Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Words Left Unspoken

"So, when did you say your parents were coming home?"I asked, as I took out a bowl of freshly made popcorn from the microwave.

"Not till tomorrow night"Tyler replied, popping a piece into his mouth. "How come?"He then questioned, as we made our way into the living area.

"No reason"I shrugged, taking a seat on the sofa.

"You're not worried about them, are you?"He asked, wrapping his arm around me.

Worried? "Uhh .. no? I mean, should I be?"I spoke, turning my head to face him.

"No, ofcourse not"He said, as he looked towards me. His dark brown eyes, lingering on my own. "All that I was meaning was ... "

"What?"I asked, as he paused. A smirk forming on his cheeks.

"I thought you were worried about them walking in on us doing something we probably - "

Laughing, I cut him off from continuing what he was about to say. "That's not even a possibility"

"Oh, yeah?"He asked, as he took the bowl of popcorn out of my lap and sat it carefully on to the table.

"What are you scheming Lockwood?"I asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

Smiling seductively, he brought his head closer to mine, before cupping my cheek with his hand.

"You know at any given moment, someone could walk through that door, right?"He whispered.

Furrowing my brows, I pushed him lightly away from me and laughed. "Whatever Ty"

Chuckling to himself, he reached back over for the bowl of popcorn and I got out the blanket. Then, sighing happily as Tyler pressed play on the remote, I snuggled into his chest. I smiled as the opening credits of the movie began to play, wrapping my arm around his toned torso. This was exactly how I wanted to spend my night, with nothing on my mind, but how great it felt to be resting in his arms.

* * * * *

Stirring lightly, I turned my body around so that I was facing Tyler. He slept so peacefully, breathing in and out at a soft, steady pace. I watched his chest, as the air in his lungs began to fill up, then deflate, over and over again. It was so quiet, that I could almost hear the slow, sounding beat of his heart. Placing the back of my hand lightly on to his forehead, I stroked it gently, before placing a soft kiss on to his cheek. Since returning to Mystic Falls, I had never imagined that Tyler would be the one to welcome me back the way he did. In many ways, he had changed. He was changing. And as I drifted off into sleep, I only wondered if part of the reason he was doing so, was because of me.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Awaking suddenly to the sound of my cell ring tone, I awkwardly tried to remove Tyler's heavy arm from around my waist. Squinting my eyes in the direction of the digital alarm clock that rested on the bedside drawers, I roughly made out the figures 1:15. Who, I wondered, could possibly be calling my cell at this time of the morning? Getting up from the bed, I pulled on Tyler's t-shirt and steadily made my way around his room, picking up our clothes that were darted messily around the room. When I finally found my cell hidden under Tyler's jeans, I narrowed my eyes against the bright light on it's screen which read:

'Incoming call - Elena'

"H-Hello?"I whispered, as I answered the call, making my way out of the bedroom.

"Blake, where are you?"Elena replied.

"I, i'm with Tyler"I answered, as I walked out into the hallway. "Is, uhm, is everything alright?"I then asked, as I made my way towards the bathroom.

"It's Caroline"Elena spoke, her voice a mixture of panick and unease.

"What's happened? Is she alright .. "I questioned, trying not to think of any worst case scenarios.

"She's in the Hospital, Blake. Matt found her, collapsed in her home. She's stable, but can't remember anything that happened. I, I can't really talk for much longer, but would you mind coming down? I know it's late, but it's only Stefan, Matt and I that's here."

Breathing out, I ran a hand through my hair. "Uh, sure. I'll be there as soon as I can"

* * * * *

After quickly shoving on my clothes, I took Tyler's car keys, without wanting to wake him up and made my way to the hospital. On arrival, I was immediately welcomed by Elena, who wrapped her arms tightly around me. She looked tired, as I noticed her normally sparkling brown eyes to be dull and drowsy.

"Hey, are you alright?"I whispered, as I rubbed her back gently.

"I will be"She replied, as we took a seat next to Stefan and Matt, who were equally as worn out.

"W-what happened?"I asked, as my eyes made contact with Matt. "'When did you find her?"

"Around ten o'clock. She was just laying on her kitchen floor, not moving. I didn't know what to do, so I panicked and called an ambulance. She was unconscious for about an hour and when the doctors tried to speak to her, she couldn't recall anything that happened."

Swallowing a hard lump that had formed in my throat, the first thought that came to my mind was something i'd been trying so hard to escape. The thought of Caroline being compelled by mind control, lying helpless and unprotected in what she thought was the safety of her own home. Exhaling out a breath of air, my eyes travelled towards the exit doors of the hospital. And to everyone's surprise, the last person anyone expected to show up, came sauntering through them, with a look of satisfaction, glistening in his light blue eyes.

* * * * *

There was silence, as Damon and I sat across from each other, looking towards Caroline who lay peacefully at ease. After Elena and Stefan had left, I had offered to stay with her for a while. Matt refused to leave, and Damon, for whatever reason, decided he wanted to stay for a while to.

"Jenna told me you came by .. "I spoke, breaking the silence, as he looked towards me.

"Good for Jenna"Damon replied, faking a smile.

"She mentioned that you wanted to speak with me"I said.

"Does it look like I have anything to say to you, Blake?"Damon asked, running a hand through his messy, black hair.

"I was going to call you earlier, I just, I didn't know if it'd be a good idea or not"I replied honestly.

"Just forget it. Forget Jenna even told you I came by"He snapped, "What I had to say to you, is no longer of any importance."

Without another word spoken, the silence returned. Filling the small hospital room with nothing left, but the emptiness of words left unspoken.
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW UPDATE.

So, i'm getting better at this whole updating regularly thing, right?
Wrong! I won't be updating a lot during this week, as i've got so many things going on.
However, I hope this keeps all of you occupied until I get the chance to update again.
Anyone else think that Caroline 'collapsing' is a little bit strange? ;)

Comments would be EPIC.
- please and thank you. <3