Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

For Your Own Good

I sighed, letting my head fall on to my knees as I lay on my bed, surrounded by literature. I had an essay due for tomorrow, a novel to read by Friday and two pieces of folio work to hand in. Sitting back up again, I ran a hand through my hair and walked in to the bathroom, where I examined myself in the mirror. Not only did I feel physically drained, but I looked it to. My normally bright, sparkling eyes, were now a dull shade of brown. My skin was paler than usual, and I had a throbbing headache which didn't help anything. I felt bare, wearing only my underwear and a plain white tank top, yet I wasn't cold. Sighing again, I bent down to retrieve some paracetamol from the small cupboard below the sink. I quickly swallowed it, taking a swig of water from my bottle and walked back into my bedroom, where I found a very attractive vampire lying on my bed.

"Hello Blake"He spoke, as his eyes traced my petite figure, wearing clothes that barely covered me.

"H-how did you even get in here?"I asked, as I walked towards him.

"Your window was open"He answered, "And it just so happened I wanted to pay you a visit"

"Oh, really?"I asked, eyeing him suspiciously as I took a seat on the bed beside him.

"Why do you sound so surprised?"He asked, as his hand ran along my outer thigh.

I bit my lip, as he sent warm chills up my spine. "I have to study"I breathed, as he moved closer towards me, wrapping my legs around him.

"I think you deserve a break"He smirked, before placing his lips on to mine.

"Damon"I moaned, as my arms wrapped themselves around his neck. "I can't .. "

"Let me help you relax, alright?"He said, as his breathtaking eyes pierced into mine.

"Okay, but you need to quiet"I whispered, as my eyes travelled to my bedroom door.

He smirked playfully, before attaching his lips back to mine, beginning to pull off my tank top.

I breathed him in, as my hands travelled to his shirt which I began to un-button. His hands roamed my now, almost naked body, as I wore nothing but underwear. I ran my hands along his toned chest, as he threw his shirt off, bringing his hands to cup my cheek.

"I've waited so long for this .. "He spoke, as his lust filled words made me smirk. " .. for you"

"Baby"I whispered, as my lips began to kiss down his chest, till I reached the top of his trousers.

"Hmm?"He replied, as he bit down on to his lower lip, his eyes filled with a raging hunger.

"Tell me .. "I began, making my way back up to him, as I slowly un-did his belt.

"Yeah?"He answered, as I slid my hand down his pants where I soon felt his package. He groaned with pleasure as I squeezed it. I chuckled lightly, my eyes never leaving his.

"What is it you want more?"I asked, as he furrowed his brows. "Me, or my blood?"

With that, I whipped my hand out of his pants and nudged my knee hard into his crotch. I got up off of the bed, as he groped his private area in pain, picked up his shirt and threw it towards him.

"Blake, what the hell?"He asked, through ripped breaths.

"I'm done Damon"I replied, as I walked towards my set of drawers, before pulling them open and putting on a pair of soft, pajama bottoms.

"Is this because of what I am?"He asked, slowly standing up.

I felt tears build in my eyes, as I ran a hand through my hair. The last thing I wanted however, was to show any signs of weakness infront of him. So, I took a huge breath before facing him, and blinked back my tears.

"You want to know what hurts the most, Damon?"I asked, as his eyes found mine. "It's that, you've never properly asked me out on a date, or even came close to making me feel like I meant something to you. You've never lead me to believe that you want me to be your girlfriend, and yet you think you can just use me, compell me to do or think or say whatever the hell you want me to."

"I'm not using you, Blake. I didn't compell you for my needs, I was doing it to protect yours. Do you think I ever wanted you to find out about what I was? Or about the fact that when I met you, I wanted nothing more than to drain you dry, because all I did was fantasize over how much I wanted you?"

I breathed out steadily, as he put on his shirt, his eyes stuck to mine.

"I liked you before I knew you were a vampire, Damon. The night I met you, I couldn't keep my eyes away from you. I was instantly attracted to you, I thought the feeling was mutual. Obviously, I was wrong."I said, "Because all you really wanted, was to drain me dry, right?"

"That was before I got to know you"He pressed, as I pulled on my tank top. "You can't hold that against me Blake. You know i'd never dream of hurting you .. "

"You can't prove that. You can't tell me that you've no longer got a desire to rip open my neck and feed off of me, when it's what you are made to do Damon"I replied, fighting back the increasing urge to cry.

"You're wrong"He replied, as my watery eyes looked towards him. "Stefan and Elena are living proof that it can work. That it does work. All i'm asking, is that you trust me"He said, as he walked slowly towards me.

"We're not Stefan and Elena, Damon."I answered, "We're not even close."

"Don't do this Blake ... " He began.

"I'd like you to leave"I said, before he could finish.

Sighing, he shut his eyes, placing a gentle kiss on to my forehead. "Damon"I whispered, placing a hand on his chest, smoothing down his shirt.

"I know, i'm leaving"He said, until I stopped him.

His mesmerizing eyes stared at me longingly, as if searching deeply into my soul.

"I need to ask you one more thing"I said, as I placed my hand on to the vampire friendly ring that allowed him to walk in the sun. "And I want you to answer me honestly"

He raised his brow, as I continued. "Did you kill the boy, the sixteen year old, when you were at the Lockwood Ball with me?"I asked, as I felt my voice crack at the very sound of me saying those words.

"No"He replied, feeling a huge wave of relief wash over me. "I was too busy trying to protect you from whatever did"He continued.

Without another word, he released his hand from my own and before I could even blink, he was gone.

* * * * *

"I .. I don't understand"I said, as Elena, Stefan and I sat in the Salvatore lounge the following day after school. "My mother gave that to me as a gift .. "

I sat in awe, staring down at the silver charm bracelet my mother had given me before leaving New York. It's charms, Stefan had figured, were embedded with vervain. They glistened in the light, sparkling when the sun hit them directly. Pretty little diamontes, which inside, held the deadliest herbal plant known to the vampire world.

"She told me it belonged to her when she was my age, it's something she's passed on to me .. "I said.

I inhaled lightly, as I thought about it. I had wore it the day of the memorial, when Damon tried to compell me for the first time, and it didn't work. Then the second time, when Damon did compell me, when I wasn't wearing the bracelet, the compelling had worked the way it was supposed to.

"Your mother"Stefan's voice spoke, "Is a wise woman, Blake"

"But how could she be? She has no knowledge of vampires in Mystic Falls. She has no knowledge of actual, living vampires ... "I replied, as I then looked to Elena.

She was sitting infront of me, her palms placed on her thighs, looking towards Stefan.

"Your mother has been here a lot longer than you have Blake. I believe she lived in Mystic Falls at one point, with your father?"Stefan asked, breaking my gaze with Elena.

"Yeah, that's right"I replied, "We lived here for a while, when I was younger."

"Well then, didn't it ever occur to you, that she may have been keeping things from you. Things, that you wouldn't believe anyway, even if she told you? Like the fact vampires once and still do live in Mystic Falls ... "Stefan asked, as my mind felt like a twister, swirling around all this new information.

"Things, you're better not knowing"Elena then spoke, "Because it's for your own good."
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprise Update! I actually didn't think i'd get this out tonight.
It's a little short, but Damon is featured mainly in this chapter.
Again, I hope things are a bit clearer now, to any of those who were confused.
I really do love my readers, especially those NON-SILENT ones who comment.
You're the lovelies who keep me motivated(:

X's and O's.