Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Empty Reflection

"Okay girls, that's a rap!"Caroline shouted, after we'd finished going over our new routine. "Keep rehearsing and i'll see you all on Thursday."

Once everybody had gone to the showers, I collected my hold-all and made my way over to Caroline who was just about to leave.

"Hey"I said, "How are you feeling?"

She looked tired, almost weak as she shifted her heavy bag over her shoulder.

"Well, as you can probably see, i've been better. But i'm not complaining"She replied, her tone a little harsher than I had expected.

"I'm sorry, I know this past week hasn't been easy on you"I said, as we made our way out of the school.

She sighed, running a hand through her light blonde hair before turning to face me. "Listen Blake, I didn't ask for your sympathy. I'm fine. And i'm pretty sure that i'm more than capable of taking care of myself. You got that?"

"I was only trying to help you out Caroline. Offer to coach the squad for a while if you needed some time off to relax. You know, what friends are supposed to do."I replied.

"God, I don't need your help!"She snapped, her blue eyes cold and narrowed.

I didn't know what to say, what to think, as I stood infront of her. She had never had this attitude towards me. She was always sarcastic or obnoxious, but that was Caroline. Yet, she had never treated me with so much disrepect than she was doing now.

"I ... "

"What?"Caroline spat, interrupting me from what I was about to say.

Slowly inhaling a breath, I pulled out a set of keys from my bag and walked towards the parking lot. Refusing to waste my breath any longer than I already had.

* * * * *

"Blake?"Tyler answered, a surprised smile edging on his cheeks as he answered the door.

"Hey. Do you mind if I come in for two seconds?"I asked, placing a kiss onto his cheeks as I walked into the grand entrance of the Lockwood Household.

"Sure. Is everything alright? I was just about to head out, but ... "He replied, closing the door over behind me, his gaze meeting with mine.

"Oh, no. I'm fine. I wasn't planning on staying long. I'm just here to pick up a few things I left over the weekend. Where are you headed out to?"I asked, before catching sight of a tall figure who was making his way towards us.

His eyes were the first things I noticed. They were so green, like emeralds glistening under the sunlight. His strong, upper body was exposed, showing off his toned chest that was perfectly tanned. He was tall and masculine and to say the least, extremely attractive.

Observing my wandering eyes, Tyler turned around to see where my gaze had landed, a grin forming on his cheeks. "Blake, this is my buddy Ryan."He spoke, as our eyes connected. A smile forming on his lips to reveal a perfect set of white teeth. "Ryan, this is my girlfriend Blake Gilbert"

I inhaled in a breath, biting down on my lower lip as he held out his hand. "It's nice to meet you"He spoke, his voice husky.

"Likewise"I replied, shaking his hand gently, before letting go.

"Uh, anyway. We're going for a run, but i'll call you later babe."Tyler said, before sneakily stealing a kiss, causing me to let out a giggle.

"Well, have fun"I said, soon finding my eyes travelling back towards Ryan's direction.

"It was nice meeting you. Hopefully i'll see you again sometime soon"He said.

Smiling politely, I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you too."

As soon as they were gone, I proceeded up stairs to Tyler's bedroom to collect some of my things, feeling a burning urge to mentally kick myself. Note to self: Do not, under any circumstances, find yourself attracted to any of your boyfriend's friends. Ever.

* * * * *

When I eventually arrived back home, I headed straight towards my bedroom. Ignoring the smell of a delicious dinner cooking, ignoring the chatter of Elena and Jenna in the kitchen, even ignoring Jeremy as he walked past me in the hallway. I was beyond tired, both physically and mentally. After storing away my bags and putting my cheerleading costume in the hamper, I began to strip down until I was left in my underwear. I didn't have the energy to put on a pair of pajamas, I didn't care to. Sighing lightly, I pulled myself under my duvet, allowing the soft fabrics to smother me. Then closing my eyes, I let myself drift off into a peaceful slumber, allowing myself to happily let go of the world.

"Kiss me Tyler"I breathed, wrapping my arms around his neck. I ran my hands through his jet black hair as his lips came crashing down onto mine, sliding his tongue into my mouth. I moaned lightly as our legs wrapped around each other, feeling his hardening member rub against my thigh.

"Blake"He whispered, placing delicate kisses onto my neck, his hands keeping a firm grip on each side of my hips. I breathed out lightly, closing my eyes as I felt him kiss lower down my body. "I love you"

Opening my eyes, I felt my heart beat through my chest, thumping loudly in my ears. It was those words, those three words that were so crucial, so powerful and yet so tragic that my reaction wasn't immediate. Not until I saw him, his eyes piercing deeply into mine. Those ocean blue eyes.

"I love you too, Damon"I said, forcing my lips passionately onto his.


I awoke suddenly, my pulse racing in my chest, as I tried so hardly to focus on reality. My eyes shot fiercely around my bedroom, just to assure me that I was having a dream. Sighing, I lay my head back onto the pillow, allowing my heart beat to relax. I ran a hand through my hair, breathing steadily as I pondered over what had just happened. How could I make sense of it? Should I even try to? Deciding to get up, I walked into the bathroom and splashed my face with cold water. Then, picking up the towel that rested on the radiator I slowly patted it across my cheeks. Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I saw a girl whom I hoped I never would. She was lost, confused. Isolated in a completely different world to the place she once knew. Slowly walking back to into the bedroom, I flicked off the bathroom light and climbed effortlessly back into bed.

Why was this happening to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for the terrible lack of updates :(
I've been so busy with school and my personal life.
However, I do love this story and I hope you all bare with me.
Comments and subscriptions make me happy<3

P.S In my eyes, this is what Ryan looks like: Click.