Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Sacrifice

"Do you think it was her?"

"I hightly doubt it, she wouldn't have left Caroline alive."

"And you're sure it was a vampire?"

"Positive"

Slowly closing the front door behind me, I proceeded up stairs to my bedroom, ignoring the conversation that was going on in the kitchen. As much as I cared for Caroline, I wanted more than anything for the one possibility that had occured in my mind, to be proven wrong. I sighed, switching on the lamp that rested on my bedside table. Then, running a hand through my hair, I dropped my bags on to the floor and fell on to my bed. Already, I had heard too much.

* * * * *

Closing my eyes, I let the hot water soak up in my skin. The bubbles floated like clouds atop the water and sweet scented candles burned softly in the background. Sighing peacefully, I decided to let my mind wander. It had been so long since i'd taken a hot bubble bath, that I almost forgot how it's healing powers managed to work small miracles. I thought of the weekend i'd shared with Tyler, leaving out the disruptions, as I rubbed a soft lotion on to my skin. It was smooth and scented like strawberry. I sighed calmly as I lay my head down into the water, listening to the steady sound of my heartbeat.

badump . . . badump . . . badump . . .

"Mind if I join you?"A sudden, silky voice spoke, causing me to jump up.

"What the hell!?"I yelled, as my eyes travelled to the tall figure standing at the doorway.

"Surprise"Damon spoke, his lips curling into a devilish smile.

"Get out!"I shouted, bringing some bubbles towards me so they would cover my chest.

"Oh, will you relax."He replied, making his way towards me. "It's not like you're hiding something i've never seen before."He smirked.

"Why are you still here?"I snapped, as he leaned down towards me. His eyes now aligned with mine.

"Stefan's cooking dinner, which by the way Elena wanted me to tell you is almost ready."

Rolling my eyes, I was about to stand up, until I remembered I couldn't.

"Whatever. Could you pass me my towel, please?"I asked, noticing his light blue eyes lingering just above my chest.

Standing up, he reached for the towel that was resting on the radiator and was about to hand me it, when he paused. "You want the towel?"He asked.

"Obviously. I need it. Now, give it to me"I said, reaching my hand out to him.

"Why don't you just walk over here and get it yourself?"He teased, with a sparkle in his eye.

"Very funny, Damon."I replied, "Stop messing around"

Taking two steps closer to the door, he dangled the towel in front of me. "Just come get it"

"This is ridiculous!"I moaned, as my patience grew thin. "Just hand me the damn towel!"

"Is that an attitude, i'm hearing?"Damon mocked, his eyes glued to mine.

Sighing, I decided to give in. Besides, I had nothing to be ashamed of. I was happy with my body, with the way it looked. Cheerleading was something that assured me I didn't need to worry about my physical appearance when I was constantly keeping it in shape. So, standing up and out of the bath, I walked towards Damon, who observed my every move. His eyes, gazing intently on my soaked skin. He knew had gotten what he wanted. Taking the towel from his hands, I wrapped it around my body, twirling my hair in the process.

Biting down seductively on my lip, I watched as his eyes continued to roam my body. "Hey Damon?"I whispered, taking a step closer towards him, our eyes instantly connecting. I breathed out lightly, as my lips were now just inches from his. Then, in absolute delight of runing the moment, I spoke. "Grow up"

* * * * *

After dinner was over, there was a quiet atmosphere that lingered in the household. Elena and Stefan lay together on the sofa, drifting off into sleep, while I finished cleaning up in the kitchen. Jeremy was at the Grill with a friend. Jenna had gone out for the evening with Alaric (or, as he is formally known 'Mr Saltzaman') and Damon had continued to observe me as I put away the dishes.

"So, tell me"He began, as I stretched up to the top cupboard. "Is being in a relationship with the oh, so charming Tyler Lockwood, everything you expected it to be?"

"You know, your attempts at trying to make conversation with me, really are pathetic Damon"I replied, closing over the cupboard doors once i'd carefully set the dishes away.

Raising his brows, he let out a light chuckle. "Oh, i'm sorry. Am I making you feel uncomfortable?"

Running a hand through my hair, I tried to shake off the sarcasm that was present in his annoyingly attractive voice.

"C'mon Damon, you and I both know we're not going to stand here and talk about Tyler .. "I said, watching as his eyes made their way to mine.

"Don't bet on it. I could tell you a few things about your lovely little boyfriend you know."He spoke, walking closer towards me.

"As long as you're not about to tell me he's a vampire, then we're all good"I said, as he bit down on his lower lip, showing view of his pearly whites.

"Speaking of vampires"Damon spoke, "I know you overheard us talking earlier today .. "

"It wasn't intentional. If anything, I didn't want to hear it."I explained, as my eyes were locked with his.

"You have to stop running from it Blake"He pressed, his tone serious.

"What if I can't?"I mumbled, breaking our gaze. "I mean, I .. "

"You have to"Damon spoke, "You don't have a choice anymore"

Swallowing down a hard lump that was forming in my throat, I couldn't bring myself to look at him. I wanted to be vulnerable, to let it out. Everything i'd been feeling these past few weeks. I wanted to cry, to tell him I was scared. That I was terrified.

"I'm not going to keep secrets from you, Blake"Damon said, "I made that mistake once already"

Looking towards him once more, I met with the honesty in his expression. His light blue eyes focused on mine, sending cool shivers running through me. Then, slowly bringing his head closer towards mine, he cupped my neck with his left hand.

"I know you have every reason to feel fear, that you have every reason to be afraid Blake"He spoke, as his right hand slowly ran down my arm, towards my charm bracelet. "And I understand that I hurt you. That I should have done so much more to protect you from this. I realise that. But i'm not going to let anything hurt you. I wouldn't risk your life like that."

Breathing out lightly, my eyes still focusing completely on his, I didn't even notice that he had managed to loosen my charm bracelet.

"The thing is"He continued, "I need you to forget about this conversation and what i'm about to do, because you're with somebody who makes you happy. You're with somebody who treats you the way you deserve to be treated. And I wouldn't sacrifice your happiness for anything"

Feeling a small tear fall from my eye, Damon finally closed the gap between us, placing his lips on to mine and kissed me like it would be the last time he ever would. Our lips moved in perfect sync with each other. And just as our kiss began to deepen, he broke away. Mumbling something under his breath, he placed something into the palm of my hand. Then, watching as he walked away, I opened my hand to find my silver charm bracelet, glistening under the light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Personally, I really enjoyed writing this.
Who else kinda teared up along with Blake? Haha :')

Just want to say THANK YOU to all my readers and subscribers.
I love you guys.

XOXOXOXOXO