialed in the combination.

"Your try-out's gonna be outside today. Meaning not in the gym. Also meaning, that you'll be doing it infront of the entire guys football team"She winked, as she pulled out her gym bag.

"Uhh .. alright?"I spoke, as if it were more a question than an understanding.

"And I thought you might need this, you know just incase."She said, as she handed me a bright pink, elasticated sports bra.

I looked at her dumb-founded, as Elena held back laughter.

"Thanks"I mumbled, as she shoved her gym bag back into the locker before shutting it over.

"Don't want to be popping out, especially infront of your cousins ex-boyfriend and all his friends"She giggled, "I mean, talk about awkwaard"

"Yeah, thanks Caroline"I said, fighting back my own laughter as she smiled sweetly.

"It's no big, i'll see you on the field"She winked, before strutting off.

After Elena and I had made sure she was gone, we turned to each other and instantly burst out into an array of hysterical and uncontrollable laughter.

* * * * *

"Funny meeting you here"A smooth, masculine voice called as I made my way out of the girls toilets. I smiled, as he walked towards me. Eyeing my petite figure, dressed in short shorts and a tank top.

"I could say the same about you, y'know"I replied, as Tyler's lips curled into a smile.

"Me?"He asked, pretending to be innocent. "Nah, i'm just going to practice"

I laughed, as I shifted my heavy gym bag over my shoulder. "Well it's my cheerleading try-out today and Caroline's insisted that I be allowed a one off this late into the season."

"Cheerleading, huh?"He said, before offering to take my bag for me.

"Yeah"I smiled, "It's kinda my thing"I said, as I handed it over to him.

"Go Timberwolves!"Tyler mocked, as we walked out into the open football field. I laughed, before noticing Caroline and a girl with short, brown hair waiting by the bleachers.

"So, we still on for tonight?"Tyler asked, as I brought my gaze back towards him.

"Ofcourse"I smiled, "I mean Elena had planned a girls night in tonight with Bonnie and Caroline and she wanted me to be there, but you know .. i'm going out with you so"

"I'm just too hard to resist, right?"Tyler joked, as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Definitely"I smirked jokingly, as he handed me back my hold-all.

"Well, i'll see you tonight Gilbert. Don't be late"He began, as I started to walk away.

I laughed, waving him off. "See you tonight".

'Baby can't you see, i'm callin', a guy like you should wear a warning, it's dangerous ..'

I moved my body in time with the music, flowing in and out of the beat as soon as my try-out had started. I paced my breathing, timed my movements and still kept in rhythm with the beats as I showed off basic cheer skills to warm up. Picking up the pace on the chorus line, I quickened my steps and lead into a cartwheel, keeping my balance and structure steady.

'I'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic.

I smiled, leading up to my finale as I realised I had perfected the whole 'no nerves' atmosphere. When you had done this for 7 years and in all honestly, had serious skill .. there was no need to hold back. Which is exactly why I gave it my all, my best shot, my everything.

"Woooo!"Caroline shouted, as soon as the music had stopped. "That was fierce! You're amazing!"

I laughed, before sending a smile to the brown haired girl known as Sarah, who stared back at me in what seemed like shock horror mixed with adoration.

"So, am I in?"I asked, as a huge grin spread across the girls' faces.

* * * * *

Once I had changed back into my normal clothes, I walked outside only to find that it was raining. "Great"I mumbled and sighed as I started to walk through the parking lot. I then reached for my Blackberry to find that I had a missed call.

"You know, that was a very nice little display you put on back there"

I jumped, as my eyes darted to the sound of direction the voice had come from.

I sighed, putting away my Blackberry as Damon began to walk towards me. "So you saw that, huh?"

"Indeed I did. You looked so tempting in those little shorts of yours."He said, smugly.

"What's your point?"I asked, as I began to walk away, only to have him follow.

"You've not been returning my calls"He stated, "Or for that matter, answering my texts."

I rolled my eyes, as he then stood infront of me, bringing me to a halt.

"Some might say, you've been ignoring me all together"He said, furrowing his brows.

"Damon, right now really isn't the time for this, okay?"I said, as the rain began to get heavier.

"Actually, I think it's the perfect time"He said.

I ran a hand through my hair, as I locked my eyes with his. "What do you want me to say?"

"Oh, I don't know. How about you tell me the reason why exactly you've been ignoring me?"He retorted.

"Hmm, well where to begin..?"I said as he sighed."Firstly you freak out because of a tiny little accident, then you through me out of your house and send me a text a day later, a freakin' TEXT to say sorry, without even explaining why you went off on me the way you did"

"Alright -"Damon began, but I cut him off again.

"And that's not the first time you've acted weird around me. You were the same way at the Lockwood Ball, when we fled from their property, where that boy had bled to death ... - "

"Enough"Damon said, as he silenced me, placing a finger on my lip. "Blake, I apologise"

I breathed out lightly, as he removed his finger away from me, bringing his hand to cup my cheek.

"And I really didn't want to have to do this"Damon mumbled, before looking me straight in the eye. "But I need you to forget"He said, as I narrowed my eyes in confusion. "You're going to forget"He continued, "All you'll remember, is that we had an argument. A pathetic, meaningless argument that we've now resolved."

I nodded my head, as new memories began to swirl through my mind. "An argument"I repeated, as Damon caressed my cheek. "We had an argument"I breathed, "But we're okay now"

"Exactly"Damon whispered, as he kissed me softly.

* * * * *

"Hey Stranger"Tyler greeted, as I walked in to the Grill the following evening. He smiled, as I welcomed his embrace, wrapping my arms around his strong physique.

"Hey"I smiled, taking a seat at the table.

"You hungry?"He asked, opening up the menu.

"Starving"I replied, as I quickly scanned all the yummy options on the menu.

"I think i'm gonna order steak"Tyler said, as I looked towards him.

"Mmm, how i'd love a steak"I said, causing Tyler to laugh. "However, i'll probably need to stick with a simple salad, seeing since i'm now the newest member of the Timberwolves cheerleading squad."

"You're in?"Tyler asked, "That's awesome. Congrats Bee"

"Yup' and just in time for the big game next week to"I said, as a waitress approached us.

After taking our order, Tyler and I talked some more. I found it quite surprising how much he could make me laugh, just by saying the slightest thing. He was always joking around, making a good/funny interpretation out of every situation. His smile, made me smile. As if it were some kind of contagious plaque, except it was one you actually wanted to get infected with.

"So, have you found anyone special yet?"I asked, as our food arrived.

He smiled towards me, before replying. "Unfortunately not. I'm still searching for her"

"Well, maybe you're doing it wrong"I said, before taking a bite of penne pasta.

"What do you mean?"He asked.

"You know the saying 'good things come to those who wait'?"I asked, as he nodded.

"Where are you going with this?"He said, chuckling.

"Just hear me out"I spoke, as he smiled.

"Alright, let's hear it"He said, as a smile played on the edge of my cheek.

"Well, let's say you've been searching for this mystery girl for a while now. Eventually, you're gonna get fed up and probably settle for any old person. So ..."I said, "Why not let her come to you?"

There was a look in his eyes that night, as they stared into mine. One I couldn't quite place my finger on. It was like, he was seeing me for the first time. Really seeing me.

"You know"He spoke, "I think she just might have."

* * * * *

As the night was nearing an end, I felt relaxed. Relaxed in a way that normally, I wouldn't be. I felt as though I should be with Damon, especially after resolving our argument. And yet, it didn't even cross my mind that I wasn't entirely sure what our argument had been about. Still, I was happy to be spending time with Tyler. It was great to finally catch up with him, and all i'd missed out on since my last visit.

It was as we were playing a game of pool, that I noticed two familiar figures make their way towards us, focusing their attention on Tyler. I smiled, when Mr and Mrs Lockwood then approached us.

"Hello Blake"Mrs Lockwood spoke, "It's lovely to see you again"

"Hey Mr and Mrs Lockwood"I replied, "It's great to you see too"

"I hope you don't mind, but we need to steal Tyler away for the rest of the evening"Mayor Lockwood said, as he made eye contact with his son.

"C'mon, is it really that important?"Tyler asked, "Can't it wait?"

"Do as your father says, dear"Mrs Lockwood then interjected. "I'm sure Blake will understand"

I smiled, as Tyler's eyes then met mine. "Yeah, definitely"I said. "Don't worry."

"The car is outside, we'll get you there in five minutes"Mayor Lockwood spoke.

Tyler chuckled, shaking his head as they walked away. "Unbelievable"He said.

"It's alright"I said, as he made his way towards me. "I had a really good time tonight"

"Yeah, me too"Tyler replied, as I smiled.

"I guess i'll see you when I see you then"I said, as he laughed.

"And by that, I hope you mean soon"He replied, zipping up his jacket.

"Yeah"I giggled, "I'll see you soon"I said, wrapping my arms around him.

"See you around Gilbert"He said, as he squeezed me into him. I laughed again, before he let me go.

"Later Lockwood"I replied, as he chuckled. Heading towards the door.

* * * * *

I gripped on to my jacket, as the cold night air blew on to my face, blowing through my hair. The sky was a deep blue and the stars twinkled high above the Earth. I walked quickly, with my head bowed as not to catch the breeze. There were also beggers and drunks, hanging around town whom I also didn't want to make much eye contact with. It figured, I thought, that sometimes taking the short cuts through town, wasn't always the best idea. And seeing since it was late, made it even worse.

"H-hh-h-help ..."

I stopped abruptly, as I heard what I thought was a voice. My heart beat quickened as I looked around me, trying to think where it could be coming from. I gasped, as I heard it again. A voice so weak and faint, pleading for help. I hesitated, as I walked towards it. Into a single, narrow alley way.

"Oh my God."I cried, as I found the person to whom had been calling for help.

There was a young woman, lying on her side, with blonde hair and pale skin. I slowly turned her around, as she then yelled out in pain. My eyes widened, as I came face to face with her neck. It had been bleeding, she had been bitten.

"It-it's alright .."I stuttered, as I reached for my bag, my shaky hands searching for my cell. "I'm going to call for help."

Just as I was about to dial 911, I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I froze, holding on to the woman's hand as tears trailed down her cheeks. "Leave us alone"She cried, holding on to me.

"Well, well .."The voice spoke, "Who do we have here?"

I dropped my Blackberry on to the hard gravel, letting go of the woman as I suddenly recognised the voice of the man standing behind me. As I slowly stood up, a single tear dropped from my eye. I turned around quickly, hoping that I would be wrong.

"Damon"I whispered, as I almost fell to my knees.

He remained silent, as his eyes met mine. Those, of a monster's.
♠ ♠ ♠
. . . . . . . ;)
- comment, rate, subscribe. <3
big thank you to all my wonderful NON- SILENT readers.
p.s happy new year!(: