Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Captivating

"Good evening passengers, this is your Captain speaking. We will be landing on the ground in around approximately 10 minutes. Just to inform you all, the current time is twenty minutes past five and the weather is fairly warm, with some light showers. Proceeding to land"

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as I heard the speaker above my head, and slowly opened my eyes. Yawning, I then took the time to adjust myself. I breathed softly in and out, making sure not to get myself in a panic. The landing was always the worst part of an airplane journey for me, and knowing my nature, I wasn't good at handling nerve-wracking situations. I then made sure to click my seat belt into place, securing it safely around my waist. Lastly, I said a quiet prayer into myself. I wasn't sure how long I had been asleep for, amazed that I even got to sleep in the first place. Honestly, I was just glad that the flight would soon be all over with.
Flying wasn't really my thing.

Once i'd landed safely on the ground, and my pulse wasn't racing abnormally, I proceeded to retrieve my luggage. I had packed 2 full suitcases, and had an emergency hold all just incase I ever ran out of any essentials. It took a while to get all of my things, but after I had, I began to make my way to the exit. Not knowing whether or not to get a taxi, or train ... I paused for a second. I was never good at decision making, especially when it came to travelling. If only Mystic Falls wasn't so out of the way. It took, I estimated .. about an hour's drive to get into town. Maybe even less. I sighed, as I took my blackberry out of my handbag and scrolled down my contacts. I was just about to call Elena, when ...

"Hey Blake!"A strong, masculine voice shouted. I turned my head to the left, where the direction of sound was coming from, and smiled as I saw Matt Donovan standing at the entrance to the Airport carpark.

"Matt"I said, making my way towards him. "It's so good to see you!"I said, and wrapped my arms around him. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm actually here to give you a ride"He said, taking my suitcases from me.

"Oh"I said, surprisingly. "Are you sure, I mean .. how did you even know I was coming back?"

He smiled, "Elena told me. She's been telling everyone"He said, and chuckled.

"Ah"I replied, as Matt directed me to his car. "Well, thank you"I said, "I really appreciate you doing this"

"It's no problem Blake and uhm, it's good to see you back home"He said. "You look great"

"Likewise, Mr Donovan"I said, as we departed the airport.

After what seemed like a pretty short journey in the car, we had finally reached our destination and I was happy to admit that Matt hadn't changed one tiny little bit. He was still the same charming, kind, sensitive and very handsome guy that he had always been.

"Thanks again Matt"I said, as he pulled up outside of the house.

"Don't worry about it, I offered to do it so, it's cool"He said.

Once we got out of the car, and Matt had taken all of my suitcases from the boot, he took a step closer to me, and wrapped his arms around me in a cuddle.

"Just for reference, they're all having a bit of a celebration in there. I wouldn't be surprised if you find your aunt Jenna passed out on the couch by now"

I laughed loudly, as he pulled away. "Thanks for the warning"I said, and adjusted my hold all around my shoulder. "But uhm, you're not staying?"I asked.

"Unfortunately, i've gotta meet up with the guys. Football practice"He replied, as I nodded.

"Well, have a good night. No doubt i'll see you sometime over the weekend"

"Yeah, definitely"He said, and smiled.

I then waved to him as he drove off, before making my way towards the front door and smiled excitedly as I rang the bell.

"BLAKE!"Elena announced, as the door swung open. "Ohmygod, how are you?"She asked, trapping me in a huge cuddle. I laughed, as I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm great, how are you?"I asked, with just as much enthusiasm. "It's so good to finally be here with you guys"I said, just as Jeremy appeared from the stairs.

"Yo' Bee"He said, as a smile spread across his face. "Whassup'?"

"Haha, it's good to see you too Jeremy"I said, before giving him a hug.

"Blake, come with me"Elena said, taking my arm and dragging me into the kitchen. I smiled, at the familiarity of the house. Everything was exactly the way it had been the last time I was here and there was a beautiful feeling of love, that was always present in this household. A place where you were always welcome, where a family could really grow.

I smiled as soon as I saw Bonnie and Caroline setting up the dinner table. They were carefully placing plates and cutlery neatly across from each other, and I noticed that the table was covered in a lovely, shining cloth with red and black patterns. There was also a delicious scent of chilli that made it's way throughout the house, and as soon as I saw the chef, I caught my breath. He was tall and muscular, with mesmerizing hazel eyes and golden brown hair. His skin was pale, but it only highlighted his features ever more amazingly.

"Blake, there's someone I want you to meet"Elena began, "This is Stefan, my boyfriend. Stefan, this is Blake. My cousin"She introduced. I bit my lip, as he held out his hand. I should've known he was already taken, especially by someone as beautiful as Elena.

"It's very nice to meet you"He said, as I shook his hand, which felt extremely cool to touch.

"It's nice to meet you too Stefan"I replied, as he smiled.

My eyes then shot to Elena's, who winked cheekily at me. She was giving me the 'i'll tell you all about him later' look.

After i'd been warmly welcomed by everyone, it was almost time for dinner. I'd decided however, that I wanted to quickly freshen up and so, was about to make my way upstairs. I was suddenly stopped dead in my tracks when I entered the hall to find a tall figure, with pale skin, black hair and stunning blue eyes. He was dressed in a grey shirt, with black jeans and was carrying a bottle of what looked like champagne or wine. He had features like Stefan, with a perfect jaw line and very beautifully structured cheekbones. It was safe to say I had been captivated, for the second time this evening.

"Well, well"He began, "To whom do I owe the pleasure?"He asked, as he took hold of my hand and placed a gentle kiss onto it. I blushed deeply, as a smirk played on the side of his cheeks.

"Blake Gilbert"I replied, as his eyes continued to keep a hold on me.

"Blake"He repeated, "What a beautiful name you have. I'm - "

"Damon"Elena's voice sounded, as she appeared behind me.

"Hello Elena"He said, and smiled. "I was just making accquaintances here with Blake . . . "

"And she was actually just about to go freshen up, so if you wouldn't mind ... -" Elena began,

"Elena, it's alright. He was just being polite"I interrupted.

She half smiled at me, before clearing her throat. And as my eyes met with Damon's, he had that same, irresistable smirk on him that he had when I met him.

"Excuse me"I said, before quickly making my way upstairs.

"Now she, is absolutely delicious"Damon said to Elena, once I was well out of hearing distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter ! :) I'm amazed that i've actually got this one out tonight. Comment/Rate/Subscribe .. Enjoy ! Xo